Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I do like the Adenuga's. He is a Nollywood star and still travels back to Nigeria to make movies - may have already been discussed here but too many pages to go back and check :)
    Thought both daughters were still in school until they were talking about the older ones pregnancy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Dovies wrote: »
    I do like the Adenuga's. He is a Nollywood star and still travels back to Nigeria to make movies - may have already been discussed here but too many pages to go back and check :)
    Thought both daughters were still in school until they were talking about the older ones pregnancy!!

So did I, I was shocked at that! I love them too. :)

pilly wrote: »
    So did I, I was shocked at that! I love them too. :)

She got married last year in Nigeria

Dovies wrote:
    She got married last year in Nigeria

How old is she?

pilly wrote: »
    How old is she?

24/25 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

I liked the Portlaoise family. The dad doesn't speak a lot but he says a lot through his facial expressions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭goochy

like the black haired daughter on left from Portlaoise , a bit of meat on her and very pretty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One is pregnant :eek: they look so young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So did I - then I was shocked when they said she was pregnant
    24/25 I think

Wow I thought she was leaving cert year I didn't think she was that old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw a competition on the TV3 Facebook page a few weeks ago asking people to knit a new tea cosy for them!

this was on the Ireland AM morning program. I thought the competition was pretty pathetic, there was no prize, the winner was going to be shown on TV and that was it.

But to my surprise loads of people made the cozys and sent them in.

But in fairness some good did come of it, they are going to auction them all off for the Alzheimers tea day chairty, which I think is next week.

The Mr T one was by far the best. I think one of the presenters was calling it BA baracus, missing the pun entirely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

i think for once we should be proud of irish TV - its a great show - and its +ve and happy and fun to watch as a family/with mates - has a lot going for it.. good auld irish humour.. esp in light of all the crap going on in the country

kopite386 wrote: »
    So did I - then I was shocked when they said she was pregnant

Wow I thought you was leaving cert year I didn't think she was that old

OK after much googling and cryptic clues it seems she is 20! The adenugas are showbiz personalities in Nigeria and her husband is quite well known too

OK after much googling and cryptic clues it seems she is 20! The adenugas are showbiz personalities in Nigeria and her husband is quite well known too

Thought she looked young alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sporina wrote: »
    i think for once we should be proud of irish TV - its a great show
    Lots have negative comments about it saying crap like "what have we come to, sitting watching other people watching tv", as though the program just shows people sitting silently in a room.

I actually watch it more to see the programs that were on, rather than the people commenting, it's like a highlights show. It reminds me a bit of BBCs points of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The palliative care line from the Cabra girls was the best line in the show last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I couldn't stop laughing at the Cabra girls when one of them said that she put her legs through the handles of a bag so she wouldn't wet herself!

The palliative care line from the Cabra girls was the best line in the show last night.

yeah that was funny

man they come across as very thick sometimes.. like your wan crying about the fish.. :eek: and about how people from the country being tried with all the fresh air?? i hope they are joking and that maybe their humour is lost on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was last night the finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Banbha32

Last nights episode was amazing again!!! :D i like the english one too but ya cant bate the irish humour. I need to find that David fella so i can marry him :) .... the girls with the fish scene ... what does she feckin think they do with them.... give em palliative care :D hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was last night the finale?

Yeah it seems it was with next weeks episode saying Best Bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

kopite386 wrote: »
    Yeah it seems it was with next weeks episode saying Best Bits

Why do the Irish shows feel they have to suck the life out of a programme with "best bits"? Same with First Dates. It's just an excuse to get another programme out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Westeros wrote: »
    Those two women in Wicklow, the blonde girl, I could swear it's her on the radio advertising Silken Thomas in Kildare.

It probably is. She's Laura Woods from Eastcoast fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Why do the Irish shows feel they have to suck the life out of a programme with "best bits"? Same with First Dates. It's just an excuse to get another programme out of it

I think it's absolutely pointless too. Didn't bother with the 2 over Christmas and won't bother with this one on Wednesday.
    If I see it's a best bits show for other programmes like Room To Improve, Restoration Man, First Dates etc.. I instantly switch off. Doubt they get much ratings anyway compared to the original run. Even thinking back to those 1 episode a series in Friends where they'd recap. Those again were pointless and just dragged out a series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If they edited an hour together of the Cavan Twins contributions then I think I'd probably watch it.
    * idea there for any TV3 execs reading I suppose *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If they edited an hour together of the Cavan Twins contributions then I think I'd probably watch it.
    * idea there for any TV3 execs reading I suppose *
    Love it!

Oh and the two women in Dublin (can't remember what part of Dublin, the Liberties maybe?, they have the cats and dogs).

Also the two young male gay friends, they are very witty also!

Personally I love a good highlights show. Especially since I missed a couple of the shows.

nooooo not the last one????? grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody seen the new Lidl ads with the people shopping. It's a little like Gogglebox!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

Love the show but the Cabra girls do my head in. They come across as 'hurlers on the ditch' critical of everything.

• Advertisement

greysheep wrote: »
    Love the show but the Cabra girls do my head in. They come across as 'hurlers on the ditch' critical of everything.

i just think that they come across as v thick

Advertisement