If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with built-in Freesat

Options
  • 19-09-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a TV with built-in Freesat for my parents. Size around 40" - 45".

I found the LG 43UH661V for £429. On the .ie site it appears to be available for delivery, but the .co.uk site says "in-store only". Can you confirm availability?

The TV is the same price on Amazon.co.uk - can you do any better?

Any other TVs you can recommend with a similar screen size and price?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Gadgie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a TV with built-in Freesat for my parents. Size around 40" - 45".

I found the LG 43UH661V for £429. On the .ie site it appears to be available for delivery, but the .co.uk site says "in-store only". Can you confirm availability?

The TV is the same price on Amazon.co.uk - can you do any better?

Any other TVs you can recommend with a similar screen size and price?
    Hi Gadgie,

I can certainly get one of those delivered to you, unfortunately the stock levels are quite low in the warehouse so I don't know when this will be. You could be looking a couple of weeks before we get them back into stock. I do have one in store which may become available so if that is freed up I can get that one to you a bit quicker!

Unfortunately £429 is our best price. We can ship the TV to you for £6.99 and we also include a 6 year at home guarantee for free. Amazon tend to charge for three year cover so the price works out a good bit more with them.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was hoping to get a TV sorted this week. Do you know when you'll know about the TV in-store that may become available? How long does shipping usually take? I'm in Limerick.

In the meantime, I'll look at alternative models. The built-in Freesat isn't a deal-breaker, I just thought it would be handy to have Saorview and Freesat on the same remote. Any experience or feedback from customers on how the interaction between Saorview and Freesat on these combi sets works? Is it fiddly to switch between them, or are they integrated on the same EPG?

They have a Sky box with "Freesat from Sky" card at the moment. It seems like all of the Freesat TVs are 4K resolution, which is not really required. Good quality 1080 picture is sufficient.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was hoping to get a TV sorted this week. Do you know when you'll know about the TV in-store that may become available? How long does shipping usually take? I'm in Limerick.

In the meantime, I'll look at alternative models. The built-in Freesat isn't a deal-breaker, I just thought it would be handy to have Saorview and Freesat on the same remote. Any experience or feedback from customers on how the interaction between Saorview and Freesat on these combi sets works? Is it fiddly to switch between them, or are they integrated on the same EPG?

They have a Sky box with "Freesat from Sky" card at the moment. It seems like all of the Freesat TVs are 4K resolution, which is not really required. Good quality 1080 picture is sufficient.
    Hey Gadgie.

Just a little update on the 43UH661. 

More stock is due to our main warehouse on the 29th of this month (Over 300 of them).

Thanks for getting back quickly. Unfortunately I didn't get a post notification, so I didn't see it until now!

Just looking at another post about Freesat TVs, and it was mentioned that a retune must be done when switching between DTT and Freesat. I had assumed that they would be on the same EPG, or it would be easy to switch between the two. Can you confirm that this model has this limitation, please? If so, I'll look at models without Freesat instead.

Thanks for getting back quickly. Unfortunately I didn't get a post notification, so I didn't see it until now!

Just looking at another post about Freesat TVs, and it was mentioned that a retune must be done when switching between DTT and Freesat. I had assumed that they would be on the same EPG, or it would be easy to switch between the two. Can you confirm that this model has this limitation, please? If so, I'll look at models without Freesat instead.
    Hi Gadgie,

Yes, I was having a look this morning and unfortunately to be able to switch between EPGs the TV needs to have twin tuners. The LG doesn't which means you would have to retune the EPG every time you want to switch between freeview and freesat. I had assumed that you would be able to switch between them but we were alerted to this by a customer who discovered that you can't!

Kind Regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Hi Gadgie,

Yes, I was having a look this morning and unfortunately to be able to switch between EPGs the TV needs to have twin tuners. The LG doesn't which means you would have to retune the EPG every time you want to switch between freeview and freesat. I had assumed that you would be able to switch between them but we were alerted to this by a customer who discovered that you can't!

Kind Regards

David
    You can switch between Saorview and Freesat channels on LG TVs

I do it myself http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99979704&postcount=3

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Gadgie,

Kind Regards

David

I do it myself http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99979704&postcount=3
    thanks for the post Mackersdublin

This may be only on some models, we haven't tried this on any sets here yet.
    Which model do you have?

