Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot Spin Classes

• 19-09-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone done or do they know of anywhere in Dublin that offers this??

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is thus that a spin class in a hot room?
    Sounds like a pretty bad idea tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just because it feels difficult doesn't mean it's doing you any good.

I tried doing pushups while my nephew kicks me in the face but I haven't gained any mass???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I can't think of a much worse idea tbh. Even if you can do that, you probably shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Zillah wrote: »
    Just because it feels difficult doesn't mean it's doing you any good.

I tried doing pushups while my nephew kicks me in the face but I haven't gained any mass???

Is your face not swole?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

http://irishaltitudechambers.ie/

Very beneficial and worthwhile when trying to develop fitness and additional lung capacity

• Advertisement

jimbo32123 wrote: »

Very beneficial and worthwhile when trying to develop fitness and additional lung capacity

So... you posted asking a Q you already knew the answer to, and then decided to link us to the thing you were hoping we'd link you too so you couldn't be accused of advertising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Trainers will hate me

I sit in the kitchen oven at 180 for 5 mins every evening and I've literally lost 12 stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Nothing on that website about spin classes in higher temperatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

dont think theres any hot spin classes in dublin, im only aware of the yoga classes.

dont think its taken off in Ireland yet. (cant see it taking off either to be fair)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I accidentally ended up in a hot spin class with under armour on. Sweet suffering mother that was horrible.

• Advertisement

jimbo32123 wrote: »

That appears to be something else entirely.
    Nit sure if you are a bad shill or just love a gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Like others have said, this is a terrible idea.

Please do not equate something feeling hard to meaning that you are getting more benefit or working harder. This is not always the case.

In your example, heat will raise your heart rate but this will not equate to you working harder or producing more power. It simply means that your body has to work harder to dissipate more heat at the same level of effort. So, it feels harder, but your body has to work harder to cool itself off. Your body has a built in mechanism to to cool itself off - sweat! Your hear rate will rise (making things feel harder) so it can send blood to the skin faster to help with cooling off. The result of this is that you will likely not be able to work as hard as you could in an air conditioned studio. So really, you are likely to do less work even though it might feel harder.

Any studio or trainer that recommends this is either ignorant to the effects of heat or one to be aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How would the above compare to hot yoga? Would there be absolutely no benefit whatsoever to an increased heart rate, increased sweat production etc?

cormie wrote: »
    How would the above compare to hot yoga? Would there be absolutely no benefit whatsoever to an increased heart rate, increased sweat production etc?

Right here: https://breakingmuscle.com/yoga/hot-yoga-the-dangers-and-myths-you-need-to-know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Take a regular spin class but pedal faster than normal, you will feel much hotter and burn more calories. Job done.

cormie wrote: »

The of heat in hot yoga (vrs regular yoga) is not about burning more energy. Some places talk about sweating toxins, that's nonsense. In my experience it just helps you warm-up to your max ROM a bit quicker.

Advertisement