Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

House coat? I've literally never heard that term once before.

Same here. Maybe its a Cabra thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it maybe certain parts of Dublin. I've heard them being referred to as house coats before.

Though I'm from Dublin and always dressing gown to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Nah culchies I know in cork use the term

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nah culchies I know in cork use the term

One of the cabra girls said dressing gown must be a culchie thing. :D

One of the cabra girls said dressing gown must be a culchie thing. :D

That every shop adopts :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

harr wrote: »
    Don’t know why but not really enjoying this season just seems very forced or flat. Maybe they are all trying to hard. Loved it every other year.

One half of the lesbian couple, the one sitting on the left (I think she's Dale?) has annoyed me a bit the last couple of weeks. I feels she's kinda saying silly stuff just for a reaction now, that comment about her wee turning into an icicle was a bit stupid I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

It's a dressing gown

Mrs Grufferty is an awful minx (just me?)

Love the Cabra girls

The 2 gay lads aswell are hilarious

Cooley lads were missed this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I think it maybe certain parts of Dublin. I've heard them being referred to as house coats before.

Though I'm from Dublin and always dressing gown to me.
    They are referred to as 'morning coat' in certain parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

It always amazes me the amount of debate that goes into the correct name for a dressing gown. In the last few years I have been in the room where it is discussed at length and have no idea why it matters so much to people. Saying that I have never known anyone under the age of 70 who wears one lounging in the sitting room until I moved to dublin. Have friends in there 30s now who put one on the minute they come home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My nanny had a housecoat that she wore daily. It was not like a dressing gown which you would wear over your nightclothes before you got dressed.

The house coat was like an apron for all your clothes. Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street used to wear one.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    My nanny had a housecoat that she wore daily. It was not like a dressing gown which you would wear over your nightclothes before you got dressed.

The house coat was like an apron for all your clothes. Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street used to wear one.

That's exactly what I'd consider a housecoat, but I think they are called a pinny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

harr wrote: »
    Don’t know why but not really enjoying this season just seems very forced or flat. Maybe they are all trying to hard. Loved it every other year.

One half of the lesbian couple, the one sitting on the left (I think she's Dale?) has annoyed me a bit the last couple of weeks. I feels she's kinda saying silly stuff just for a reaction now, that comment about her wee turning into an icicle was a bit stupid I thought.
    Dont really like either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh lordie marry Twink :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oh lordie marry Twink :p

A top comment.

"You could always marry....Twink"

Fully expecting some massive name, then the killer blow.

There is a radio advert for right price tiles at the moment and I’m sure it’s one of the cast of gogglebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Did anyone see the French and Saunders skit of the Googlebox UK participants. Very good.

Surprised there were so few posts about last weeks episode, thought it was one of the better ones of the series. Fascinating to see some of the ladies talking so openly about having post-natal depression, particularly Ettie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

gidget wrote: »
    Did anyone see the French and Saunders skit of the Googlebox UK participants. Very good.

Yes, I saw this. It's very good. I'd love if they did more of the characters too. :D

Surprised there were so few posts about last weeks episode, thought it was one of the better ones of the series. Fascinating to see some of the ladies talking so openly about having post-natal depression, particularly Ettie.

I think that was in conjunction with mental health week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I love this show, can’t watch the English one anymore since this came on air. I love the granny and grandson, they are so funny. So funny when the young fella trying to explain to granny what meeting was; you were the meeting the face of your wan lol �� ��

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    I love this show, can’t watch the English one anymore since this came on air. I love the granny and grandson, they are so funny. So funny when the young fella trying to explain to granny what meeting was; you were the meeting the face of your wan lol �� ��

I think they both have their good points, and I’m also watching the Australian version

I love them both also,Tadgh and Ettie are my favourites on the Irish one and I love Jenny and Lee,Gyles and Mary,also Gary and Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Dont really like either of them.

Yeah they are not funny at all and things they say are not related to anything . It’s like they are trying too hard to be funny but it’s coming out wrong for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yeah they are not funny at all and things they say are not related to anything . It’s like they are trying too hard to be funny but it’s coming out wrong for them.
    I get the feeling some of this 'trying too hard' stuff for them and other participations on Ireland and UK shows are scripted, or at least, ideas 'planted' by producers to give them some usable material.

I get the feeling some of this 'trying too hard' stuff for them and other participations on Ireland and UK shows are scripted, or at least, ideas 'planted' by producers to give them some usable material.

Yeah true. It is scripted, however the rest of the pairings and groups are capable of making use of “the planted ideas” they, however, are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    It's a dressing gown

Mrs Grufferty is an awful minx (just me?)

Love the Cabra girls

The 2 gay lads aswell are hilarious

Cooley lads were missed this week

Are the Cooley 3 lads gone completely?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are the Cooley 3 lads gone completely?
    I hope not. Maybe they will be on it this week. Fingers crossed. Seems they have too many new ones now, the ones we love are getting limited screen time. Love watching people watch telly.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ah that's nice, good for them :)

On a sad note, tomorrow's is the final episode of the series :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ah that's nice, good for them :)

On a sad note, tomorrow's is the final episode of the series :(

They should have made a few more episodes of this instead of Darklands!

Advertisement