Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim

• 19-09-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My partner was rear ended. We were attempting to keep insurance out of it and settle it privately but unable to resolve and not worth our hassle trying to nice in the end.

How do we now proceed. Do we contact the other drivers company to report? To my knowledge the driver hasn't told them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Report it to their insurance company and your own. You'll also need to report it to Gardai.

Have you got their insurance details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

We reported it to our own on the day.

We have their details. Do we go guards first or their company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd contact the Gardai and have them log the incident on their system, get the Pulse number from them and the Garda's name who is logging your report. I'd also contact the other party's insurance company and open a claim with them against their client. You might be in for a long drawn out battle if the other party disputes the claim or their insurance company drags their heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Thanks

Advertisement