Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anybody see the program on Channel 4 about Steph and Dom's son?

I've only seen ads but they seem fairly nice on it and them trying to get help for there son who can have up to 100 seizures a day.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a26067124/steph-and-dom-cannabis-son-max-documentary-channel-4/?utm_content=buffer1fa7a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=mainfacebookpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Did anybody see the program on Channel 4 about Steph and Dom's son?

I've only seen ads but they seem fairly nice on it and them trying to get help for there son who can have up to 100 seizures a day.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a26067124/steph-and-dom-cannabis-son-max-documentary-channel-4/?utm_content=buffer1fa7a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=mainfacebookpost

I watched it , behind their brash veneer they are such lovely parents .But who struck me most was his caring , loving kind sister who was only 15 and so good with Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Acosta

It took a while to warm to it but now I firmly believe Googlebox Ireland is so much better than Gogglebox Classic/Channel 4

It feels a lot more genuine, like C4 was in the early seasons. Before they got notions and a bit of fame.

C4 feels almost scripted now in some parts and that they're not even watching the shows, just skimming through to the major parts and completely overreacting to things. Basically doing all they can to make sure they get in the edit as much as possible. The brother and sister(with the silly laugh) duo embody all that is wrong with the show now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Acosta wrote: »
    It took a while to warm to it but now I firmly believe Googlebox Ireland is so much better than Gogglebox Classic/Channel 4

It feels a lot more genuine, like C4 was in the early seasons. Before they got notions and a bit of fame.

C4 feels almost scripted now in some parts and that they're not even watching the shows, just skimming through to the major parts and completely overreacting to things. Basically doing all they can to make sure they get in the edit as much as possible. The brother and sister(with the silly laugh) duo embody all that is wrong with the show now.

If only Virgin Media would realise that, and produce more of the series. Apart from a few specials, which presumably have already been filmed, there's no guarantee of a new series yet.

iseegirls wrote: »
    If only Virgin Media would realise that, and produce more of the series. Apart from a few specials, which presumably have already been filmed, there's no guarantee of a new series yet.

Instead they are pipping money into Ireland's Got Talent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Acosta

iseegirls wrote: »

Really? Surprised to hear that. I assumed the few specials were going to lead onto a new series. I would think it's one of their highest rated shows. It's always the highest trend on twitter whenever it's on. The last series didn't seem to be very long compared to C4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

No sign of a new series?
    Current series of UK Googlebox is just awful, would much prefer to be watching the Irish version.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

I saw a Virgin One add the other day and they showed some of the Gogglebox Ireland crew.
    So hopefully there is one coming, I wouldn't imagine the show being too expensive to keep on going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

No sign of a new series?

I read on one of the casts twitter pages that it won't be back until September.

Think they have about 4 specials there were already wrapped up ages ago - that follow the same type of Best Of 80s & 90s that they've previously showed in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I don’t understand why they finished up so early this year. As someone mentioned , it shouldn’t cost too much to produce. I too watched the Ch4 one at the weekend - not half as good

Fair play to her. I like her in it. Wonder can she still take part in the show now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Fair play to her. I like her in it. Wonder can she still take part in the show now?

Surely not. I recall on the UK version the Michael family had to stop appearing on it as the father was running for ukip. They're back again as he didn't get elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

He seems like such an odd candidate for UKIP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sleepy wrote: »

I'd have thought so too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sleepy wrote: »

I can remember him being quite positive about Ukip Inrun up to Brexit and could not understand why , he is an immigrant from cypress with a gay son , most of his fellow ukip candidates would want to burn his family at a stake

Wednesday 3rd July 9PM

Gogglebox
    Craic on the Box
    Looking back at some of the most amusing moments on Gogglebox Ireland in 2018, including coverage of a donut craze in West Dublin on Virgin Media News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Jesus, you'd think this'd be cheap enough for Virgin Media to produce without need for re-cap episodes!

• Advertisement

It’s a wonder they don’t repeat old news bulletins

The lack of anything home-produced or new on the Virgin Media Channels has been alarming over the past few months - since the name change really.

take a look at the schedule this week - and see how much ITV shows are on the 3 channels. Take them away, and all you're left with is news, studio shows like 6 O'Clock Show, Elaine and Ireland AM. Virtually nothing between 7pm-11pm every night is Irish.

There making another season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Best show they have by a mile, and homegrown. Can't believe we have to wait until next year for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NoHoHank

Sparko wrote: »
    Best show they have by a mile, and homegrown. Can't believe we have to wait until next year for more.

I know one of the guys on the show and they mentioned filming starts next week, which would mean the show should be back on in the next 2 weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gidget wrote: »
    I read on one of the casts twitter pages that it won't be back until September.

Is it back soon so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NoHoHank

Second week of September!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

NoHoHank wrote: »
    Second week of September!!

where did you see that?

• Advertisement

New series starting Wednesday 11th September on VM1.

Advertisement