Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

The Pauls are pointless. And I really cringed when the Paul on the right put the cushion over his crotch when they were showing the Braveheart mooning scene.
    Can't stand the family from Blessington.
    Liking the Limerick family. They seem like good craic.
    I like the twins but think they're really playing to the camera, especially the guy on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Its woeful, can't bear to look at that over animated creep that is Paul 2. And those 4 wine swilling girls, they are just retards. There's no middle ground here, either total bores or over acting camera whores. Not one genuinely funny person on it. Even the novelty of the Cavan twins from episode one has woren thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KyranW wrote: »
    I know him, he's the biggest waster to have walked this earth. He has never worked a day in his life so I guess he has to spend all his energy on the show.

The young lad that sits on the couch from Limerick is good, very funny.

Was tonight the first time the Limerick Ryan fella with the wild hair spoke "it's a titty"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Am a massive fan of the UK version. Not really feeling the Irish one. But I'll give it time. A lot of the viewers come across as a bit self conscious, as if they are trying to hard.....especially all the Dublin 'wans. But I suppose that's only natural. I'm only a recent watcher of the UK show, but I'd say it took them all a while, to come across as natural as they all do. Think the voice overs are very dull. They don't have the same comic edge that Caroline (RIP, God bless her) and Craig do.

I also think that what is making it so dull, is that for now, they are all focusing on the telly programs and not each other. Gogglebox UK is at its funniest, when the families are all slagging each other off, June is nagging poor aul Leon again, Bev is bitching at Dom etc etc and the telly programs they are watching, are almost incidental. It will take a while before the Irish viewers will be comfortable enough to do that, in front of telly cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

sporina wrote: »
    i don't get the love for the twins.. the guy on the left is totally acting..

what am i missing??

i think the the cabra girls are funny..

The father from Athy is totally OTT..

The Pauls need to go for sure..

The Cabra girl second seemed to have her eyes closed all the time.
    I wasn't sure if my tv box had glitched at first .
    I love the two older lady's in Castleknock and the women with the two sons.

I can't believe the amount people eat in one go on this and UK show.

I thought it was ok and if didn't I will just not watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

sporina wrote: »
    i'm not sure if you can say that there..:(

Yeah, I'm a bit shocked someone would post what they did.

Wow I'm normally one to call TV 3 out for insulting my intelligence but even I got a chuckle out of this tonight. DISCLOSURE I've had a beer :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Sam Hain wrote: »
    There's no middle ground here, either total bores or over acting camera whores. Not one genuinely funny person on it.

This would be my thoughts on it also.
    Weak sauce, this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Pretty boring overall. probably because of the TV shows they are forced to watch.
    And while the African family seen like a genuinely nice family, I wish they had a cream, or at least a brighter coloured sofa, its hard to see them sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Pretty boring overall. probably because of the TV shows they are forced to watch.
    And while the African family seen like a genuinely nice family, I wish they had a cream, or at least a brighter coloured sofa, its hard to see them sometimes.

I don't get it, the entire back rest up of their sofa is white/cream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I don't get it, the entire back rest up of their sofa is white/cream?

Your'e right, just watched a bit of on IPlayer, and they have now got a white throw on the sofa backs.

M

I'd love to watch series 1 of Gogglebox UK to compare how it went down. I think the main thing the Irish version is missing is a boozing well to do couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Surprised at the strong negative response on here. Watched this with my housemates earlier and we were howling at parts of it. The Ryans in Limerick, Castleknock women, the Adenugas and the Athy Family are definitely the most interesting. Agree with people saying to get rid of the 2 Pauly although I suppose they need some Cork representation. Second episode was definitely much better than the first, I think they are all starting to loosen up and get a bit more natural in front of the cameras. This is a good adaption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd love to watch series 1 of Gogglebox UK to compare how it went down. I think the main thing the Irish version is missing is a boozing well to do couple.

Ive seen snippets of the UK version and caight bit of a replay of the Irish one tonight.

That boozing well to do couple are feckin gas. I thought there was definitely a gap in the Irish show, lots of Ireland unrepresented.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I hope they watch Fair City at some stage, The strictly come dancing has been done to death on the UK version I don't want to hear anyone any-more doing the theme song to Strictly ok we get it , it's catchy move on, Hope they take the piss out of the Late Late or the Ray Darcy Show they should do Ireland AM too, Vincent Brown , TG4 Ros Na Rún In fairness there's plenty of Irish televison material that would make interesting viewing they should keep the uk tv to a minimum.

M

They do need to cover Fair City. Other big mentions would be Late Late Show and D'Arcy Show, biggest viewing figures of a typical week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was tonight the first time the Limerick Ryan fella with the wild hair spoke "it's a titty"

He said a small bit last week, though Jay was the best character on the UK one at one stage and he never spoke. sadly he got the Spanish archer off the girl and hasn't been seen since

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Surprised at the strong negative response on here. Watched this with my housemates earlier and we were howling at parts of it. The Ryans in Limerick, Castleknock women, the Adenugas and the Athy Family are definitely the most interesting. Agree with people saying to get rid of the 2 Pauly although I suppose they need some Cork representation. Second episode was definitely much better than the first, I think they are all starting to loosen up and get a bit more natural in front of the cameras. This is a good adaption.

Are ye a pack of dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It's boring. My missus would watch any old ****e and she turned it off half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

it is as dry as sh#t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cdosrun wrote: »
    Ok, so I guess you won't watch again or post in the tread.

You are half right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Love the UK one and watched it last night. We had recorded the Irish one so watched it straight after. It was exactly the same programmes they were reviewing apart from the ploughing stuff. Surely there were other programmes on over the week or is my telly different!!! 😊😊

Someone got a hair cut

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It has been really good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Not one bit humorous or interesting. The U.K. show is miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is that a new duo on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You could have a mansion in the countryside for the price of a small house in Dublin.
    Not sure about a house in Cavan though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jaysus the Cavan lads aren't doing the stereotypes any favours! :p

Autosport wrote: »
    Is that a new duo on tonight?

Yes with very colourful shirts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

YES! Haven't seen the UK one in a few years and forgot those two, f*cking gas combo altogether. :p

Advertisement