Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spin Classes

Options
  • 19-09-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone done or do they know of anywhere in Dublin that offers this??

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

jimbo32123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone done or do they know of anywhere in Dublin that offers this??

J

my washing machine has a 90 degree cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

Would you fit a bike in it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

jimbo32123 wrote: »
    Would you fit a bike in it though?

Yeah good point - didnt think of that

All joking aside, A hot spin sounds both tortuous and dangerous. I do normal spin classes and they are difficult enough with the heat and humidty, never mind making the room extra hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

bazermc wrote: »
    Yeah good point - didnt think of that

All joking aside, A hot spin sounds both tortuous and dangerous. I do normal spin classes and they are difficult enough with the heat and humidty, never mind making the room extra hot.

Don't see the need for a hot spin class ..and you are probably right it's sounds dangerous...I do normal spin 3 times a week and I can't imagine doing it in a heated studio...sweating more is only losing fluids which is replaced once water is drank...I could be wrong but I don't think sweating more due to heat has many advantages excerise wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

You should give these a shout. Not normal spin classes but done on spin bikes. Its done in an altitude chambers with max of about 2400 meters. Really well done course all based on zones and not just going balls out. All your info shows on a LCD in front of you.

They are a bit expensive but you get a discount for booking 10 classes together(100 Euro for 10 Classes). You can even bring in your own turbo if you have one and use power meters ext ext although i think by now they might have some wattbikes in or something similar.
    Would be very useful if you were training for something specific like racing or the Marmotte. Really worth a look anyway.

http://irishaltitudechambers.ie/

Edit. Yes i think they have wattbikes now from looking at the FB page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

You should give these a shout. Not normal spin classes but done on spin bikes. Its done in an altitude chambers with max of about 2400 meters. Really well done course all based on zones and not just going balls out. All your info shows on a LCD in front of you.

They are a bit expensive but you get a discount for booking 10 classes together(100 Euro for 10 Classes). You can even bring in your own turbo if you have one and use power meters ext ext although i think by now they might have some wattbikes in or something similar.
    Would be very useful if you were training for something specific like racing or the Marmotte. Really worth a look anyway.

http://irishaltitudechambers.ie/

Edit. Yes i think they have wattbikes now from looking at the FB page.

That is exactly what i am looking for, Cheers Irishrover appreciate that

Advertisement