Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to quit but where to go?

Options
  • 19-09-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been stuck in a rut for the past couple of years in my current job. Before starting here, I was out of work for a little bit. So I guess I just got fond of being paid rather than being unemployed and struggling. The current job hasn't really taught me much. Maybe one or two things but nothing I would boast about if it came to bringing it up in an interview. I have a degree from years back but the current job most definitely does not require that degree.

I want a career change (well, it's not a career at the moment to be honest, it's just a job) but I don't know where to go. The pay doesn't concern me as I just want to not hate going to work. My guess that it'll be another few months before I figure out what I want/need to do but the thoughts of still being in this job come the new year fills me with dread.

How feasible is it to try and get some temporary job (data entry/etc) just to tide me over? I assume many would advise not to leave my current job until I find something else but it's genuinely draining the life out of me.

Thanks.

Advertisement