Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Back in July I think they said they were looking for front line workers and I suppose that’s why they might have been selected.
    I’d say he’s close enough to retirement tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I've only just found this thread and given its UK, it's off topic, but has anyone ever got a massive bang of incest off the Leeds brother and sister combo? The other half just laughs when it areives, but literally every single episode a sexually related joke (or multiple) arrives between the two? A brother and sister! Even when I type she's talking about "smashing in back doors"

I watch the UK one also [it's better than the Irish one tbh] and yup, they always gave me that weird impression, I did actually think they were a couple at start - then noticed they look alike - they do get a bit close for comfort in their discussions at times

As for the Irish one, I see a lot of people missing 'Tadgh and granny' - personally I found them highly irritating, he's like an over grown toddler and isn't very funny, Gran is ok but she's little to work with IMO. The Cabra girls always did my head in, one of them is kinda funny [the sarcastic one with glasses] but the others ... none of the new families are in any way interesting. Must have been a small pool of applications

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What was the other mention?

Being told to check pubs in the area back in the day because Paul McGrath may be on the sesh in one. A little more innocent than the first story which could easily be narrowed down to a few local couples. Still though, not sure it's something that can should be shared without consent, or something Guards should be admitting to spending time on back in the day considering it wasn't their remit or in law

Being told to check pubs in the area back in the day because Paul McGrath may be on the sesh in one. A little more innocent than the first story which could easily be narrowed down to a few local couples. Still though, not sure it's something that can should be shared without consent, or something Guards should be admitting to spending time on back in the day considering it wasn't their remit or in law

I've watched every episode, and do remember him mentioning he was an ex-cop, but don't remember that story - must have been fairly insignificant if a regular viewer can't recall. Either way, unless he actually gives names or addresses, then it's just merely a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm fairly sure he said the incident with the couple took place when he was stationed in Dublin and not Kilkenny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've watched every episode, and do remember him mentioning he was an ex-cop, but don't remember that story - must have been fairly insignificant if a regular viewer can't recall. Either way, unless he actually gives names or addresses, then it's just merely a story.

Well he gave the name Paul McGrath? The other was a domestic abuse story where week after week he begged the wife to report the abuser but she kept pressing no charges. They're interesting stories tbf and I don't mind that he's told them, just surprised that he has

Well he gave the name Paul McGrath? The other was a domestic abuse story where week after week he begged the wife to report the abuser but she kept pressing no charges. They're interesting stories tbf and I don't mind that he's told them, just surprised that he has

He didn't actually give the name, they were watching a program featuring Mcgrath. He just shared a related story to what they were watching - don't see any harm in that. As for the other story - touchy subject for sure but again, he never mentioned names or any other specifics. I'm not defending him by any means, I find that family boring tbh, but I don't think he's crossed any line is all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I've only just found this thread and given its UK, it's off topic, but has anyone ever got a massive bang of incest off the Leeds brother and sister combo? The other half just laughs when it areives, but literally every single episode a sexually related joke (or multiple) arrives between the two? A brother and sister! Even when I type she's talking about "smashing in back doors"

Who are you referring to here? Is it Jenny & Lee?

from Hull, who aren't even related & Lee is gay

S12E09-Jenny-and-Lee-Killing-Eve.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Who are you referring to here? Is it Jenny & Lee?

from Hull, who aren't even related & Lee is gay

S12E09-Jenny-and-Lee-Killing-Eve.gif

:pac:

No Pete and his little sister Sophie.

I've said it before here, they have a very strange dynamic for siblings.

Though they can be funny, but still weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd doubt it's incest tbh but who knows.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Thought they meant J & L as they're always at innuendos, etc.

I don't know if it's strange, maybe some of the chat for brother & sister. she's a bit ladish though, so that might be it.

Pete has a pretty hot gf, doesn't stop the weird vibe between him and his sister though. I think you're right though, if it was two brothers talking the same we wouldn't think it as odd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Thought they meant J & L as they're always at innuendos, etc.

I don't know if it's strange, maybe some of the chat for brother & sister. she's a bit ladish though, so that might be it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8803739/Gogglebox-Pete-Sandiford-mocked-cruel-trolls-shares-snap-girlfriend-Paige.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Dale & Dawn are both managers in Penney’s in Cork and every time I see them in there I forget where I recognise them from and say hello to them as if they’re old friends, they must think I’m a right weirdo but I’d say it happens them a lot :pac:

Do they still work in Penneys?

My mam went up to one of them there last year, I was scarleh but she was nice and they talked away about the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

My mam went up to one of them there last year, I was scarleh but she was nice and they talked away about the show

I def saw one of them in Patrick street one only a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sophie thinks her brother is absolutely hilarious no matter what he says.
    Pete think he is hilarious mocking others . I don’t like either of them for their mocking tone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Pete think he is hilarious mocking others . I don’t like either of them for their mocking tone

I'm not a violent man, but I do get the overwhelming urge to punch the little git in the face every time he opens his mouth. He tries waaaaaaaaaay too hard.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

They do giggle at the stupidest things, I've never found them amusing in the slightest and they get way too much screen time for my liking. In saying that, there has been much more annoying families/couples on the UK GB - that Vicar and her husband, or the little guy with the squeaky voice who ended up in jail for domestic abuse I believe [his mam and dad are still on it and still irritating] or that family who all seemed to be over weight and were really mouthy - I'd take the twins over any of those

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Both still in Penney’s in town as of a few weeks ago anyway. I think Dawn had been working in the Wilton branch but she was moved to town so that if one of them got coronavirus they wouldn’t spread it into the other store and vice verse, seeing as they live together.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Father of Kilkenny family worried his son will go on a reality show as his entire family appears on one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That Trump segment was very badly edited
    Very anti-Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now lads check your balls you could have raisins :pac: serious subject but funny tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

the balls segment i am cracking up soo funny !! the two lads are the winners this year.

Yes the trump clip was over edited in a biased way what do you expect from main stream media !! lefty liberal trite lovers of the woke culture of california........

Very anti-Trump

its an irish channel what do you expect. They did the same when they had a segment on Peter Casey.

I swear this country is actually becoming like north korea.

To be fair, if Sophie was my sister...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That blondie one with her mother is kinda hot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Very anti-Trump

As is every single show on tv3. Elaine show. Morning am show. And 6 o clock show. Getting pretty sad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    its an irish channel what do you expect. They did the same when they had a segment on Peter Casey.

I swear this country is actually becoming like north korea.

I really hoped Peter Casey was going to win. He would have made an amazing president.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Now lads check your balls you could have raisins :pac: serious subject but funny tonight

Mine are purple
    Or is it blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

The cheering (with arms in the air) when they heard about trump contacting the virus was in very bad taste.

Advertisement