Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

I love the black family in this, the mother seems like such a joy to be around !!!!!! She has a really infectious personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

As I currently have no tv mid week only catching up on this now. Fortunately D'Arcy sets me free every time. :D I'm really liking this show, it's a matter of getting more familiar with the families and as many of them forget the camera more they become more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm really enjoying this. Bless the lad crying watching "my wig and me' ...and the dad of the black family was clearly moved also.
    I love the Cavan twins' banter 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

New family from Galway in it this week.

Think the producers are probably taking a look at everyone before settling on a regular line-up and ditching the ones that aren't working (two Paul's I'm looking at ye).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

i like the limerick family best so far..

not mad about the Cavan lads - I find the guy to the left annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm loving it tonight :)

New family in it tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

sporina wrote: »
    i like the limerick family best so far..

not mad about the Cavan lads - I find the guy to the left annoying

The Cavan lads switched seats tonight so you mean the shorter lad I think but I like them.

For me it felt just like watching the UK one tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Think the producers are probably taking a look at everyone before settling on a regular line-up and ditching the ones that aren't working (two Paul's I'm looking at ye).

The dad seemed a bit of craic, did the mother even speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

Autosport wrote: »
    New family in it tonight :)

Yeah a few have been added since the start so I expect a clear out soon.
    The two Pauls at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Eric Can

I like the show. Starting to get to know the people a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Has your man from Mrs Brown ever narrated before? I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ann22 wrote: »
    Has your man from Mrs Brown ever narrated before? I can't remember.

I don't know but he kept giving me a fright almost, his accent/tone is really strange when speaking slowly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The dad seemed a bit of craic, did the mother even speak

Nurse Maloney of Killinasully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn't be a massive fan of Deirdre O' Kane but I much prefer her narrating than Rory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

to many city slickers on this. most recent episode showed mostly these and it was boring. this is a rural country populated with characters yet the producers show us 4 nice dubs who like wine and their phones no doubt. should be better than this week showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I wouldn't be a massive fan of Deirdre O' Kane but I much prefer her narrating than Rory!

Yeah don't think he suits it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Seem like the sorta people I'd avoid, the daughter on the right is an ignorant wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I love the twins in cavan. Especially their amazing couch. Also the 2 women in liberties who are best friends. Not really pushed on the rest of the families. The people I mentioned seem to be genuinely interested in the tv programmes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

to many city slickers on this. most recent episode showed mostly these and it was boring. this is a rural country populated with characters yet the producers show us 4 nice dubs who like wine and their phones no doubt. should be better than this week showed.

at least 2.5 million people live in cities in IRELAND ,so i don't know what country youre talking about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I love the twins in cavan. Especially their amazing couch. Also the 2 women in liberties who are best friends. Not really pushed on the rest of the families. The people I mentioned seem to be genuinely interested in the tv programmes.

Same here. The twins are gas characters. The Adenugas are a lovely family, so happy and full of joy in contrast to the moody teen in the Ryans house. I think the Gruffertys are okay (I like the shi7e dad jokes).

Not sure what the Naughton family, the Ryans, the 2 gays, the Pauls, the Tallaght girls, the 2 poles, the 2 Castleknock grannies add to the show. I haven't a clue why they added the Galway family either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Oops69 wrote: »
    at least 2.5 million people live in cities in IRELAND ,so i don't know what country youre talking about ?

and you wont ever know either I expect!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

That 'Sister Act' scene with the child referring to the apostles as George, Paul, John and Ringo reminds me of when my child was preparing for First Holy Communion. The priest asked the children what were Jesus's 12 followers called.....one kid enthusiastically replied - Jesus and the seven dwarfs :D

It wasn't my kid lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Autosport wrote: »

Me too except Rory narrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Heavens
    They should put that lot watching the walking dead series 7 episode one..,

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Me too except Rory narrating

Ah no I like Rory, much prefer him over Deidre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

like the limerick family best..

i don't get why the cavan twins are so popular - they are totally putting it on - "i love cavan" tshirt... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Theresa looks older than 66 :eek:

Edit: But she is cool and has loads of life left in her.

• Advertisement

Would you marry a stranger :D

Mad as a box of spiders :D:D

Advertisement