Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

sporina wrote: »
    I MISS GOGGLEBOX!!! Irish and Uk!

Me too, was hoping it would be back next Wednesday with the return of Pat Kenny but no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Uk one is back in Feb:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sporina wrote:
    actually now that i think of it, wasn't Al Porter the host? Maybe the cancellation of the show coincided with his misbehaving?

That's exactly why it was cancelled. There's 6 episodes that will never air. My son's friend was on one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

pilly wrote: »
    That's exactly why it was cancelled. There's 6 episodes that will never air. My son's friend was on one of them.

spared your son's mate embarrassment in years to come so.. lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Is this coming back at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is this coming back at all?

Maybe in September for the Autumn.
    TV3 decided to put money into Ireland's got Talent for the Spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wicklapaul

ollaetta wrote: »
    And yet you read the Gogglebox thread. :confused:

Haha I just seen this reply now, where's gogglebox now,

wicklapaul wrote: »
    Haha I just seen this reply now, where's gogglebox now,

They announced yesterday it’s back in September actually

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wicklapaul

Maz2016 wrote: »
    They announced yesterday it’s back in September actually

I'll make sure I have my paint brushes ready.

wicklapaul wrote: »
    I'll make sure I have my paint brushes ready.

Do hun, enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

met the limerick mum Eva in co. cork over weekend - she was saying its back in Sept. Good looking woman and seemed nice - shes a bit more quiet/ shy outside of her living room but arent we all !

goochy wrote: »
    met the limerick mum Eva in co. cork over weekend - she was saying its back in Sept. Good looking woman and seemed nice - shes a bit more quiet/ shy outside of her living room but arent we all !

YAY, she’s a lovely woman as are her kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Maz2016 wrote: »
    YAY, she’s a lovely woman as are her kids
    Great family. Love their bits on Gogglebox. Them and the Cavan lads are my tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

goochy wrote: »

I'm going to ask the question we all want to know. Did you just go up and ask her or how it the meeting come about.

in the pub with my buddy who owns it and was saying to him who she was - then when she was walking past - he said that i was a big fan of hers on gogglebox !
    seen her in Youghal b4 - think she has connections with youghal - her sister lives there i think - he seemed to know of her.

as said shes a fine looking woman

Just saw on Twitter they are looking for new people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Can I ask an honest question? Would people be worried about going on gogglebox because of how viewers could berate or slag them. None of the new families/couples/friends ever come across well and some of the comments are very harsh. Must be tough being seeing horrible things written.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Can I ask an honest question? Would people be worried about going on gogglebox because of how viewers could berate or slag them. None of the new families/couples/friends ever come across well and some of the comments are very harsh. Must be tough being seeing horrible things written.

I'd actually be fairly open to do it apart from a little shyness but I always get over that. Family and friends wouldn't do it for a mixture of reason.
    I wouldn't really mind what people had to say about me I know I am a short guy, my hair is curly and mightn't look great and I have a slightly eccentric personality. It's nothing new to me.
    If you put yourself in the public eye I think you know what your signing up to now. People aren't as dozy as they were about it in the past.
    My one issue would be I'd say something that would be totally twisted by some lefty on Twitter and they'd be articles on Her.ie about me/etc saying I was this terrible person.

people who go on these shows like generally attention so unlikely to take any notice of criticism. i will excuse the Ryans and cavan lads .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

joeguevara wrote: »

People are paid peanuts to appear on it. No way would I do it.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »

To be honest some people would nearly pay to appear on TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

lertsnim wrote: »

how much are they paid out of interest? how many days a week do they record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I heard on the English one they used to get paid enough for a takeaway and a few drinks. Doubt it’s much more than 20 a day. But it’s not about the money or the fame really as you are never considered famous. It looks like a laugh with your friends or family. You never meet anyone new so it’s not like other tv shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

In the UK families are given around 1500 pounds a month.

I can't remember the exact amount but when I read an article about the UK version they got paid a lot more than just enough for a take away.

From the UK Gogglebox
    Gogglebox stars including Giles and Mary, the Malone family, and Jenny and Lee are said to be given a monthly allowance.
    On top of that, they each receive free takeaways to enjoy while tuning into the television Channel 4 has lined up for them.
    The Sun reports that each family taking part receives a monthly allowance of £1,500.
    The wage is then split amongst those in the family who contribute to the series. It is up to the families how they split the money between themselves. In order to be given their allowance, the cast are expected to sit through 12 hours of television.
    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/952293/Gogglebox-cast-salaries-revealed-Channel-4-Ellie-Warner-throwback

New series returning soon sponsored by Lidl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New series returning soon sponsored by Lidl!

Next Wednesday at 9pm TV3 / Virgin Media One

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Next Wednesday at 9pm TV3 / Virgin Media One
    Brilliant! Love it..But I always watched it on repeat on Sat night. Loved keeping it for the weekend. so hope it will be the same this year..

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    Brilliant! Love it..But I always watched it on repeat on Sat night. Loved keeping it for the weekend. so hope it will be the same this year..

It was a mid week treat for me!

Advertisement