Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

what do you expect - skangers !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

goochy wrote: »
    what do you expect - skangers !!

Jesus, if you think they're skangers then you're definitely not from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Really loving this series, wasn't a fan of the gay lads in Dublin last one but they have been great this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Has anybody seen the new Lidl ads with the people shopping. It's a little like Gogglebox!

saw that last night for the 1st time.. the guy from Cavan? cheeky pups Lidl

I Am from dublin . I know theres worst out there but they are common as muck.
    Ps I am not from south county dublin myself but I certainly am not anything like that.
    The liberties woman are more of the old style decent sort working class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well the cabra girls think nothing exists outside Dublin City, it's a pretty sad attitude to have.

Sadly it's a very common thing with dubs. When i was growing up we travelled all over the country but most dubs stay in their own area never mind city.That's why they have become ammune to how bad a place dublin has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sadly it's a very common thing with dubs. When i was growing up we travelled all over the country but most dubs stay in their own area never mind city.That's why they have become ammune to how bad a place dublin has become.

I'll never understand that attitude, why wouldn't u want to explore your own country, one of my goals is to visit every county in Ireland, and that's a proper visit it doesn't count if you are just driving through.

goochy wrote:
    I Am from dublin . I know theres worst out there but they are common as muck. Ps I am not from south county dublin myself but I certainly am not anything like that. The liberties woman are more of the old style decent sort working class

There's an awful lot worse out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I think the Cabral girls are great craic! They bounce off each other. Very funny and don't mind making fun of themselves.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    I think the Cabral girls are great craic! They bounce off each other. Very funny and don't mind making fun of themselves.

and making themselves look stupid..

nah I don't think they are funny - how thick they are is funny maybe..

others have actual wit like the limerick/cavan/kildare folk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One of the Cabra girls really reminds me of Geraldine that was on the Apprentice a few years ago!

No Geraldine is actually ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

goochy wrote:
    most dubs stay in their own area never mind city.That's why they have become ammune to how bad a place dublin has become.

Rubbish comment TBH . Sounds like something someone with parents and relatives from outside Dublin would say and had their head filled with rubbish from an early age. I'm from D7 myself. I've been all over the world and this country as have my friends

Everywhere has people who stay in their local area. Including Ireland. I've​ met lots of people all over the west of Ireland who have never left their area and some who have but came back.

I know people from Co Clare who've never been outside the county

Every town and village in Ireland is the same.
    Remind your relatives of that next time you are having a "chat" about things up in that there Dublin
    https://youtu.be/XpYbK588nB0

Stoner wrote: »
    Rubbish comment TBH . Sounds like something someone with parents and relatives from outside Dublin would say and had their head filled with rubbish from an early age. I'm from D7 myself. I've been all over the world and this country as have my friends

Everywhere has people who stay in their local area. Including Ireland. I've​ met lots of people all over the west of Ireland who have never left their area and some who have but came back.

Remind your relatives of that next time you are having a "chat" about things up in that there Dublin

Totally agree, can't stand how some people put their own county and it's people down.

As my granny always said "don't put yourself down cause there's plenty of others to do that for you".

I am sure lots of your friends have been all over the world as many Dubs travel around the world. Until you move away from Dublin you wont see these things about Dublin.
    I know Cork people are seen as parochial but in my experience they travel around a lot.

lets just agree the Cabra girls are marmite.

Stoner wrote: »

in the context of gogglebox - remember what one of the cabra girls said one night about how she met someone "from the country" and how they are always tired due to the lack of fresh air..

like "the country" is another world in their eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

sporina wrote: »
    in the context of gogglebox - remember what one of the cabra girls said one night about how she met someone "from the country" and how they are always tired due to the lack of fresh air..

Fairly sure you have that mostly wrong.

Wasn't it more like "you know when you go down the country *all nod* and you've more energy because of the fresh air *all nod* - well when they come up here do they feel all tired?". "They get used to it you dozey....".

Also indicates they have been 'down the country' for those who think they haven't left Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anybody seen the new Lidl ads with the people shopping. It's a little like Gogglebox!

Yes thought the same :p

So going to miss it after tonight. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Tonight is just a recap. So no new footage I would guess. Pity

remember absence makes the heart grow fonder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fairly sure you have that mostly wrong.

Wasn't it more like "you know when you go down the country *all nod* and you've more energy because of the fresh air *all nod* - well when they come up here do they feel all tired?". "They get used to it you dozey....".

Also indicates they have been 'down the country' for those who think they haven't left Cabra.

Whether they've even been west of Lucan or not. They are still a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd love to see the Cabra girls and the Cavan lads together. I could just imagine the looks they be giving one another!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see the Cabra girls and the Cavan lads together. I could just imagine the looks they be giving one another!

sock fight :P

are those people from Cabra actually women ?

there's absolutely no need to be so ****ing nasty. There's banter and then there's just being a dick.

goochy wrote:
    lets just agree the Cabra girls are marmite.

No problem. Agreed.
    I've seen little of them tbh.

It's hard to get to watch too much TV with all the traveling I do anyway. :)

I am more of a fan of these types of shows when the *stars" are from a different country. It's easier to distance myself from them.

And by the way I don't know if that's a medical thing or not. But my wife and I were only talking about that the other day.
    You get a great sleep in the west near the sea.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard "the fresh air knocks you out"

First time I heard anyone reverse it though lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I know the rules are attack the post and not the poster but ffs you aren't making it easy...these are normal people not really being paid and they are entertaining. Mightn't be everyone's cup of tea but such is life. What have you done except acting like a ckok!

Advertisement