Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty taking money from my account without permission

Options
  • 19-09-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I previously held a home insurance policy with you from September 2015 to September 2016 for which I paid for by direct debit.
    On renewal this year, the quote you issued me with was too expensive so I insured my property with a different provider.  I rang you to inform you of this on the 2nd of September.

I proceeded to cancel my direct debit with the bank to insure that there would be no further transactions.
    When I checked my bank account on the 17th of September, I noticed that your company went in for, and received, a payment.  Although this direct debit had been cancelled 2 weeks previously. 

On contacting my bank I was informed that when the request for payment on the 2015/2016 mandate was rejected, you then proceeded to create a new mandate number and proceeded to collect a payment.  Not only had I not signed a new direct debit mandate but my home insurance was no longer with you!

This is not the first time an issue like this has been reported to you, by me.
    In April this year I paid my car insurance in full to you and you continued to direct debit my account.  When this was pointed out to you I then had to wait 28 days for a refund.

I am currently a car insurance customer but will definitely not be a returning one.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

jessiejam wrote: »
    I previously held a home insurance policy with you from September 2015 to September 2016 for which I paid for by direct debit.
    On renewal this year, the quote you issued me with was too expensive so I insured my property with a different provider.  I rang you to inform you of this on the 2nd of September.

I proceeded to cancel my direct debit with the bank to insure that there would be no further transactions.
    When I checked my bank account on the 17th of September, I noticed that your company went in for, and received, a payment.  Although this direct debit had been cancelled 2 weeks previously. 

On contacting my bank I was informed that when the request for payment on the 2015/2016 mandate was rejected, you then proceeded to create a new mandate number and proceeded to collect a payment.  Not only had I not signed a new direct debit mandate but my home insurance was no longer with you!

In April this year I paid my car insurance in full to you and you continued to direct debit my account.  When this was pointed out to you I then had to wait 28 days for a refund.

I am currently a car insurance customer but will definitely not be a returning one.
    Hi jessiejam,
    We wish to sincerely apologise for the experience you have had, please PM me your policy number so we can investigate this further.
    We will be back to you ASAP.
    Thank you
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Hi jessiejam,
    We wish to sincerely apologise for the experience you have had, please PM me your policy number so we can investigate this further.
    Thank you
    Una
    Hi Una,

Has there been any updates on this issue?

Rgds,

JJ

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi jessiejam,
    Thank you
    Una
    Hi Una,

Has there been any updates on this issue?

Rgds,

JJ
    Hi jessiejam,
    I would like to assure you that your complaint has been logged. A member of our Customer Focus Team will give you a call regarding this tomorrow.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Una

Advertisement