Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to sell iphone 6

Options
  • 19-09-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

I have an unlocked iphone 6 and CEX have offered 310EUR, how much in demand are these, i see some on Donedeal going for 400+, is it worth trying DD or should i just goto CEX?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I sold both mine for €425 on adverts a week before the 7 was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

xabi wrote: »
    I have an unlocked iphone 6 and CEX have offered 310EUR, how much in demand are these, i see some on Donedeal going for 400+, is it worth trying DD or should i just goto CEX?
    It really depends on condition, size, model etc;

Generally speaking, CEX will be the lowest offer you will get. More € to be taken from an Adverts/DD sale but obviously you get to experience the joy of dealing with the timewasters/low-ballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

To be honest Id try adverts.ie. Im gonna be putting my iphone 5 on adverts.ie tonight. Met a guy last night to sell my ipod classic and it all went perfectly. That was my first time using adverts and it was a really quick easy process. Slightly enjoyable too. Wondering what else i can sell off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Sold my 6 64gb on adverts.ie for €280, cracked screen and had water damage (repaired). Defcukin'lighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

kceire wrote: »

what spec?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    It really depends on condition, size, model etc;

Generally speaking, CEX will be the lowest offer you will get. More € to be taken from an Adverts/DD sale but obviously you get to experience the joy of dealing with the timewasters/low-ballers.

its the whole timewaster thing that puts me off, might try adverts for a few days. Then CEX as a fallback

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

its the whole timewaster thing that puts me off, might try adverts for a few days. Then CEX as a fallback

Put a minimum bid on it, saves you the grief of people offering you €20 plus in-laws plus pet penguin......

what spec?

Both 64gb factory unlocked still with boxes and all accessories and original Apple receipt. One white/silver and one gold.

So what do you reckon my 1 year old space grey 16GB unlocked could fetch? Its perfect, zeros marks or scratches? I have the box but no accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I sold my 16gb gold the other day. It's about 18 months old I think but it's spotless with no marks whatsoever. I got €375 with the box and charger and had it unlocked.

• Advertisement

So what do you reckon my 1 year old space grey 16GB unlocked could fetch? Its perfect, zeros marks or scratches? I have the box but no accessories.
    Adverts. It should fetch in the region of €380. Id stick it up for €400. Stipulate unlocked, boxed & mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm thinking similar. However, phone fell last night and screen is now cracked. Was going to get rid but if I could still get €300 for it I would take that and just get the 7. How pricey is it to fix a screen these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

wardides wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm thinking similar. However, phone fell last night and screen is now cracked. Was going to get rid but if I could still get 300 for it I would take that and just get the 7. How pricey is it to fix a screen these days?
    About 100 bucks for a good fix, anything less is usually cheapo screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

About 100 bucks for a good fix, anything less is usually cheapo screen.

Anywhere (somewhat reputable) that just buy it with screen cracked?

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm thinking similar. However, phone fell last night and screen is now cracked. Was going to get rid but if I could still get €300 for it I would take that and just get the 7. How pricey is it to fix a screen these days?
    Anywhere (somewhat reputable) that just buy it with screen cracked?

Probably only get around €250ish for it now IMO.
    For people to buy the smashed phone, they have to have an incentive to buy it and get it fixed as you run the risk that its more than just the screen damaged (digitiser etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

kceire wrote: »

Did you post them or were they collected?

I never sold on Adverts but Im thinking I might so Im not sure what the usual process is e.g. posting them, getting them collected at my house or meeting somewhere in town.

I never sold on Adverts but Im thinking I might so Im not sure what the usual process is e.g. posting them, getting them collected at my house or meeting somewhere in town.

Arranged for collection.
    Offered for them to come to my home but both opted to meet local.

I have 100% positive feedback and am verified on adverts so I suppose that made people a little more comfortable meeting me.

I did sell my dads 6 last year and I posted that down the country somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Sold mine yesterday for €380. Perfect condition although missing plug. I have my last iPhones on adverts no problem although you get a lot of stupid offers. People asking to swap even though you have said no swaps. I said on my ad I am upgrading to iPhone 7 and was offered an iPhone 5 and cash....wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

I dont think id buy anything on adverts without seeing it so I would always want to meet and see it before paying. I also have no problem with anyone wanting the same in return. When I sell my iphone 5 ill ask them to bring a sim and set it up in front of me if they have any doubts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sold my 64GB iPhone 6 on Adverts for €450 over the weekend. (Mint with box + accessories except headphones). Was only on sale since Friday afternoon so I might have got more if I held out but wanted a quick deal.

Met the chap halfway (in town) and we were done in 5 minutes.

There were some chancers replying to the ad but you just bat them away it's no big deal.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Sold my 64GB iPhone 6 on Adverts for €450 over the weekend. (Mint with box + accessories except headphones). Was only on sale since Friday afternoon so I might have got more if I held out but wanted a quick deal.

Met the chap halfway (in town) and we were done in 5 minutes.

There were some chancers replying to the ad but you just bat them away it's no big deal.

That's a great price!
    I got €425 for my 64gb 6, brand new condition with box, leaflets, charger and unopened earpods and original receipt. screen protector and case since day 1!

Edit - Just seen that it was only one month old and still under warranty. Mine was bought on launch day and replaced by Apple just under the 12th month, so technically 2 years old I suppose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah, it was pretty much brand new. Worth a premium, I guess.

A seller with top feedback selling "as new" iPhones on adverts with box and bits will always sell for way over CEX rates. The feedback is the key. Serious buyers will go to the trouble of brief scans on previously sold items just to confirm and once this is verified, you'll nearly always fetch close to your asking. The gobshîtes are just part of the process and are of no issue really.

dodzy wrote: »
    A seller with top feedback selling "as new" iPhones on adverts with box and bits will always sell for way over CEX rates. The feedback is the key. Serious buyers will go to the trouble of brief scans on previously sold items just to confirm and once this is verified, you'll nearly always fetch close to your asking. The gobshîtes are just part of the process and are of no issue really.

+1

I sold our two iPhone 6 and then my 2 iPhone SE upgrades and the first thing buyers say is I checked your feedback!

Advertisement