Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

Sadly they're scanning at €41.99 at Tesco Crescent! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Spotted these TP-Link HS110 Wi-Fi smart plugs in Tesco Ardkeen for €10.50. More than likely the same across the Country.

4DwIHyX.jpg?1

The 2 models are nearly identical, one is priced €29.99, the other €10.50. The €10.50 barcode ends in 737 and has the little "Energy Monitoring" logo in the top left corner of the packaging.

They're £29.99 each from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HS110-Monitoring-Assistant-Required-UK/dp/B01IBUF48S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497539298&sr=8-2&keywords=tplink+smart+plug

Sorry...!what are they???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Masala wrote: »
    Sorry...!what are they???

Read the description on the Amazon link.

Not your ornery onager

Don't suppose if anyone knows are Tesco doing 20% off Google Play cards in the run up to Father's Day? They are in the UK and when they did it for Mother's Day it was the same here.

I did email Tesco customer care over a week ago but they're probably waiting until the 19th to reply.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't suppose if anyone knows are Tesco doing 20% off Google Play cards in the run up to Father's Day?
    How about some Tesco Value Cards ? :pac:

http://www.code-d.com/tesco-cards/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't suppose if anyone knows are Tesco doing 20% off Google Play cards in the run up to Father's Day? They are in the UK and when they did it for Mother's Day it was the same here.

I did email Tesco customer care over a week ago but they're probably waiting until the 19th to reply.

only the ?25 denomination is reduced, it's 20% off so ?20. Wow I took the time to answer someone's small question where my emmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How about some Tesco Value Cards ? :pac:

http://www.code-d.com/tesco-cards/index.php

best ****ing bargain alert ever, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Esel wrote: »
    Read the description on the Amazon link.

Eeehhhh... still don't what they are.

So...I'm out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Masala wrote: »
    Eeehhhh... still don't what they are.

So...I'm out!!

They basically convert a standard wall socket into a socket that can connect to your wifi in your house. It means you can control appliances in your home over the internet via an app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmum

Spotted these TP-Link HS110 Wi-Fi smart plugs in Tesco Ardkeen for €10.50. More than likely the same across the Country.

4DwIHyX.jpg?1

The 2 models are nearly identical, one is priced €29.99, the other €10.50. The €10.50 barcode ends in 737 and has the little "Energy Monitoring" logo in the top left corner of the packaging.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HS110-Monitoring-Assistant-Required-UK/dp/B01IBUF48S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497539298&sr=8-2&keywords=tplink+smart+plug

Thanks a mil for this, we'd gotten one at Christmas and intended getting more. I got the last few in Drogheda this morning, great price. The barcode on the discounted ones there was 287 I think, will double check, def different to the above but with the same energy logo on the box V the full price ones with no energy logo. Marked full price on the shelf but scanned at €10.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Same in Naas unfortunately .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

Same in Tesco Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

4DwIHyX.jpg?1

Do you know full barcode by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Do you know full barcode by any chance?

6935364094287 I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Spotted these TP-Link HS110 Wi-Fi smart plugs in Tesco Ardkeen for ?10.50. More than likely the same across the Country.

4DwIHyX.jpg?1

The 2 models are nearly identical, one is priced ?29.99, the other ?10.50. The ?10.50 barcode ends in 737 and has the little "Energy Monitoring" logo in the top left corner of the packaging.

They're ?29.99 each from Amazon
    None left in Ardkeen only the other type for ?29

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bliger

Krups mini me" dolce gusto €41.71 pic from Maynooth shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

bliger wrote: »
    Krups mini me" dolce gusto €41.71 pic from Maynooth shop

1 more left in Jervis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

45l Rucksack for €7.45 great price the other sizes are from €20-€60 so dunno why this size is priced so low, seen at 2 tescos so national and not clearance price as purchased 2 and more stock came in. Bargain!

Full sized american footballs €1.95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

45l Rucksack for €7.45 great price the other sizes are from €20-€60 so dunno why this size is priced so low, seen at 2 tescos so national and not clearance price as purchased 2 and more stock came in.
    What brand and colour is it? Do you have a pic of it or the shelf tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

leck wrote: »
    What brand and colour is it? Do you have a pic of it or the shelf tag?

They only seem to have the one sort at the camping section in different sizes, its an orange and grey color. Its actually €7.75 just looking at it yesterday again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/car-air-fresheners/yankee-candle-coconut-bay-ultimate-car-jar/invt/056221

Selected scents of the above are currently selling for €1.92 in Tesco Balbriggan, though I'm sure it'll be in most stores too. They are normally €5.99 so it's a good reduction. The scents I noticed were:

Coconut
    Sour Cherry
    Cotton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

FIFA 17 and COD Infinite Warfare are available for both PS4 and XBONE for €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

will Tesco take a SuperValu voucher for an electrical item?

and can the voucher be used by another person
    ,ie: give my SuperValu voucher to a family member to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

will Tesco take a SuperValu voucher for an electrical item?

They should, restrictiuons are on things like gift cards, and lottery tickets

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

and can the voucher be used by another person
    ,ie: give my SuperValu voucher to a family member to use?

Yes I've done this

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

A few different TP-Link routers on sale in Tesco Mahon. I got AC750 Archer C2 for less than 17euro, same one on amazon is 38.50 pounds, Argos 53euro. Good few left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

A few different TP-Link routers on sale in Tesco Mahon. I got AC750 Archer C2 for less than 17euro, same one on amazon is 38.50 pounds, Argos 53euro. Good few left.

I have a C20 and like it, but would prefer a C2. Good spot for anyone who can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

good few small house appliances are marked 25% off in Tesco Ballybrack

few items are marked with even lower price

Hoover TIL2200 Iron - € 6.5 (https://www.tesco.com/direct/hoover-til2200-ironjet-steam-iron-white-red/587-5651.prd?skuId=587-5651&pageLevel=sku)
    Tesco sandwich toaster € 6.3
    Braun compact hand blender- €11 (https://www.tesco.com/direct/braun-mq100-hand-blender-white/510-7057.prd?source=others)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

What would be the difference between this and say the generic one that I have from Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Del007 wrote: »
    What would be the difference between this and say the generic one that I have from Eircom?
    More options to configure. I'd say, possibly you'll have better WiFi range. You can use those routers to expand your current wireless range. Maybe your generic Eircon router does not support 5Ghz. It depends on what's your Eircon wireless router and what's capable of doing.
    Personalization and possible room for improvement would be the chosen words.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Del007 wrote: »
    The D-Link is a router so you still need your Internet Modem to connect to the cable that comes into your house. It doesn't replace it.

You can use a long cable to locate it far from the other one and extend coverage that way to back of house or upstairs or other side of thick walls.

You can use it to share printers and usb drives over Wifi and use both bands at the same time. 5GHz is faster but 2.4GHz goes further. These features are disabled on VirginMedia basic routers.

Doesn't look like it supports DDWRT though , that would have made it a better bargain for those who like Linux routers.

D-Link are cheap and cheerful. Don't expect professional kit, or patches for firmware vulnerabilities.

Advertisement