Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any half decent laptops / computers on offer in the Tesco sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

L learning plates 2-pack: 52c

Multicoloured and plain solar light sticks: 74c

Glass candles, Tesco branded: a few are 80c

Diffusers, Tesco branded: a few are 80c also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Prestone 4L screenwash reduced to 43c, scanning at €8.75.

Bought 8. Was too guilty to make the guts of €130 in double difference cashback, so just got them to change the price at the till! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Soarer wrote: »
    Prestone 4L screenwash reduced to 43c, scanning at €8.75.

Bought 8. Was too guilty to make the guts of €130 in double difference cashback, so just got them to change the price at the till! :o

There's no way that label was still on a shelf for an offer that was over on 18/11/2016??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well spotted! Neither me or the girl saw that!

Good job I didn't go for the double discount so. They'd definitely have spotted it and I'd have no screenwash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

will Tesco take a SuperValu voucher for an electrical item?

and can the voucher be used by another person
    ,ie: give my SuperValu voucher to a family member to use?

what sort of supervalu voucher did you get? are they doing shop and spend ones?

I noticed a supervalu flyer in the door, mad that I spotted it as it was out of date, but fortunately it was for online shopping so I could not have used it in tesco, 15 off a spend of 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Good job I didn't go for the double discount so. They'd definitely have spotted it and I'd have no screenwash!

Gonna check if any of the Limerick stores have this up still :pac:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »

Yeah, had three weeks of €5 off €25 spend in June followed by four weeks of €6 off €30 for July. Am an occasional shopper in SuperValu so that would be why.

They're the best as if I actually want to use any in SuperValu, I just use the code on the voucher and still have the actual paper voucher for use in Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I think the dates on that sign refers to when the item was on sale at the higher price, ie 7.50euros. It may have been at a lower price since then, maybe 4, 5 or 6 euros. I dont think its when the item was only supposed to have been sold for 43c.

You sometime see that on Argos website too, it may say dtes when the item was on sale at the old, higher price, before being put on sale now at a lower price.

Still a great bargain though, on any date, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Balance Point Dash Cam €35 in Wexford. Claims to be 1080p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Does anybody know if, when ordering small electrical appliances for delivery, the driver can take your old device for reciclyng? I'm talking about a toaster and/or a blender

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't think so, but check if you have a local WEEE recycling centre, as everything with a plug is free to recycle in them.

http://www.weeeireland.ie/household-recycling/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

rubadub wrote: »

I noticed a supervalu flyer in the door, mad that I spotted it as it was out of date, but fortunately it was for online shopping so I could not have used it in tesco, 15 off a spend of 75.

9 off 60 and 6 off 25

15 a week for 4 weeks

The less you spend the more vouchers they give u as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

darconio wrote: »
    Does anybody know if, when ordering small electrical appliances for delivery, the driver can take your old device for reciclyng? I'm talking about a toaster and/or a blender

I'm not sure about the driver but you can bring it back to the store

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

saw on TescoIreland Fb page.
    43" Philips tv E299.99.
    Better than the usual sharp models they get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

bigmike99 wrote: »
    43" Philips tv E299.99.

I'd say staff will nab them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

43" Philips tv E299.99.

I'd say that there might be one tv on the shelves between every store in the country.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

BandMember wrote:
    I'd say that there might be one tv on the shelves between every store in the country....

Saw these in Douglas had about 10 of each model (43 + 32).I think it was 200 for the 32 inch screen one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

43" Philips tv E299.99.
    rahern wrote: »
    Saw these in Douglas had about 10 of each model (43 + 32).I think it was 200 for the 32 inch screen one
    BandMember wrote: »
    I'd say that there might be one tv on the shelves between every store in the country.... :rolleyes:

Couldnt find it on the FB page. Any other info on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Ck on shannon have loads of the 43` left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just back from Newbridge and they had 3 at the door and another 3 in the electricals. Also saw a 32" lg and Samsung for €239

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

Couldnt find it on the FB page. Any other info on them?

This is the model they have
    https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/43PFT4131_05/4000-series-full-hd-ultra-slim-led-tv-with-digital-crystal-clear

Model code visible when zoomed in so I was able to get it from the photo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

108 cm (43"), Full HD LED TV, DVB-T/T2/C 43PFT4131/05

specs https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/43PFT4131_05/4000-series-full-hd-ultra-slim-led-tv-with-digital-crystal-clear/specifications

VESA wall mount compatible 200 x 200 mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Is it a good TV spec wise?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

bailey99 wrote: »
    Is it a good TV spec wise?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Mind_the_Quality,_Feel_the_Width

It's cheap and cheerful. It's not going to be better than a top of the range Sony.

If you were considering paying €200 for a 24" this is a no brainer.

Or while the £ is low look at https://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/all-tvs/cat15430024.cat?icid=redirect_television&_WebEvents=television
    and use parcel wizard for delivery and hope you don't have to return it.

At this stage unless someone has fubar'd the basics like the user interface (ie. Sharp) the panel is the most important thing. But they rarely tell you which panel is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

there was about ten of them in tesco clarehall about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Does this TV have a Netflix app? Maybe that's a stupid question. It doesn't say it's a smart TV so maybe there are no apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bedlam in Tesco Wexford earlier,loads of Disney,Barbie,Monster High etc. reduced by up to 80%. I met women with trolley loads headed out of the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

leck wrote: »
    Does this TV have a Netflix app? Maybe that's a stupid question. It doesn't say it's a smart TV so maybe there are no apps.
    "Smart TVs" are a waste of time/money.
    Get a Firestick and plug it in !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

zerks wrote: »
    Bedlam in Tesco Wexford earlier,loads of Disney,Barbie,Monster High etc. reduced by up to 80%. I met women with trolley loads headed out of the store.

Nothing happening in my local

Advertisement