Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not too keen on them so far

I sort of got used to them a bit. I got the guys reaction to the child with the spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Just watching last nights episode now. I absolutely love it. Love the Cavan twins, and the 3 lads. Enjoy the father of the Gruffertys too :)
    Great show....
    Do the two older ladies now have a Mrs Brown Tea Cosy?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

twirlagig wrote: »
    Do the two older ladies now have a Mrs Brown Tea Cosy?? :)
    I thought it was a witch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

at least they got rid of Michael D,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

goochy wrote: »
    at least they got rid of Michael D,
    I sure he'll be back. People even voted for it! ;)

• Advertisement

They might have a Peter Casey tea cosy soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

doubt it if there fans of michael D , like the country one but not Dublin one .
    i would say the house is somewhere like Carpenterstown - not the really posh part of Castleknock

goochy wrote: »
    doubt it if there fans of michael D , like the country one but not Dublin one .
    i would say the house is somewhere like Carpenterstown - not the really posh part of Castleknock

The one thing that amazes me is those who can adore Michael D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

So tv3 are like rte. Anti Peter Casey. Wtf is up with these tv stations. Peter Casey for taoiseach

So tv3 are like rte. Anti Peter Casey. Wtf is up with these tv stations. Peter Casey for taoiseach

It was fairly obvious what they were going to do.
    They aren't going risk it.
    A guy like Peter would be good on Gogglebox just to see somebody with a different point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭Odelay

A guy like Peter would be good on Gogglebox just to see somebody with a different point of view.

They were very careful about the reactions they showed. Only negative reactions shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Came here to say the exact same thing.
    Propaganda on tv3 too now. Targeting all sorts of viewers now, afraid of the "young vote" perhaps. Worrying tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Odelay wrote: »
    They were very careful about the reactions they showed. Only negative reactions shown.

Spot on

I'm surprise they didn't overly praise the people in the audience as well.

Irish version of goggle box has gone down big time now for me. At least on the UK one they are not so pcbrigade protected. Well down editing dept. You've lost a viewer. Pity I used to enjoy most of it. Dopes!

I think this week John Connors should be on The Late Late and a group of audience members should gang up on him and let the Goggleboxers react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Casey made an absolute fool of himself

Synode wrote: »

Casey made an absolute fool of himself
    Peter Casey for taoiseach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Irish version of goggle box has gone down big time now for me. At least on the UK one they are not so pcbrigade protected. Well down editing dept. You've lost a viewer. Pity I used to enjoy most of it. Dopes!

Ya funny how there wasn’t one Peter Casey supporter shown during the Peter Casey late late show. Was very supriced at the Limerick family being so against him since Limerick probably have the highest population of Travellers.

I’m sick of being censored in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

tupenny wrote: »
    Propaganda on tv3 too now. Targeting all sorts of viewers now, afraid of the "young vote" perhaps. Worrying tbh
    fin12 wrote: »
    Ya funny how there wasn’t one Peter Casey supporter shown during the Peter Casey late late show. Was very supriced at the Limerick family being so against him since Limerick probably have the highest population of Travellers.

Were y'all surprised that most people weren't impressed with Casey or what?

• Advertisement

tupenny wrote: »

Everyone I know voted for him. Hopefully now he will be the next taoiseach. At least Peter Casey isn't a " frightened little schoolboy ".

Everyone I know voted for him. Hopefully now he will be the next taoiseach. At least Peter Casey isn't a " frightened little schoolboy ".

Taoiseach, eh? How exactly would he be getting 70-ish votes in the Dail, do you reckon?

Taoiseach, eh? How exactly would he be getting 70-ish votes in the Dail, do you reckon?
    The frightened little boy who you all worship wasn't voted in by the public. Ie the people who pay tax and insurance. Also the nursing staff ( the workers been ordered not to take any time off over Christmas).

The frightened little boy who you all worship wasn't voted in by the public. Ie the people who pay tax and insurance. Also the nursing staff ( the workers been ordered not to take any time off over Christmas).

As it happens, I'm not a huge fan of Harris. He was definitely voted in by his constituents in Wicklow.

But back to my question - how do you expect that Casey is going to have 70-ish TDs voting for him when they come to choose Taoiseach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Do you remember when this thread used to be about Gogglebox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think one of the sons was for him, he mentioned how high he did in votes

Well nearly one quarter of the people who voted. Voted for Casey.
    I even no people who hated Casey and they'd have agreed he was treated terribly on The Late Late Show.
    If John Connors was on and a gang of people in the audience gangned up on him they'd be war.
    There was no comment about this.
    They only showed him when he was a bit muddled and not when he spoke a little better.
    There was a traveller lad in the audience who spoke terribly but they didn't show this.
    Even the reaction on social sort of liberal people on social media thought he was treated badly by Ryan apart from travellers and lefty RTE people.

Sorry they didn’t show any Peter Casey supporter? What can’t u understand that? The man got 23% vote for f*ck sake, he has plenty of supporters out there and I’m pretty sure there was a least one google box person who is a supporter but they made sure now to air those opinions.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think one of the sons was for him, he mentioned how high he did in votes

No he was given out about him aswell.

• Advertisement

Why can’t he get 70ish votes? Look what he’s already achieved in such a short period of time.

Advertisement