Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunt bike wheels

Options
  • 19-09-2016 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anybody got any experience with these wheels by any chance? Not an awful lot in terms of reviews about on them but the few I found seem positive..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Guy in my club has disc Hunt wheels on a gravel bike. He's delighted with them. I tried the bike and they feel light.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

Thanks. Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have a set of "MASON x HUNT 4Season Disc Road (Shimano> 9/10/11 Speed) wheels" as they were named on the order.

I never rode them as I found the tubeless-compatible design made it difficult to fit tubes.

It's possible I was doing it wrong, but I'd recommend if you buy then you run them tubeless. Or maybe just use high volume tyres e.g. CX which are easier to fit.
    outfox wrote: »
    Guy in my club has disc Hunt wheels on a gravel bike. He's delighted with them. I tried the bike and they feel light.

Do you know whether he's running them tubeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Lumen, I don't know if he's running them tubeless. Knowing him, I doubt it. He has fairly large tyres on the wheels, something like 32 or 35 mm IIRC. As you suggest, maybe this helps.

Advertisement