Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for opinion on All-Ireland Final

Options
  • 19-09-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Simple opinion shared on All-Ireland final that was not inflammatory in any way results in ban?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi MayoSalmon,

The first step in the Dispute Process is to discuss the ban with the mod who issued it. Can you confirm if you have done this or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

dudara wrote: »
    Hi MayoSalmon,

The first step in the Dispute Process is to discuss the ban with the mod who issued it. Can you confirm if you have done this or not?

Yes, I have received no response. It would seem any Criticism shared about Mayo in the Mayo GAA thread is constantly viewed as some sort of trolling when in fact it is merely just criticism and that's all.

When did you send your PM to the moderator? I do want to give them some time to respond, which may not be immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

dudara wrote: »
    When did you send your PM to the moderator? I do want to give them some time to respond, which may not be immediately.

Still no response can you please investigate?!

OK, as the mod has not responded, I'll ask a Sports CMod to take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi MayoSalmon, sorry for the delay, I was off on holidays and we are down a few more sports cmods for various other reasons recently.

Can you please send me the pm's between yourself and the mod concerned and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Got your PM today, thanks.

Hi MayoSalmon, I've had a discussion with the mods and looked into the history of this.

You were told a while back not to post in that particular thread again because you were trolling. I accept that it was a considerable time ago but what you should have done was ask a mod if it was OK to rejoin the discussion. I'm sure they would have said yes as long as you were constructive and were not posting to rile people up.

Instead you decided to continue with the same posting style that caused the mods to tell you to stop posting in the thread, and picked up a red card in the process.

I've looked at the posts in question and your posting history and agree with the mods decision that you were trolling.

I don't see any reason why this ban was unfair or inappropriate and I believe it was justified.

The mods, however are prepared to offer an olive branch and reduce your ban by half if you agree here to observe the thread ban going forward and also agree to refrain from posting 'to rile people up' aka trolling.

Let me know if you agree to this and I will reduce the ban to two weeks, either way, even if you wait the month, the same conditions apply on your return.

Thanks.

Hi MayoSalmon,

Anything further or can this be marked as resolved?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement