Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is Mourinho a busted flush?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

True!! Better than talking politics though eh?

****en right, i remember the Suarez and the Rafa days. They could have burnt down my house and i would found a reasoning for it. Not really related to Jose yet as i still think utd will go close to winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

LOL. I think it's you who's in denial about how you feel about this topic.
    Good come back, I surrender :P

BTW, if true it looks like this is going to go down well tonight. Should add another layer of spice to Rooney getting axed rested on Saturday.

Cs4cdq1WgAE27Nw1474471098.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was going to unfollow this thread but its actually so bad its good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

BTW, if true it looks like this is going to go down well tonight. Should add another layer of spice to Rooney getting axed rested on Saturday.

You're certainly not a disinterested observer. Don't even try and play that card :pac:

You're certainly not a disinterested observer. Don't even try and play that card :pac:
    OK, my bad. I should have chosen my words more carefully. Perhaps "a distant observer" as in not being a partisan supporter would have been more apt. Apologies if you felt I misled you.

I'm interested in PL football and the big stories of the day. Mourinho being as big a story as there is right now bar Pep's revolution at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If I was a United fan and I seen that poster at a game I'd be embarrassed. It's Woodward you should be looking to get out the door, he gave Rooney the ridiculous contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

eagle eye wrote: »
    If I was a United fan and I seen that poster at a game I'd be embarrassed. It's Woodward you should be looking to get out the door, he gave Rooney the ridiculous contract.

At that time it looked good decision to give contract to Rooney.

On redcafe many have posted examples of Fergie blaming players in the post match conference, in fact every manager discusses players from time to time. Some of the twist and agenda is embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I was going to unfollow this thread but its actually so bad its good.

Following this thread is the equivalent of slowing down when there's been a crash in the opposite lane. You know you should just drive on....but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have a look at the picture closely.

I'd draw particular attention to the hand in the top right.

I'd also draw your attention to a follow up tweet from Boylesports that is in the United super thread.

The above is clearly a Photoshop effort.

But don't let something that is as blatantly obvious as a bad Photoshop mock up distract you from your mission.

To quote Chopper Read, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Na, made the mistake of confusing that thread with an actual discussion thread where points and issues would be discussed on their merit but won't be wasting my time engaging there unless the incestuous fan boy culture changes which I don't see happening any time soon.

I will of course keep reading it as it too is a great source of fiction and humour.

FWIW, any Liverpool fans that are reading this thread and haven't ventured into the Utd superthread, you are of course welcome to and you will get some good discussion in there with Utd supporters if you are looking for it, as many Liverpool supporters already do.

If you come in like the above poster does and post nonsense you will be treated accordingly. Doesn't matter which team you support.

José needs to be given time. Same as Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Rooney needs time to mature into his career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mourinho begins each of his managerial stints by battening down the hatches at the back, he's done the opposite at united, wouldn't be surprised if united adopt a less adventurous approach for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Rooney needs time to mature into his career

Hahaha the best one yet

Have a look at the picture closely.

I'd draw particular attention to the hand in the top right.

I'd also draw your attention to a follow up tweet from Boylesports that is in the United super thread.

The above is clearly a Photoshop effort.

But don't let something that is as blatantly obvious as a bad Photoshop mock up distract you from your mission.

To quote Chopper Read, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

;)

You obviously didn't read my post correctly, particularly the underlined piece "BTW, if true it looks like this is going to go down well tonight." ;)

download-11474483295.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You obviously didn't read my post correctly, particularly the underlined piece "BTW, if true it looks like this is going to go down well tonight." ;)

download-11474483295.jpg

Adding "if true" to a witless post doesn't make it any less witless.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I still fancy Mourinho to be at United come January. He'll have a shave and a shower when the evenings start stretching again and the form will pick up.

Adding "if true" to a witless post doesn't make it any less witless.

:)

Using the word "witless" in a strawman argument doesn't make it any less strawman :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So is the banner up or not at the match?

So is the banner up or not at the match?

Haven't seen it so far. Searched online for "Rooney Banner" to see if anyone had spotted it and was shocked to see the banners some fans had previously displayed aimed at Rooney, pretty disgusting stuff. No one deserves that sort of abuse.

manutdfans1474488015.jpg

Complaining about referees again tonight. Pressure getting to Jose?

• Only you^

This Yea?

“The game should be easier — we should have been playing against 10 men very early in the second half"

OMG Jose the animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RoboKlopp wrote: »

What do you think?

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Clutching straws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

*bump*

The problem with starting a "Is Jose and Utd done ?" thread 5 league games into his reign is that it is likely to get bumped after every game where the result is decisively good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm surprised this thread has been allowed to grow legs, never mind run this far.

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

adox wrote: »
    I'm surprised this thread has been allowed to grow legs, never mind run this far.

Weird.

Yeah. If it was called something more traditional it would have been locked in an instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jaykay74 wrote: »
    *bump*

The problem with starting a "Is Jose and Utd done ?" thread 5 league games into his reign is that it is likely to get bumped after every game where the result is decisively good or bad.

In reality, Mourinho is well past hist best. United have displayed extreme desperation in hiring him - in fairness, they were desperate.

The fact that it's taken him this long to drop Rooney say it all if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

True!! Better than talking politics though eh?

Ah now, the US election is basically Suarez vs. Evra mk. II.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    In reality, Mourinho is well past hist best. United have displayed extreme desperation in hiring him - in fairness, they were desperate.

The fact that it's taken him this long to drop Rooney say it all if you ask me.

He gave the club captain, country captain and record goalscorer 5 games to play himself into some form? What a fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

He gave the club captain, country captain and record goalscorer 5 games to play himself into some form? What a fraud.

Seriously? 5 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Definitely not the manager he was.

kippy wrote: »
    Seriously? 5 games?

How many has he played under Mourinho? If you're talking about previous seasons, you're not taking into account Mourinho believing in his own abilities as a manager and giving players a chance under him, rather than basing it all on what they did under previous managers. Hence Valencia, Fellaini, Rooney etc getting games despite being below par in previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Definitely not the manager he was.

I think you have a terrible memory.
    Was he ever a perfect manager???
    Sure was Ferguson ever perfect???

No to both, but now a days, if a manager farts. There are questions asking should they go.
    This thread should have been closed before the second page.

Football fans are braindead. Well at least 90% of them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

enzo roco wrote: »
    This thread should have been closed before the second page.

It serves a purpose to be honest, its almost a honeypot for a certain type of poster.

• So Yea. Conte lost two in a row. Shall we start a thread about him being a busted flush? Eh no because that would be ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So Yea. Conte lost two in a row. Shall we start a thread about him being a busted flush? Eh no because that would be ridiculous

If he was managing United there would have been. A busted flush, haha love it. The idiocy of some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So Yea. Conte lost two in a row. Shall we start a thread about him being a busted flush? Eh no because that would be ridiculous

Conte didn't get sacked this time last year. The media was making a story of lightning striking twice in the PL bubble with stories out of meaningless or small things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm closing the thread now anyway.

Originally, it was left open cause there was very obviously a desire for some people to talk about what was happening at United, and non-United fans needed a place to do so. But over the last few days, it's really branched away from that purpose.

I'll close the thread, and if there's a need to reopen it down the line, we can.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement