Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Fire TV stick for £9.99 for new Prime subscribers

• 19-09-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭

From the Amazon.co.uk Twitter account:
    https://twitter.com/AmazonUK/

"The Fire TV stick is so good Jeremy Clarkson decided to donate some to our friends in Europe"
    http://amzn.to/2d9V2Nv

So basically a Fire TV stick for £9.99 (plus postage).

Prime member already myself so can't avail of.
    Note that there's a new Fire TV Stick rumored shortly, going through FCC approval at the moment according to aftvnews.com
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Just to be clear on this - You need to sign up for 12 months of Prime at £79, presumably up front, to get £25 off a Fire TV Stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can you set up a new account and take the trial out?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Zilog wrote: »
    From the Amazon.co.uk Twitter account:
    https://twitter.com/AmazonUK/

"The Fire TV stick is so good Jeremy Clarkson decided to donate some to our friends in Europe"
    http://amzn.to/2d9V2Nv

So basically a Fire TV stick for £9.99 (plus postage).

Prime member already myself so can't avail of.
    Note that there's a new Fire TV Stick rumored shortly, going through FCC approval at the moment according to aftvnews.com

Needs to sign up for one year subscritpion to get this offer :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

So, essentially it's "pay £90 to get Prime and a Fire Stick instead of £115".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Invincible

me_irl wrote: »

Yearly subscription £79
    Fire TV stick £9.99

Amazon reserves the right to charge you the discount you received if you cancel membership within 3 months, charge will be made against method used to purchase item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

me_irl wrote: »
    Yup, in a nutshell - providing you're a new subscriber it seems. No love for existing Prime subscribers!

Looks like Amazon are expecting a bunch of new subs with 'The Grand Tour' and taking the opportunity to unload old Fire TV Stick stock, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a good device for what it is though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be fair you can use some of the prime services in Ireland
    - Kindle lending works
    - Prime one-day works to parcel motel just fine
    - Cloud drive is unlimited storage for photos so its better value then dropbox
    - Prime Music works

Thats without trying to use anything to get around geo restrictions, its not actually bad if you even get good usage out of the cloud drive like I do (700GB odd backed up to it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Prime Video works for me too without any work around on many titles, in fact there is now a big "when abroad" section shown to me when I log in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prime Video works for me too without any work around on many titles, in fact there is now a big "when abroad" section shown to me when I log in.

Thats only a hand full of titles but yes that does work fine in Ireland (the When Abroad section),
    You can watch the entire season of Man in the white castle for example

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

@Cabaal, How have you gotten Prime Music to work, I keep getting asked to enter my Credit Card Details and a billing address. My Prime account is set to the UK with a billing address in the UK. My Music is set to the UK but I keep being prompted to enter my details and then it tells me there is an issue with them!!!

Any assistance you can offer would be great.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does this stick work for netflix without a vpn set up?

@Cabaal, How have you gotten Prime Music to work, I keep getting asked to enter my Credit Card Details and a billing address. My Prime account is set to the UK with a billing address in the UK. My Music is set to the UK but I keep being prompted to enter my details and then it tells me there is an issue with them!!!

Any assistance you can offer would be great.

Thanks

Honestly I have no suggestions for this, I've never experienced this issue ever. Its always just worked for me. sorry

It'll work with Irish Netflix just fine, also All4 works on it too.
    BBC iPlayer etc don't work however out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea it works fine

Advertisement