Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivelo Bibshorts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I used the female version (Tideswell) for the GDBR, and they are the nicest bibs I have ever tried. If you can deal with the slow delivery from SportPursuit, I'd recommend them.

(I admired the fact that they were delivered in their own presentation box. Compared to the usual plastic bag, I thought it was a nice touch)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ultanh

Excellent quality bib shorts. Really comfortable on long rides. Got a pair in spring and now my favourite. Will definitely get another pair. All of their products seem to be top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I also have two pairs and am a big fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Yeah, I paid €77 for a pair and they're very comfie for the long rides. Considering this deal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

g0g wrote: »
    I also have two pairs and am a big fan!

Would you regard sizing chart to be accurate? Cheers

• Advertisement

Would you regard sizing chart to be accurate? Cheers
    Yeah find them grand, not tiny fitting or anything. I'm 186cm 83kg-ish and think i got medium

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Looks like €8 for delivery? :eek: Parcel Motel the way to go.

Looks like €8 for delivery? :eek: Parcel Motel the way to go.

Indeed I parcel motel'd mine, but if was more for the decreased transit time.

At time of order, I was charged £49.99 + £4.99 (£54.98) converted to €65.18, plus PM.

Indeed I parcel motel'd mine, but if was more for the decreased transit time.

At time of order, I was charged £49.99 + £4.99 (£54.98) converted to €65.18, plus PM.
    How big was the presentation box you mentioned? Would two of them be too big for PM?

How big was the presentation box you mentioned? Would two of them be too big for PM?

The one came into a small locker. Two wouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement

To add, and this might be helpful. Two images. The PM check in image (personally identifying info blacked out - sorry) and the box itself.

397744.jpg

397745.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi

Would the small size be too small? Male, 5"7 aprox 74KG? Would a medium be too large?

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭dom_1000

@gog, you must be bet into them.
    I am 73kg and 181cm and the large fitted me, though could probably squeeze into a medium

dom_1000 wrote: »
    @gog, you must be bet into them.
    I am 73kg and 181cm and the large fitted me, though could probably squeeze into a medium
    Haha sure those things are all so tight anyway I dunno how much difference there is between sizes. I've recently worn them for full day cycles and found them grand. Have had a few frustrating experiences with large tops or bottoms being that bit too big for me so just went with medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Thanks,

went with the medium...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you can deal with the slow delivery from SportPursuit

I might pull the trigger on a pair of these myself. 183cm, 68kg and thinking of going for medium based on the size guide.

How slow is slow delivery from Sport Pursuit? Not that I'm in a major panic but I'm curious. I hate waiting for ages for stuff.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I might pull the trigger on a pair of these myself. 183cm, 68kg and thinking of going for medium based on the size guide.

How slow is slow delivery from Sport Pursuit? Not that I'm in a major panic but I'm curious. I hate waiting for ages for stuff.

I ordered 23 Aug. Order picked and shipped 01 Sep. Landed in my Parcel Motel 05 Sep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I ordered something from them on Monday, arrived this morning.
    The email from them did say it can take 2-3 weeks for shipping , but not a problem this time for me

I ordered the medium. I'll report back with delivery, sizing and comfort in case it's of use to anyone at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I ordered the medium. I'll report back with delivery, sizing and comfort in case it's of use to anyone at a later stage.

Yeah please so, I'm looking for a new pair of shorts and these could fit the bill. I'm 181cm and 76kg with 38cm chest. According to the chart M is my size but want to be sure.

• Advertisement

Ordered these on Monday evening and they arrived in Parcel Motel around 8pm last night.

Took them out on a 90km spin today and found them quite comfortable. They're a little slippy on the saddle, but I've had that with new shorts before. The chamois feels good and the straps aren't too restrictive. The leg grippers are good too; instead of just one strip, there's 12 thin ones taking up the full width of the cuff.

I normally wear large in shorts and this large fit me perfectly. A lot more comfortable than my large-sized Verge green boardsie shorts (which I think are like a cheap hotel... :pac:). I personally wouldn't pay £120 for them, but at "half price" they're great.

I'm unsure about what their full value is. Sure, SportPursuit have it as full price is £120 ish, but they are also Rivelo's only seller, so it is impossible to compare. Whether I'd be as happy with them at "full price" remains to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ordered these on Monday evening and they arrived in Parcel Motel around 8pm last night.

Took them out on a 90km spin today and found them quite comfortable. They're a little slippy on the saddle, but I've had that with new shorts before. The chamois feels good and the straps aren't too restrictive. The leg grippers are good too; instead of just one strip, there's 12 thin ones taking up the full width of the cuff.

I normally wear large in shorts and this large fit me perfectly. A lot more comfortable than my large-sized Verge green boardsie shorts (which I think are like a cheap hotel... :pac:). I personally wouldn't pay £120 for them, but at "half price" they're great.

For reference what size/height are you? I normally wear Large in shorts too but the rivelo sizing charts says Medium for me so
    Want to be sure before buying.

I'm unsure about what their full value is. Sure, SportPursuit have it as full price is £120 ish, but they are also Rivelo's only seller, so it is impossible to compare. Whether I'd be as happy with them at "full price" remains to be considered.
    It's hard to judge alright. I needed new shorts anyway, so I was happy to try these supposedly premium ones at that price. They cost the same as my (now) second most comfortable pair, dhb Aeron Pro, which I got in April 2015. I see the 2016 version of those are now €90 :eek:
    For reference what size/height are you? I normally wear Large in shorts too but the rivelo sizing charts says Medium for me so
    Want to be sure before buying.
    I'm 180cm, don't know my weight. A rough measurement of my chest/waist/inseam in my civvies put me in their large size, so I went with that. Sorry I couldn't be more accurate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im 185cm and 80kg and got medium shorts and fit fine. I prefer to make sure theres no movement down under!

I ordered these last Thursday night and they arrived to my home address via An Post the following Wednesday. They certainly look good and are appear to be of high quality. Some nice presentation touches like the box and the tag is attached with a safety pin rather than the usual plastic thingy.

I tried them on and they fit well. They are a bit longer than other shorts I've had (DHB, Altura, Endura) and the cuff grippers aren't as tight as some reviews led me to believe.

I used them for the first time this morning on my 19km commute rather than commit to a long ride in new shorts. As stated above, they are a bit slippy on the saddle but I've found this to be normal for most new shorts. The slippyness disappeared after 4 or 5km. The pad is no where near as thick as the Endura FS260 Pro that I've been using a lot recently but it's equally as comfortable and gives me a better 'connected' feel with the saddle/bike. I'll know more after a longer spin but first impressions are good and they appear to be well worth the €68 inc delivery.

FWIW, I'm 183cm and 68kg and ordered medium and they fit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Same here, have their Honister shorts & Newlands Jersey. Lovely gear

Advertisement