Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with finding hybrid alarm

Options
  • 19-09-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

hi, we have an old alarm with a bad zone and no wires to 2 accessible windows and I would like to replace it with a hybrid alarm. I like the Honeywell evohome system http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome-security but it is all wireless. I would like a system that can be managed through an app on the phone or tablet, use rfid tags or key fobs for access and allows for wired and wireless sensors.
    I also would not be interested in gsm and don't think there is a phone line close to the current box, so would need to have alerts sent over Ethernet or wifi.

thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The GSD i70 or GSD i1070 will do everything you are looking for there.
    It has free apps and free usage as well as 5 minute poll fail alerts and smash and grap alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

thank you for getting back, all I could find on installers website and from calling were alarms no better then the one we currently have.. I will look it up and see what it is. the alarm we have came with the house so I don't know how different brands of alarms work, would any installer be able to get or is it supplied by a particular company only?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

All companies should be able to supply any alarm you request .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you call GSD they will put you onto plenty of installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Lot of GSD promotion going on here . Is it all above board i wonder ??

• Advertisement

Just recommending the systems I use.I would also be recommending Siemens/Vanderbilt depending on the application. Whats not to be above board?:confused:

Advertisement