Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 The Secret Star

Anyone else find the 2 women from Greystones really boring? I don't think they said anything funny or entertaining the whole series. In the last episode, one of them said while watching Ireland's Fittest Family "My 7 year old loves this", and that was all. I mean they seem like nice ladies but they just don't contribute like the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Anyone else find the 2 women from Greystones really boring? I don't think they said anything funny or entertaining the whole series. In the last episode, one of them said while watching Ireland's Fittest Family "My 7 year old loves this", and that was all. I mean they seem like nice ladies but they just don't contribute like the others.

Took me a while to warm to them but I think their funny at times. They only ones I really don’t like are the new older couple. I know the producers were looking for nuns/priests for the next series, that would be funny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Took me a while to warm to them but I think their funny at times. They only ones I really don’t like are the new older couple. I know the producers were looking for nuns/priests for the next series, that would be funny

The older couple seem like a poor attempt at emulating Giles and Mary from the British version. They've made me chuckle a few times, but I can see why people wouldn't like them.

Hope the new series won't be long! We've had three inside just over a year so the new one should be in March, roughly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Was will farrel and the rest of the cast of that film on gogglebox yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Was will farrel and the rest of the cast of that film on gogglebox yet?

They were on Wednesday nights which was the season finale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Last one was the finale? Seems like a very short season if so. The UK one is still on every week and think they both started again around the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Synode wrote: »
    Last one was the finale? Seems like a very short season if so. The UK one is still on every week and think they both started again around the same time

UK finishes tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Dovies wrote: »
    UK finishes tomorrow night

nooooo love it - when is it back on?

i know that this is a thread for gogglebox ireland but really have gogglebox uk withdrawals tonight... nothing else on tv grrrrrrrrrr how i miss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Does the English one have to have Strictly Come Dancing on every shagging week? Other than that it's not bad even if it does rely a bit much on Nutty & Nutty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

ollaetta wrote: »
    Does the English one have to have Strictly Come Dancing on every shagging week? Other than that it's not bad even if it does rely a bit much on Nutty & Nutty!
    Giles and Mary are barking mad. BUT hillarrious.

Leon died today. He was 83 years old. Poor June.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Saddened to hear that! I liked Leon & June. June’s been posting Christmas wishes to everyone on Twitter too.

Just saw it on fb. How sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just saw that on the news RIP Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Poor June. Gonna miss Leon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Poor June! A sad time for Leon’s family.
    Rip Leon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ah that's sad news.

The man's a legend, he always made me laugh when June would withhold the biscuits on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Awful sad to hear about Leon, he was a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Ah that's sad news.

The man's a legend, he always made me laugh when June would withhold the biscuits on him.

Just watching them now.

June hoovering crums off Leons jumper.:)

The way she could hear exactly what he was upto in the kitchen was gas.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Just watching them now.

June hoovering crums off Leons jumper.:)

The way she could hear exactly what he was upto in the kitchen was gas.

Show us your knickers June lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Very sad may he rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know if it's returning in February?
    There was no mention of it in the articles when they did their launch during the week!

Does anybody know if it's returning in February?
    There was no mention of it in the articles when they did their launch during the week!
    Think it's back in September. There programming dept leaves a lot to be desired. Year break in red rock. Blind date cancelled half way through. And a great programme like goggle box suspended for 9 months.

Think it's back in September. There programming dept leaves a lot to be desired. Year break in red rock. Blind date cancelled half way through. And a great programme like goggle box suspended for 9 months.

Thanks!
    I was expecting it to be back because it returned last year in February.
    It's kind of understandable why they had to cut the last few episodes of blind date!

as for blind date - any loss? I didn't watch it but I heard that it was deplorable..

actually now that i think of it, wasn't Al Porter the host? Maybe the cancellation of the show coincided with his misbehaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's crap news that it's not back until September

sporina wrote: »
    as for blind date - any loss? I didn't watch it but I heard that it was deplorable..

actually now that i think of it, wasn't Al Porter the host? Maybe the cancellation of the show coincided with his misbehaving?

I watched the first episode and it was awful. It was very badly researched the guy who got the date was convicted of a serious assault in Australia and went on the run. He featured on the news big time over hear and a quick goggle of it would have shown what he did.
    Then all the stuff that came out about Al rally put the nail in the coffin!

• Advertisement

I MISS GOGGLEBOX!!! Irish and Uk!

Advertisement