Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The gay lad and his friend from Dublin are standing out ,they are both fairly witty and interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

the white guy in his underpants and his friends are very dull he is trying to save it but no humour whatsoever irish humour is very special and the irony is often lost on other nationalities.

They're all Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

cute geoge wrote: »
    The gay lad and his friend from Dublin are standing out ,they are both fairly witty and interesting

I didn't like them in previous seasons but in the current line up they are one of the better households, the mother and 2 sons are also usually decent enough and the twins [not been as funny in recent eps] - the rest could all be replaced for next week and I wouldn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cumin, curry powder, tomatoe puree and mango chutney in a lamb 'stew'... dress it up whatever way you like Ms. Berry that's a curry! :eek:

Was there butternut squash or sweet potatoe too?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think it’s a recipe she tried to make cool in the last few years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Sweet potato

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

it was more like a lamb tagine crossed with an irish stew. A morroccan / irish cuisine to fit in with our new 'diverse' irish population. A 'woke' stew for a new generation of wokies who need spices of colour in everything even the humble chip is now a spice bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

The two sets of Dublin women aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Really don’t like that one who said ur one must be a psychopath cause she’s single. She’s pure ignorant and I’m pretty sure one if not 2 of the girls she does gogglebox with are single.

yes this couple have no humour and are very dated for some reason, the young people and their parents have great humour as do the twins and the cabras but the white guy in his underpants and his friends are very dull he is trying to save it but no humour whatsoever irish humour is very special and the irony is often lost on other nationalities.

We should get a fund me page for him to buy a pants. It’s actually gross, can he not keep his legs together bad enough his wearing an underpants on tv.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where i can watch the cricket player documentary online? Can’t watch bbc online.

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can watch the cricket player documentary online? Can’t watch bbc online.

Give this a go!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7wjxkw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Loving the regulars like John and David - really like them.
    Love The McGuffertys, the Limerick Ryans, Dawn and Dale, the Cabra women, the Ardara women. I'm just not enjoying the new Lucan crowd or the Galway couple. The Garda and his family are a bit of craic. They could settle in to it yet.

The Cabra women obviously have to Covid rotate but they are still good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cute geoge wrote: »

TBF I thought the Johns were always witty and funny

jos28 wrote: »
    Loving the regulars like John and David - really like them.
    Love The McGuffertys, the Limerick Ryans, Dawn and Dale, the Cabra women, the Ardara women. I'm just not enjoying the new Lucan crowd or the Galway couple. The Garda and his family are a bit of craic. They could settle in to it yet.

The Cabra women obviously have to Covid rotate but they are still good fun.

Totally agree with you, there's something strange about that new couple, I get the feeling she's definitely the boss in that house, the new group add absolutely nothing, I really miss Tadgh and granny.

Totally agree with you, there's something strange about that new couple, I get the feeling she's definitely the boss in that house, the new group add absolutely nothing, I really miss Tadgh and granny.

Ya, that sounds right.
    I’d know of couples very similar to them. He’d be a big GAA fella and she’d be the boss. I couldn’t say I’d relate to them but I’d say more realistic from people I know.

Thanks a million for that Freshpopcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Dale & Dawn are both managers in Penney’s in Cork and every time I see them in there I forget where I recognise them from and say hello to them as if they’re old friends, they must think I’m a right weirdo but I’d say it happens them a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Not too sure about the kilkenny family, bit forced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Really not liking the Galway couple or the new Dublin crowd. Just not funny. The Cabra girls are not as good either this season. John and Dave and the Ryan family are the best. Really miss Tadgh and his granny Ettie and the 3 lads from the cooley peninsula, they were great.

This season is a bit disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah it's been a bit flat so far. It's been humorous without being outright funny, like I haven't laughed out loud at anything. The Cabra girls need all four of them to bounce off each other.

I don't think Dale is particularly funny any more, she's trying too hard nowadays. The black Mallow family add nothing to the show.

The GAA player and his partner aren't much good either, as others said that toothbrush argument was very forced. Any other newer additions I'm willing to give them a bit more time.

Really like the two gay guys though, and the Limerick family (mother and two sons). Sorry I don't know any of their names :D Like the two old women from Donegal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Enjoying it as usual and it's still much better than Gogglebox Classic. Solid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

like the cavan twins

the gay couple in dublin

used to like the three guys in co louth

two ladies in the liberties are good craic too

the cabra women are incredibly annoying , especially the hefty one with the specs , pure vicki pollard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've only just found this thread and given its UK, it's off topic, but has anyone ever got a massive bang of incest off the Leeds brother and sister combo? The other half just laughs when it areives, but literally every single episode a sexually related joke (or multiple) arrives between the two? A brother and sister! Even when I type she's talking about "smashing in back doors"

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

I could be wrong, but I think the dad of the Kilkenny family is a Garda. He definitely doesn't mention it every episode.

I could be wrong, but I think the dad of the Kilkenny family is a Garda. He definitely doesn't mention it every episode.

Iirc he's only mentioned it the once, when they were discussing the domestic violence episode of Eastenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

spurious wrote: »
    As far as I can see, every man under 30 is wearing shorts on Gogglebox. Not sure why the guy in Lucan is your target.

Agreed. Wonder why he's been singled out....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Iirc he's only mentioned it the once, when they were discussing the domestic violence episode of Eastenders.

Twice in two weeks. Don't know the ins and outs of the guards both was surprised a smallish town Garda was allowed to share any stories like those, never mind on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

Good points, do Gogglebox participants get paid? I remember the real life Garda from love hate (Kieran o Reilly) got in trouble for being involved in the show. Maybe it doesn't apply if they're retired.

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Twice in two weeks. Don't know the ins and outs of the guards both was surprised a smallish town Garda was allowed to share any stories like those, never mind on TV

What was the other mention?

Advertisement