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Hi Gadgie,

Kind Regards

David

thanks for the post Mackersdublin

This may be only on some models, we haven't tried this on any sets here yet.
    Which model do you have?

Brian
    As stated in the post, LF630V - last year's model

This year's models should have the "My Programmes" feature on the "Home" button too

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Macker,

Thanks as ever for the input!

Yep, our David is wrong, what I think he is half rembering is that some of the LG models cannot record Freesat when watching Freeview / Saorview... none of the combined Freesat / Freesat HD / Freeview / Saorview models need to be retuned to switch between Terrestrial and Satellite...

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

Hi, I was interested in the LG 43UH661V too. I see from above it will be back in stock on the 29th, will it be at the same price? Can I preorder?

• Advertisement

Red Rua wrote: »
    Hi, I was interested in the LG 43UH661V too.  I see from above it will be back in stock on the 29th, will it be at the same price?  Can I preorder?
    Hi Red Rua.

ETA on stock is still on for the 29th. 

If you order the screen at £429.00 with £6.99 shipping and should the price rise you still only pay the £435.99. If the price should drop then you would get the lower price.

If you want to go for one drop me a contact number in a PM or you can give me a shout on 00443339000070

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

PM sent

Red Rua wrote: »
    PM sent
    Thanks Red Rua, we'll get on it this morning

Brian

Hi,

Is the LG 43LH604V available for shipping to Ireland?

Amazon, Currys and Argos (UK sites) have this for £369 - can you match this?

Thanks!

Hi,

Is the LG 43LH604V available for shipping to Ireland?

Amazon, Currys and Argos (UK sites) have this for £369 - can you match this?

Thanks!
    Hi Gadgie,

We do have this TV listed, but we are currently out of stock both locally and at our UK warehouse. We are waiting to hear of any more delivery dates for it at present

We wouldn't be able to match the price on amazon/currys or argos, as their prices would only include the standard 1 year warranty, and not include delivery, whereas our price includes delivery and a 6 year guarantee.
    We should be getting updated delivery schedules tomorrow, so can keep you posted on that

cheers
    Brian

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting that you won't price match with Amazon/Currys/Argos as they don't include the 6 year guarantee. I'm not aware of other stores that offer a 6 year guarantee as standard; I've seen some offer multi-year guarantees for an additional charge, but these often include accidental damage, which isn't included in your guarantee. So which stores do you match with, and what do you consider a similar level of cover?

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting that you won't price match with Amazon/Currys/Argos as they don't include the 6 year guarantee. I'm not aware of other stores that offer a 6 year guarantee as standard; I've seen some offer multi-year guarantees for an additional charge, but these often include accidental damage, which isn't included in your guarantee. So which stores do you match with, and what do you consider a similar level of cover?
    HI Gadgie, 

Currys/argos etc would normally allow the option of paying for the additional warranty, to extend it up to 5 or 6 years, but it is usually at least £5 per month, so it has to be taken into consideration when price matching

We wold usually allow price matching for somewhere offering a 5 year warranty included, but as I'm sure you understand, we have to price match on a like-for-like basis

Cheers
    Brian

That's fair enough, but I don't think there are many places that offer 5 year guarantees as standard, so effectively there are not going to be many retailers that you can price match.

I personally wouldn't find a guarantee that only covers breakdown that useful, since my statutory rights already cover this for a number of years. It's not something I would pay extra for, unless it included accidental damage or some additional benefit.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That's fair enough, but I don't think there are many places that offer 5 year guarantees as standard, so effectively there are not going to be many retailers that you can price match.

I personally wouldn't find a guarantee that only covers breakdown that useful, since my statutory rights already cover this for a number of years. It's not something I would pay extra for, unless it included accidental damage or some additional benefit.
    Gadgie,

Our 6 year warranty goes way further than your statutory rights, but I do appreciate if you don't place a value on it - of course that's your prerogative.

However your price match against the UK curry's and UK PC world isn't really that relevant as they won't deliver to the ROI, if you would like the 43LH604 I'm happy to authorise it including delivery and our 6 year warranty at £389.

If you pop over to the ROI curry's or PC world site how could get it delivered including a 12 month warranty at €549 (our Euro price is €469)

Hope you can understand our position and keep me updated if we can assist in any way or of course if you have any queries.

Atvb

John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.