Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I’ll check tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It appears to be up now!
    https://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/1025

They might have edited the episode due to the guy from blind date!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It appears to be up now!
    https://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/1025

They might have edited the episode due to the guy from blind date!

What happened with the guy from blind date??

What happened with the guy from blind date??

The guy that was on it and was chosen was a guy that beat up a man in his 60's in Australia. He ended up getting a sentence and fled Australia.
    It was all over the news here. A quick Google by the researches would have have
    saved themselves a lot of hassle.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-pull-footage-of-blind-date-contestant-after-its-revealed-he-was-convicted-of-vicious-assault-in-australia-36228695.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The guy that was on it and was chosen was a guy that beat up a man in his 60's in Australia. He ended up getting a sentence and fled Australia.
    It was all over the news here. A quick Google by the researches would have have
    saved themselves a lot of hassle.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-pull-footage-of-blind-date-contestant-after-its-revealed-he-was-convicted-of-vicious-assault-in-australia-36228695.html

That's crazy! Bit scary for the date to find out about it after the fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A few new hair cuts and styles

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

There must have been a 2 for 1 deal on hideous velvet dresses. The Cabra one looks like a roast ready to go in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The two girls from Wicklow have really grown into the show since they stopped cursing as much. Quite like them and they have some witty one liners.

Still love the Cavan Lads but they definitely seem to be taking a back seat. The Limerick sons and mother are stealing the show and are absolutely fantastic. Gruffertys are class.

The Cooley boys are hilarious. Seem really down to earth and the piece about accents was comedy gold. Badically used the same accent for all the counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

yes Wicklow girls are ok now - blond one is quite hot too.
    find the cooley lads a bit false - trying too hard. the Pembroke couple are just terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Does the Louth lad in the middle not drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Cavan twins definitely seem a bit more reserved or something this series. Can't really remember too many stand out moments from them recently.

The Pembroke couple are an attempt to copy the UK's Giles and Mary but they are just not very interesting whereas Giles at least is quite funny in the UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

haha the Louth fellas doing a cork accent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

fin12 wrote: »
    haha the Louth fellas doing a cork accent.

They did about 4 different accents and they were all the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

The Cavan twins definitely seem a bit more reserved or something this series. Can't really remember too many stand out moments from them recently.

The Pembroke couple are an attempt to copy the UK's Giles and Mary but they are just not very interesting whereas Giles at least is quite funny in the UK version.

Giles and Mary are among my favourites in the UK version, I wish the Pembroke pair were more like them!

UK version is so stale lately, I watch out of habit but I don't really enjoy it that much. Whereas the Irish version is going from strength to strength IMO.

I think the Pembroke pair might be good if they got a bit tipsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Sparko wrote: »
    Giles and Mary are among my favourites in the UK version, I wish the Pembroke pair were more like them!

UK version is so stale lately, I watch out of habit but I don't really enjoy it that much. Whereas the Irish version is going from strength to strength IMO.

If any of you can you should watch the Aussie series. It's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Sparko wrote:

Sparko wrote:

I agree totally with you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Dovies wrote: »
    If any of you can you should watch the Aussie series. It's excellent.

I saw a clip on fb today from oz goggle box.
    A lady was pulled over for drink driving. She tried to con it by not blowing, pretending she was. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Lisha wrote: »
    A lady was pulled over for drink driving. She tried to con it by not blowing, pretending she was. Hilarious

OMG I saw it today as well, calling her mother mommy was the best bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sparko wrote: »

Ya it's is, I was watching the uk one last Friday and didn't bother finishing it, it was so boring.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    OMG I saw it today as well, calling her mother mommy was the best bit :D

And the faint... so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lisha wrote: »

It's excellent. Much cruder than the UK one which makes it funnier

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Dovies wrote: »
    It's excellent. Much cruder than the UK one which makes it funnier

How do we get to watch the Oz version?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

just watched the most recent episode and I had a thought - if you were living abroad and missing home, Gogglebox Ireland would be class to watch - tears would be flowing too though no doubt..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dessie is very funny this series

Loved gogglebox this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

The cavan lads with the mouse!! Gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Naid23 wrote: »
    The cavan lads with the mouse!! Gas!

That was hilarious especially when the females started screaming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

The Cabra girls laughing at Nigella was funny, actually everone laughing at Nigella was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The Augustus gloop part!

Advertisement