Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marky Mark and Mel look very interested :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I think the Americans are like "what is this sh1te"??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

"Dips the wick and now he's having second thoughts "������

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I think the Americans are like "what is this sh1te"??

Mel and John looked genuinely excited watching Fair City :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have a pain laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Will Ferrel will be googling next week - what happened when deco got back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Peter Kay singing the hymns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It was a good show tonight. The 2 boys from Dublin were hilarious

The Late Late Show with no misery has been really good, as in enjoyable, Peter Kay was so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Lads, the Cat opening the fridge. I nearly died. 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Will Ferrel will be googling next week - what happened when deco got back?

"Its just dawning on me in Fair City nothing is fair" Will Ferrell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I hope this wasn't the season finale - I burst my hole laughing from beginning to end. They're all likable characters, some of whom got more likable as the season progressed. I gave up watching the English version (which I used to love) because the Irish version is far funnier (I suspect you'd have to be Irish to agree, I don't know) - Is it fair to compare, seeing as our sense of humour seems to be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I hope this wasn't the season finale - I burst my hole laughing from beginning to end. They're all likable characters, some of whom got more likable as the season progressed. I gave up watching the English version (which I used to love) because the Irish version is far funnier (I suspect you'd have to be Irish to agree, I don't know) - Is it fair to compare, seeing as our sense of humour seems to be different?

Totally agree. I had a pain in my back from laughing so much Love all the characters but still haven’t warmed to the new Dublin couple as much. Love the Show. Would love if they did a segment of them watching Gogglebox Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Naid23 wrote: »
    Lads, the Cat opening the fridge. I nearly died. 😂😂😂
    Ah here I nearly wet me self laughing at that cat tonight! Did you see when it fell off the couch, cats do actually land in their feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

RobertKK wrote: »
    I watched that British workers wanted, it was hilarious.

What channel was that on?

fin12 wrote: »
    What channel was that on?

Channel 4.

It was a serious program, but it was like a comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

RobertKK wrote: »
    Channel 4.

It was a serious program, but it was like a comedy.

Watched it, felt sorry for that guy James. He was really trying and working so hard but getting nowhere. So sad when he was outside where he lived and was like I’m not taking ye in there and how he just eats a rustlers burger a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Great episode. Was weak from laughing at it. I hope it goes on for longer because I remember in the past we've seen them watching the late late toy show.
    Dessies look of horror when they said the shape wear only goes up to a size XL was hilarious. John and Dave are brilliant as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing I like about Gogglebox is seeing people say they love XXXX and they hate YYYY and others saying they hate YYYY and love XXXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My Mam got chatting to Laura and Dessie G in Dublin city centre a few days ago, said they were lovely warm people and delighted to have a natter. As a 40 yo man myself ive a soft spot for Dessie, funny man who clearly loves his family and doesnt try to be anything he's not and makes no excuses for a bit of middle aged spread. Plus he has excellent taste in footwear! And Laura is a foxy momma.

They were saying to my Mam that they have 4 kids altogether but their eldest, girl of 17,didnt want a bar of it, just like Ozzy and Sharons girl!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

is the show from the 22nd repeated anytime? it didn't record for some reason..

and was that the last show of the series?

sporina wrote: »

I think around 12 tomorrow night on TV3 or 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

sporina wrote: »

Saturday @11:10 pm on TV3
    Sunday @9pm on 3e

Yes I believe it’s the Last in the current series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Naid23 wrote: »
    Lads, the Cat opening the fridge. I nearly died. ������

Jees, i wasn't even looking, i actually thought the cat came out of the fridge then :eek::p

Until i actually looked it up, but beware cat videos are addictive :o:p

Larbre34 wrote: »
    My Mam got chatting to Laura and Dessie G in Dublin city centre a few days ago, said they were lovely warm people and delighted to have a natter. As a 40 yo man myself ive a soft spot for Dessie, funny man who clearly loves his family and doesnt try to be anything he's not and makes no excuses for a bit of middle aged spread. Plus he has excellent taste in footwear! And Laura is a foxy momma.

They were saying to my Mam that they have 4 kids altogether but their eldest, girl of 17,didnt want a bar of it, just like Ozzy and Sharons girl!!

Laura is gorgeous. The first time I saw it I thought she was the oldest daughter, not the Ma!

The mother in Limerick is gorgeous too. I loved the bit a few episoes when there was the vagina tightening on Good Morning, and Mrs Ryan in Limerick goes "Well to be fair, as you get older there can be a loosening of your.." and the two boys instantly go "Ma, stop now. Be quiet. Don't want to know".

My mother introduced Googlebox Ireland to me about half way through this years series. She said she was in tears laughing at it. Have to say Im hooked on it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah, Gogglebox Ireland is very enjoyable. Only started watching it at the second episode of this series. Had always been a fan on the British one, but I think it's suffering hugely from the loss of the Moffat's. I know they're trying to push Giles and Mary hard, and they are very good, but it's not the same. I do think the Irish one has been better than the British one this series.

I think whilst the British one is dependent on a few people to carry the show, there's a lot of very funny people on the Irish one. My favourites would probably be the Limerick mother and two boys, as well as the two gay friends, but they all have their very funny moments. My favourite moment of the series just gone has to be their reaction to Nigella making the Brownie. "She looks like a madam and she's got a fella waiting upstairs" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DPPdzLwXUAIBCWC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

I laugh every time at the bit in the opening credits when Granny Ettie says “They’d make a show out of anything” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

DPPdzLwXUAIBCWC.jpg

Meet the "Man Plan" :D

• Advertisement

DPPdzLwXUAIBCWC.jpg

scarlet for him, the poor fella :P

Advertisement