Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus collides with tree in D15.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

WTF, was the tree made of steel?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ouch.. sounds like it would have happened on Shelerin road then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder does SIPTU have a tree division. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

It happened on the Shelerin road, right beside Mountview church. Bus was moved around the corner before being towed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

How on earth....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Where was the branch before the incident? It didn't just appear overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wonder does SIPTU have a tree division. :p

Joe O'Flynn in Branch secretary,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Latest report from insurance companies is there were 250 people on the bus at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I was reading the comments in that article and there is one notable comment from someone claiming to be there.

According to that comment , at the time children were being collected and parents were parked along that road.

With that in mind, the road is already narrow enough and the overhanging branches I'm not surprised this has happened, it was only a matter of time.

I saw a trailer passing not long ago through hartstown with parts of tree in it so maybe the branches have been cut.

if not this will need to be looked at seriously . This road is not the most suitable for buses at times. If this can't be sorted they may need to look at routing buses up the hartstown link road which im sure most people in mountview, lohunda, Inglewood, woodvale etc would not want .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Dublin Bus need to carry out a root-and-branch review of how this could have happened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Leaf out the puns lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

My son saw the aftermath on his way home from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Joe O'Flynn in Branch secretary,

Are you sure of that, I thought it was Douglas Fir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

tree cheers for the fast action of the driver after the incident

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Aw yew guys, youre making this a very poplar pun thread. Well lime going to leave it there before we get sycamore puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Gaspode wrote: »
    Aw yew guys, youre making this a very poplar pun thread. Well lime going to leave it there before we get sycamore puns.

Bravo!

Advertisement