Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Acosta wrote: »
    It's the only thing worth watching on VM. It's much better and genuine than classic Gogglebox on Channel 4, yet in comparison the seasons are so short and there's huge gaps between series. I do wonder why this is the case.

VM are cheap and want to spend as little as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

lertsnim wrote: »
    VM are cheap and want to spend as little as possible.

Gogglebox is a cheap enough show to produce tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not as cheap as showing repeats of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

New series looks to be starting on Wednesday.
    UK one back next Friday too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

batistuta9 wrote: »

Saw that aswell, some new families too although they usually come later in the series. I’ve missed gogglebox Ireland. The U.K. one is ok , I prefer their celebrity one over the civilian one

• Advertisement

Gogglebox is a cheap enough show to produce tough.

I can't think of a cheaper programme to make. In fact I'd wager an entire season of Gogglebox costs less than a single episode of the Ray Darcy show or Liveline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I can't think of a cheaper programme to make. In fact I'd wager an entire season of Gogglebox costs less than a single episode of the Ray Darcy show or Liveline.

I'd say the likes of you've been framed is up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I thought the same crowd behind the Royale Family were behind gogglebox at one time, because after Caroline Ahern [RIP] stopped narrating it her co--star Craig Cash from that series took over. Apparently he only did so because she asked him personally to take over when her voice went though

I watch both the Irish and UK versions, started watching just to have something to watch with my partner but she gave up on it after the earlier seasons and my daughter kinda took over. Now it's our regular Autumn/winter wed/fri night thing, only thing we really watch together [besides Master chef US when it's on or Masters of photography] so I kept going. One of the Irish families lives just up the road from us, the Adenugas, their son was in my younger daughter's class. We met them a few times at school plays etc ... and my older daughter who's a fan of the show was a bit star struck lol ... even though they are families just like any of us, the fact she'd watched them for so long on TV made them 'celebs' :D They're not in it anymore I don't think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

batistuta9 wrote: »

It is back tonight with new family from Kilkenny

9pm tonight, I'll be recording so I can Ffwd the adverts as per usual

• Advertisement

I associate Gogglebox Ireland with wet wintry weather outside, not flipping 17 degrees outside.

Everyone has had their living rooms upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Awkward watching the sex scene in the deceived with your parent/parents....

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

a lot of new faces this season.....not sure about them yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

God some of these new people are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

the dublin accent on the african girl with the irish boyfriend is soo wrong..... its hard to listen too.

the dublin accent on the african girl with the irish boyfriend is soo wrong..... its hard to listen too.

There are black people in Dublin with Dublin accents. Aside from it being a Dublin accent what makes it hard to listen to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Enjoyable first episode back. As is usually the case, it'll take a few episodes for any new faces to settle in so let's give them a chance.

Line of the night had to be "d'you ever sit on your hand and make it go numb?" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why ? I am lost ?? The girl is Irish ?

Did they all get new couches ?

She's not African, she's from Tallaght, she is in fact Irish

It served as yet another reminder to me how much I hate RTE - when introducing the Late, Late they refer to Tubridy as "a national treasure" :rolleyes:

As to the new families, would have to give them a chance, but they didn't stand out. I still like the 2 lads living with their mam, she's gas - the older Dub ladies can be comical too and the Cavan lads. The rest ... meh, couldn't care if they replaced them all

UK one Friday at 9pm, guessing those who watch this possibly watch that too

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did they all get new couches ?

Nevermind couches, I think some one of the girls in Cabra got a conservatory. They went from a side room to this huge extended lounge with bright lighting.

But yeah, they all seem to have taken advantage of the Harvey Norman couch sale.

Nevermind couches, I think some one of the girls in Cabra got a conservatory. They went from a side room to this huge extended lounge with bright lighting.

But yeah, they all seem to have taken advantage of the Harvey Norman couch sale.

Its actually really hard to see them they are so far apart !

They also bought the ugliest carpet imaginable :D

We were sofa spotting here too, think only the family from Athy kept theirs but it was new last season [and probably the nicest on show tonight]

UK one Friday at 9pm, guessing those who watch this possibly watch that too

I never got into the UK one. For me, the Irish one is just so Irish. Maybe its the different accents that you can place and relate to.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its actually really hard to see them they are so far apart !

They were miles from each other. I was expecting a Jumbo jet to land in between them! Advertised social distancing perhaps? But if thats the case, was it really in one of their homes? If not, it loses the genuine aspect and attraction of the show.

I never got into the UK one. For me, the Irish one is just so Irish. Maybe its the different accents that you can place and relate to.

I was watching the UK one from the off so got to know the families on there
    3 seasons before the Irish one. They have their fair share of numpty families I can tell ya. But they do have a few funny feckers too.

Some of the original popular ones left over the years to do reality Tv or chat shows [Scarlett Moffat for example] and one of the older couples, June and Leon Bernicoff, sadly both passed away

I enjoyed it tonight, I miss Tadgh and nana though, find Aine and her mam a bit boring tbh.

I enjoyed it tonight, I miss Tadgh and nana though, find Aine and her mam a bit boring tbh.

Tadgh and Nana was missed alright.

I love Aine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Tadgh and Nana was missed alright.

I love Aine though.

Liked Aine myself...so does her kids..hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was watching the UK one from the off so got to know the families on there
    3 seasons before the Irish one. They have their fair share of numpty families I can tell ya. But they do have a few funny feckers too.

Some of the original popular ones left over the years to do reality Tv or chat shows [Scarlett Moffat for example] and one of the older couples, June and Leon Bernicoff, sadly both passed away

The Father in the Malone family is hilarious, sarcastic f##k....

Advertisement