Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Well nearly one quarter of the people who voted. Voted for Casey.
    I even no people who hated Casey and they'd have agreed he was treated terribly on The Late Late Show.
    If John Connors was on and a gang of people in the audience gangned up on him they'd be war.
    There was no comment about this.
    They only showed him when he was a bit muddled and not when he spoke a little better.
    There was a traveller lad in the audience who spoke terribly but they didn't show this.
    Even the reaction on social sort of liberal people on social media thought he was treated badly by Ryan apart from travellers and lefty RTE people.
    You know the viewers get to watch the full show, right? So they saw the whole show, and that was the reactions they picked.

Perhaps there was some selective editing. Perhaps they had some pro-Casey comments that were edited. Perhaps there were some comments like this about Casey that were edited out.

Just because the content doesn't suit you personally, that doesn't mean there is a massive conspiracy against Casey.

fin12 wrote: »
    Why can’t he get 70ish votes? Look what he’s already achieved in such a short period of time.
    So which TD's or which parties do you think will support him in the vote for Taoiseach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Synode wrote: »
    Casey made an absolute fool of himself

Maybe he did but he wasnt the only one. Namely Tubs and even worse the travellers. They shouted him down and went into typical traveller agro mode. How streotypical. A PR disaster for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So which TD's or which parties do you think will support him in the vote for Taoiseach?

Independent TD’s. Sinn Fein if they are smart should ask him to join them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Surprised at the negative reactions to this week's episode. Yeah tv3 went for the PC route, but can we blame them really? They're not going to risk getting in trouble for the sake of a Gogglebox episode.

Anyway, I thought this week's one was very good, the Cabra girls reaction to the weird twins on First Dates was priceless :pac:

• Advertisement

Surprised at the negative reactions to this week's episode. Yeah tv3 went for the PC route, but can we blame them really? They're not going to risk getting in trouble for the sake of a Gogglebox episode.

Anyway, I thought this week's one was very good, the Cabra girls reaction to the weird twins on First Dates was priceless :pac:

Well why didn’t they just not show the interview at all if they aren’t going to show opinions from both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Jesus lads will ye give over and take it somewhere else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

mystic86 wrote: »
    Jesus lads will ye give over and take it somewhere else!

I think its completely right to talk about this here.

Well why didn’t they just not show the interview at all if they aren’t going to show opinions from both sides.

Maybe they didn’t get opinions from both sides? Maybe all the viewers shared similar views of Casey?

Independent TD’s. Sinn Fein if they are smart should ask him to join them.

If he got all the Independents (which he won't) and all of Sinn Fein (though he is diametrically opposed to them on most policies, based on his utterances to date), he'd have about half the number he needs. Where's the other half going to come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You know the viewers get to watch the full show, right? So they saw the whole show, and that was the reactions they picked.

Perhaps there was some selective editing. Perhaps they had some pro-Casey comments that were edited. Perhaps there were some comments like this about Casey that were edited out.

Just because the content doesn't suit you personally, that doesn't mean there is a massive conspiracy against Casey.

I just found there reactions very unrealistic.
    It's all in the editing tough and Virgin Media wouldn't have put anything negative on towards travellers similar to Ryan on The Late Late Show!

Maybe they didn’t get opinions from both sides? Maybe all the viewers shared similar views of Casey?
    And of course that just happen to be all negative, ya right..

I'm sure the Goggleboxers will be fascinated to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight is finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tonight is finale

where did you hear that? Damn it anyway, that was very short, I'm pretty sure it ran to closer to Christmas last year! Also, last time it finished before Christmas and didn't come back until September, hope we don't have to wait that long again after tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That young Tadhg lad with his granny is a right little pain in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Kenny was the star of the show tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

where did you hear that? Damn it anyway, that was very short, I'm pretty sure it ran to closer to Christmas last year! Also, last time it finished before Christmas and didn't come back until September, hope we don't have to wait that long again after tonight!

They're probably making way for I'm a Celeb, could have just put it on an hour later or something. I hate that the series doesn't film as long as the UK version though.

Very touching hearing Des's story about being attacked and feeling ashamed to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

Love the show.
    The only people who i can't stand is Angela and Eileen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

Eileen is ok , i left Dublin for cork to get away from the Angelas of this world

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

I'll miss this on Wednesday nights now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Wednesdays won’t be the same. So proud of Des, you could tell that wasn’t easy for him to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just wonder how recording of the show is organised? Are the participants given a link or a recording of the shows to watch when free time and filming crew are organised? Or are they told for example Fri night 9:30pm. It's just sometimes they seem surprised or excited they are going to watch something but if someone says Friday 9:30pm you're gonna have a fair idea it's the Late Late Show.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just wonder how recording of the show is organised? Are the participants given a link or a recording of the shows to watch when free time and filming crew are organised? Or are they told for example Fri night 9:30pm. It's just sometimes they seem surprised or excited they are going to watch something but if someone says Friday 9:30pm you're gonna have a fair idea it's the Late Late Show.
    I heard at one stage that they have to do 7 or 8 hours watching all together in one go at the weekend - must be fairly arse-numbing.

They seem to turn around the edits very quickly for broadcast, within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

I was wondering the same. They have different clothes on though. And different snacks.
    Of course that could all be staging.
    Maybe it’s 2 4 hour blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭goochy

are you sure about weekend thing ?
    i thought with some of the programmes on , they had watched shows that were on say on the Monday and Tuesday before the gogglebox box was airedon the Weds/ Thurs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looks like a few specials in the New Year, judging by listings on VM in the first week:

Gogglebox Does 80 and 90's.
    The '80s and 90s' are first up to get the Gogglebox treatment, as our families give us an exclusive romp through the archives. During their trip down memory lane, our cast get a comical reminder that Ireland was a very different place back in 1994 as some lovely ladies went head to head in the Calor Housewife of the Year competition. a steamy roll in a Wicklow hayshed gave us that lovely pang of Catholic guilt in 1998, while we also learned that Gay Byrne teaching the nation how to use a condom is just as cringey today as it was back in 1987.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

iseegirls wrote: »
    Looks like a few specials in the New Year, judging by listings on VM in the first week:

Gogglebox Does 80 and 90's.
    The '80s and 90s' are first up to get the Gogglebox treatment, as our families give us an exclusive romp through the archives. During their trip down memory lane, our cast get a comical reminder that Ireland was a very different place back in 1994 as some lovely ladies went head to head in the Calor Housewife of the Year competition. a steamy roll in a Wicklow hayshed gave us that lovely pang of Catholic guilt in 1998, while we also learned that Gay Byrne teaching the nation how to use a condom is just as cringey today as it was back in 1987.
    Yay!
    However, the one on Wednesday night looks like a repeat. They seem to have 2 specials. In this recent article, the producer said he’d be surprised if virgin didn’t go for a fifth season - so looks like it mightn’t be confirmed
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/darren-smith-the-ratings-will-decide-if-you-re-coming-back-1.3735194

• Advertisement

They've being showing an ad on Virgin for the last few days and it features Gogglebox for Spring 2019!

Advertisement