Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The grufferty family were brilliant last night. Don't know if they have moved house though. Maybe just got a new settee!

I thought they had their house up for sale

I am so not a stalker :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I didn't think they changed their couch. I loved it last night. .

Nor do I but some people thought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

as said before met the limerick mum recently - cant really see her in same light now - while she seems nice - shes alot more reserved / quiet in real life - just thought she would be more bubbly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

goochy wrote: »
    as said before met the limerick mum recently - cant really see her in same light now - while she seems nice - shes alot more reserved / quiet in real life - just thought she would be more bubbly
    Slightly off topic but look at the Derry Girls - love the programme and hilarious! They are on Ray Darcey's new show and I have seen them interviewed before and they are terrible - no idea what to say without a script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

She's reserved and quiet when meeting a stranger. Quite common really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

do you know her ? yes it would be worst if being on the show had gone to her head and she was loud and brash. still love her so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

do you know her ? yes it would be worst if being on the show had gone to her head and she was loud and brash. still love her so

No I do not know her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

She’s obviously going to be more relaxed and bubbly in her living room with her sons!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gosh some of the programs they get them to watch for Gogglebox - that painting one and the pimple popper. I presume they get paid for it cos I wouldn't watch that kinda rubbish otherwise.

Anyone else find the 3 Louth lads a bit awkward? They were watching the program where suicide in young men was brought up and the guy in the middle said he gave up football because of depression - the two either side of him hardly said a thing and didn't know where to look. Now I don't expect them to get into a great debate about social issues but I would have liked a little discussion between the 3 of them about speaking up, tackling the stigma of mental health issues in men, how it's a problem for their generation etc and to show that young men are trying to turn things around. That clip showed to me that we are a long way off sorting out mental health issues yet.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Gosh some of the programs they get them to watch for Gogglebox - that painting one and the pimple popper. I presume they get paid for it cos I wouldn't watch that kinda rubbish otherwise.

Anyone else find the 3 Louth lads a bit awkward? They were watching the program where suicide in young men was brought up and the guy in the middle said he gave up football because of depression - the two either side of him hardly said a thing and didn't know where to look. Now I don't expect them to get into a great debate about social issues but I would have liked a little discussion between the 3 of them about speaking up, tackling the stigma of mental health issues in men, how it's a problem for their generation etc and to show that young men are trying to turn things around. That clip showed to me that we are a long way off sorting out mental health issues yet.

You probably get paid something.

I actually thought the Louth lads reaction was kind of a guys thing in general and found it believable. The program is also highly edited so they could have edited a response.

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I don't know what to say. A young man said on TV that he suffered from depression and thats not enough for you. You want a discussion about it on a programme which is light entertainment. The format of the show is brief soundbites and natural reactions from "regular people".

If you want a discussion about depression among young men, I suggest you ring Joe on 1850 715 815.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It’s true what the
    At fella from Louth said about depression, nobody can talk about it, I’ve called sick into work claiming I’ve an upset stomach when it’s not, it’s depression/anxiety and feel like I can’t say it.

I have one friend I can talk to but sometimes I still don’t think they get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This Humpty Dumpty stuff is so funny and weird.

I loved the comment about Donal Skehan coming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Roxanne is really ugly when I look at her given her carry on in Big Brother. Just a nasty bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Where is the father?

When that single mother was on all my could say was how does she dress/look after the baby with those nails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I missed it tonight as I watching DIY SOS: Grenfell so will catch up on the player on the way to work tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's a pity about the Lambert Puppet Theatre closing down. They were great tranquilowists. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

A more entertaining watch than uk googlebox which has got very tired and stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Only watched Wednesday's last night. I'm actually in danger of having to stop watching because of the girls in Cabra. They're so stupid it genuinely affects my enjoyment of the programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Only watched Wednesday's last night. I'm actually in danger of having to stop watching because of the girls in Cabra. They're so stupid it genuinely affects my enjoyment of the programme.

It's only one of them really - 2nd from the left. She absolutely does my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Synode wrote: »
    It's only one of them really - 2nd from the left. She absolutely does my head in

they think that they are funny - and are deliberately (and desperately) trying to be so.. NOT funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not all females like or watch dirty dancing

I could really understand the Louth guys reaction to Vogue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The couple sitting in front of a load of books have the most uncomfortable looking couch in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The couple sitting in front of a load of books have the most uncomfortable looking couch in the world

We were saying the exact same thing watching it tonight. :-)

The one with the strong vajj :eek: the look on Eamonn Holmes's face :p

• Advertisement

There is a program called Gogglebox Does TV3 on tonight(Thursday) at 21:00. It's something to do with them talking about programs that were on TV3 over the past 20 years!

Advertisement