Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry cleaner damage

Options
  • 19-09-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I brought a new suit not worn more than 3 times to a dry cleaner. On return the suit was damaged with what look like chemical burn holes. I returned to the cleaner with the suit and they said that it was normal wear and tear on the suit and they weren't to blame. However they said they'd take it back and send to place that originally did the cleaning and see what they thought.

A few days later I get the suit back and it had been dry cleaned again and had even more holes in it than the time I brought it back. Again they said it wasn't their fault. I rang their head office to complain on 3 occasions and was told each time that I would get a call back. I never received it, in addition I've sent them 3 emails and not had a reply. I know I can take to small claims court but isn't it just my word against theirs??? What to do next?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

It is if they show up. If they do not, then you automatically win, I think.

Also, if you have a receipt for the suit, it'll show that it's new enough and that this isn't normal wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Go back to where you bought it from, explain what happened they may be willing to test it and write you a letter confirming that they have not received any other suit back and that in their professional opinion the damage is due to the dry cleaner not following the instructions on the lable.

Or it could be an actual fault and you get your money back.

Advertisement