Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Ban for engaging in banter

Options
  • 19-09-2016 1:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

I received a month ban from AH for being "abusive" to another poster but this was mere banter between 2 posters. I explained the exchange between us but the ban remains in place. It was initially a site ban but then lifted to just being an AH ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi,

I will ask one of the Rec CMods to look into this for you. Please have your PM exchange with the AH moderator ready to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi HensVassal,

Will you please post the PM conversation you had with the banning Mod and I will look into same?

Thanks,

LEIN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

LEIN wrote: »
    Hi HensVassal,

Will you please post the PM conversation you had with the banning Mod and I will look into same?

Thanks,

LEIN

Yes I will.

HV

Hi HensVassal,

Thanks,

LEIN

Do you want me to post it here or PM it to you?

Posting here will be fine, thank you.

• Advertisement

Posting here will be fine, thank you.

I actually sent them to you.

Thanks, leave it with me.

HensVassal wrote:
    Boom_Bap wrote:
    Dear HensVassal,

You have been banned from After Hours for one month for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Boom_Bap

Moderator Note

p=101052069
    Being abusive to other members of the forum is not allowed. You know this by now.
    I you suspect a rereg, report it.
    last ban was 3 weeks, incremented to 1 month this time.

Your post:
    HensVassal wrote: »
    Harambe wrote: »
    Welcome to page 12.

Smart little fecker for a newcomer (or re-reg) aren't ya?
    HensVassal wrote:
    Boom_Bap wrote:
    HensVassal wrote:
    Boom_Bap wrote:
    HensVassal wrote:
    Dear Boom_Bap,

I take it that the ban was partially lifted after I posted in the prison to explain myself. My little jibe to Harambe was not meant as abuse and he knew it. I thanks his post and he thanked mine. I called him a "smart little fecker for a newcomer (or re-reg)" because he only joined in September and had a mere 6 posts but already was au fait with AH style banter and sarcasm ("welcome to page 12" as he said). As for me saying that he could have been re-registered.....it's very possible that he could have been re-registered. I wasn't implying that he re-registered after getting kicked off Boards. He could easily have been a member in the past and then closed his account and came back at a later date and joined under a new username.

There was absolutely no malicious intent in the exchange between us. It was akin to calling someone a "mad bastard" when they say they're going to do something "crazy" like stay out past 10 o'clock or some such thing.

But I still find myself banned from AH which I think is unfair.

I'll talk to my co-mods for their opinion. The siteban being overturned has no bearing on the AH ban, so we will need to discuss.

Regards,

Boomer

Hello Boom_Bap,

Have you conferred with your colleagues?

HensVassal

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. After discussing, the ban will not be lifted.

If you wish to contest this, you can use the dispute resolution process where a CMod will review. If you go to the Dispute Reolution page, there is a graph showing the different stages of the process.

Regards,

Boom

Reviewing atm, will revert soon.

Reviewing atm, will revert soon.

Thank you LEIN

Hi HensVassal, I have reviewed your case I feel that a one month ban was harsh in this situation.

I have requested that your ban be lifted and you should be free to post within 24 hours.

During the investigation, I noticed that you have a very bad history in AH, I am requesting that you tone it down.
    I have asked the mods to keep an eye on your posting style for the next month, please do not end up back here.

Take Care,

LEIN

• Advertisement

This is resolved, thanks all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement