Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha Fairly ****ty... .

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

My first time watching it, didn't think I'd like it but really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm in bits watching the coverage of 'Stand Up To Cancer' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sad now :(

Nathan Carter, so gorgeous......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The randy women for Joe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Its so ****, the majority of the people on it are piss poor and boring. It seems so forced and fake. Anyone who praises this show is sadly deluded about its quality. The British version is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Sam Hain wrote:
    Its so ****, the majority of the people on it are piss poor and boring. It seems so forced and fake. Anyone who praises this show is sadly deluded about its quality. The British version is far superior.

Are we allowed to watch it so or what?

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Are we allowed to watch it so or what?

By all means wallow in the mundane if you must.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sam Hain wrote: »
    The English wasn't exactly brilliant straight away. Even now, there are some dodgy people on it, the worst being the two auld wans. At least the two auld wans on the Irish version aren't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

They should be made watch only RTE and show it up for the farce it is.

Making them watch superior foreign shows is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Poor show tonight. Two of the programmes had already been covered by last week's UK Gogglebox, so what's the point of showing them on Irish Gogglebox considering there must be a high proportion of Irish audiences who watch the UK version as well? (and especially the Stand Up to Cancer segment which was harrowing enough to watch the first time around).

I'm half expecting next week's Irish show to feature them watching Gogglebox on Channel 4 on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I love the twins in cavan. Especially their amazing couch. Also the 2 women in liberties who are best friends. Not really pushed on the rest of the families. The people I mentioned seem to be genuinely interested in the tv programmes.

Limerick family are funny the 2 boys and the maa and the aul one that sounds like Bosco too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Poor show tonight. Two of the programmes had already been covered by last week's UK Gogglebox, so what's the point of showing them on Irish Gogglebox considering there must be a high proportion of Irish audiences who watch the UK version as well? (and especially the Stand Up to Cancer segment which was harrowing enough to watch the first time around).

I'm half expecting next week's Irish show to feature them watching Gogglebox on Channel 4 on Friday night.

Why shouldn't they cover shows that Irish people watched? There is always going to be a time where they will be watching the same shows especially for events like SUTC. The show gets a third of the audience on C4 compared to TV3, and I didn't see the UK one last week as it was split up in several parts last Friday - and ruined it with celebs watching.

I don't understand why they were showed watching Emmerdale and not Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Two of the programmes had already been covered by last week's UK Gogglebox, so what's the point of showing them on Irish Gogglebox considering there must be a high proportion of Irish audiences who watch the UK version as well?

You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't watch C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

fin12 wrote: »

Emmerdale had a massive stunt in the show, and was a huge talking point. Emmerdale has a big fanbase in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Because where they can promote tv3 programmes over rte, they will

anna080 wrote: »
    Because where they can promote tv3 programmes over rte, they will

But Emmerdale is shown on utv Ireland. I just think they should show more Irish shows

But Emmerdale is shown on utv Ireland. I just think they should show more Irish shows

And UTV Ireland is currently being bought by the same people that own TV3, Liberty Global. Who also own the sponsor for Gogglebox Ireland, Virgin Media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Limerick mammy reminds me of journalist turned politician turned political advisor Carol Hunt.

I prefer Rory commentating than Deidre

The Limerick mammy reminds me of journalist turned politician turned political advisor Carol Hunt.

Thats a great call, she actually does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

Autosport wrote: »
    I prefer Rory commentating than Deidre

He seems to be having trouble trying to us his notator voice rather his flamboyant gay voice.
    The lad in Portablo said about a lad on TV his a ride.
    If he said that about a girl...?

I'm enjoying this tonight, I've never watched irelands fittest families

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I think the problem is that most Irish people watch much more UK TV than Irish TV. Certainly I do. Must be about 90/10 to UK TV for me. I usually watch RTE for news and current affairs, not much else. And Gogglebox Ireland of course :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this tonight, I've never watched irelands fittest families

Do you watch Gogglebox just to watch snippets of TV shows?

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Do you watch Gogglebox just to watch snippets of TV shows?

No I watch it to see the different families/people. I was only saying I hadn't watched irelands fittest family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Freddie Kruger is just a bad version of Stephen Spielbergs Poltergeist. Can see why I never watched it. It's about as scary as a notice from post office to pay your TV licence.

• Advertisement

learn_more wrote: »
    I think the problem is that most Irish people watch much more UK TV than Irish TV. Certainly I do. Must be about 90/10 to UK TV for me. I usually watch RTE for news and current affairs, not much else. And Gogglebox Ireland of course :)

Television ratings show more watch Irish television.

Advertisement