Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sporina wrote: »
    i wonder if the Limerick mum is of German descent? something she said last night made me wonder

Yeah she said she was part German.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pilly wrote: »
    Dressed up doing Irish dancing as far as I can remember, a holy show anyway. One of the funny auditions like. :)

Any video of it?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any video of it?

Can't find one but found this. :D:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jNuUapLnLc

I'd say he's a character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Tracy catching her cat in the fridge.....Priceless!
    I could watch that over again. To the dog 'No I know it wasn't you son' LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

Knew the limerick mum was too good looking to be 100 % irish ! not surprised if shes from Cork , great personality - you cant beat Cork women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Not sure what the couple who I think are from Mayo add to the show. The couple where the fella always has the hulk hands cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I like mammy Grufferty!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Veerrry attractive.

• Advertisement

Hot alrite but rough ! She's the breadwinner but don't like how she reminded husband she was paying the life insurance . Also said she admires the travelling community ????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

goochy wrote: »
    Hot alrite but rough ! She's the breadwinner but don't like how she reminded husband she was paying the life insurance . Also said she admires the travelling community ????

They are joint owners of their business and employ 14 people. Burgaled 14 times.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2016/02/05/athy-business-burgled-for-14th-time/

Apparently he went into the hairdressers 14 years ago and left with her number. Legend. They are my favourite. Seem like a lovely family.

I am surprised at how much I am enjoying the Irish version. Definitely an eclectic mix.

But there is one thing....when I am watching the English version I try and figure out who I'd like to go on a night out with and there's loads....the two gay lads (and I never thought I would) but they are fcuking hilarious, sandy and Sandra, the moffets and the friends where she lives in a mobile home (his facial expressions when she says something stupid), the parents and their geezer son from Essex, and the suddiquis....but I wouldn't feel the same about the Irish one...unless it was the grufferty mum and the limerick mum 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The one thing I was expecting to see in the paper at some stage was an article written by Dr Ciara Kelly(Operation Transformation doctor) commenting on Ireland eating/drinking habits whilst watching TV because she watched Gogglebox!

Ciara Kelly . Allergic! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

#savethemeerkats

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

#savethemeerkats

Meerkats >>> cancer

Meerkats >>> cancer

I'm as bad as Tracy/Anita, I was laughing and crying at same time during that scene

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm as bad as Tracy/Anita, I was laughing and crying at same time during that scene

Same as that, tbh. Really didn't expect the young fella to be so overcome.

The vote for meerkats was the definition of comic relief!

Same as that, tbh. Really didn't expect the young fella to be so overcome.

The vote for meerkats was the definition of comic relief!

It was excellent tv, exactly why I love Gogglebox - the little guy changing his vote that is, not the kid crying!

Tadhgs reaction to his nana getting so excited about Late Late Country Special was hilarious, "I dunno why you're nudging me, I dunno any of them"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I really Enjoyed tonight, I had given upon it a bit til I read the thread.time to watch some back episodes

• Advertisement

I really Enjoyed tonight, I had given upon it a bit til I read the thread.time to watch some back episodes

There have been one or two dull episodes but in general I think it is an excellent show, it's ultimate people watching

The Cavan twins reaction to the Happy Pear twins was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

this was thee best episode of the irish Gogglebox I have ever seen.. lots of class moments.. gosh the kids put me to shame.. how much they know, so young..

The slagging the Happy Pear guys got was well done and deserved - annoying to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I enjoyed it tonight #savethemeerkats

Those Happy pear twins annoy me too so much so I don't buy their produce :D

I vote for the meerkat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Autosport wrote: »
    I enjoyed it tonight #savethemeerkats

Those Happy pear twins annoy me too so much so I don't buy their produce :D

Me too, they are like an older version of Jedward. Always jumping about the place and butting in. See them on the 6 o'clock show regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

That programme with the kids was brilliant and your man hell bent on saving the meerkats and the other group changing their vote to cancer was just adorable - I was thinking I don't remember being that smart at their age, the fact they knew about what refugees were

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

kopite386 wrote: »
    That programme with the kids was brilliant and your man hell bent on saving the meerkats and the other group changing their vote to cancer was just adorable - I was thinking I don't remember being that smart at their age, the fact they knew about what refugees were

my thoughts exactly.. imagine how cleve that wee guy is gonna be when he is older? Like, it was so clever of them to change their charity - just shows how people can influence each other.. group dynamic etc

Me too, they are like an older version of Jedward. Always jumping about the place and butting in. See them on the 6 o'clock show regularly

They would make eat you meat and dairy turn away from being a vegan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Philomena Begley......she must be nearly 70!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Philomena Begley......she must be nearly 70!!!

She's 74!
    Last year when I watched it I had to goggle every bodies age and had to do the same this year for my farther!

Advertisement