Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage not being recognised

Options
  • 19-09-2016 5:16pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys, weird issue.

I can't send an iMessage to my GF.
    Both of us have all the same settings on etc, but we can't iMessage each other.
    I can iMessage other people and she can iMessage other people too, but e can't to each other.

Both of us on iPhone 7.

Done the usual on/off, and have just updated both phones to 10.0.1

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very strange.
    It's only iPhone 7 to iPhone 7 that won't work!
    I can iMessage everyone on a 6S or older and so can she, just not each other!

Anyone here with a 7 fancy PM'ing me their number so I can test if it's with all iPhone 7's?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »
    Very strange.
    It's only iPhone 7 to iPhone 7 that won't work!
    I can iMessage everyone on a 6S or older and so can she, just not each other!

Anyone here with a 7 fancy PM'ing me their number so I can test if it's with all iPhone 7's?

Thanks.
    Pm sent

Might be worth a shot to delete each other's contact details and send a text, then save each other's details from that text?

guil wrote: »
    Pm sent

Thanks man.
    Well the issue is simply between my phone and my GF's phone.
    I've done everything at this stage but still happening.

Ok so when I start typing her number I get the option to select her email as an iMessage but in her settings her email is not selected to send/receive iMessages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Was she using an iPhone before the new phone? Have you tried signing out of both your Apple IDs?

Was she using an iPhone before the new phone? Have you tried signing out of both your Apple IDs?

Yeah. She's had the 5, 6 and now the 7. First time this issue has popped up.
    I signed out of her account through the message settings and then resigned in and still same issue.

I think the issue is at her end tbh. iMessage will work through her email address but it's just not picking up that it's deselected in her settings?

Might try a restore tomorrow.

Yeah. She's had the 5, 6 and now the 7. First time this issue has popped up.
    I signed out of her account through the message settings and then resigned in and still same issue.

I think the issue is at her end tbh. iMessage will work through her email address but it's just not picking up that it's deselected in her settings?

Might try a restore tomorrow.
    Have you tried deleting contact details on each phone like I mentioned above?

Have you tried deleting contact details on each phone like I mentioned above?

First thing in the morning :)
    She's in bed and if I go up and start mentioning iMessage this and iMessage that, I'll need an ibandage after the belt she'll give me :)

I have deleted her from my phone and I still only get an SMS option.

Thanks for your help btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

First thing in the morning :)
    She's in bed and if I go up and start mentioning iMessage this and iMessage that, I'll need an ibandage after the belt she'll give me :)

I have deleted her from my phone and I still only get an SMS option.

Thanks for your help btw.

Check neither of you have inadvertently blocked the other.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Check neither of you have inadvertently blocked the other.

I'd say that would block all communication, it does on my phone anyway.

So we deleted all contact details on each phone.
    Tried sending a messenger just using our. Miners but still SMS.

Reentered contact info and still SMS.
    We can still iMessage everyone else, just not each other.

That's mental. When you tap edit in a contact is the phone number listed in the iPhone field? I'm baffled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Has me stumped, reset both phones as a last resort pain in the hole just for iMessage.

Have you tried just resetting network settings on both phones?

That's mental. When you tap edit in a contact is the phone number listed in the iPhone field? I'm baffled.

Yes, i've changed the header to iPhone
    Has me stumped, reset both phones as a last resort pain in the hole just for iMessage.

Have you tried just resetting network settings on both phones?

Have not reset network settings. I'll try that later after work.

OK, so iMessege just start working.
    I don't know if it was waiting on activation, or it was a combination of everything, but its working.

Thanks for everybodies help.

Advertisement