Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

billbond4 wrote: »
    "Smart TVs" are a waste of time/money.
    Get a Firestick and plug it in !

He's right. Smart TVs are not very smart

I know this is a Philips but aren't the Samsung ones hackable though? SamyGo or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

depends on the 'smart' tv? Ive a sony bravia so called smart tv that lets me add android apps, I've kodi and mobdro running perfectly fine with no need for stick or extra box? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

psycho93 wrote: »
    depends on the 'smart' tv? Ive a sony bravia so called smart tv that lets me add android apps, I've kodi and mobdro running perfectly fine with no need for stick or extra box? :eek:

Exactly! Unfortunately there's not many brands doing proper android TV, Sony, who are pricey as hell, Sharp, who don't appear to sell their ATV's over here, and Philips, who were selling ATV's through Argos but appear to have stopped. It's a bit ridiculous, cos it's a great combo solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Aye, I've got Sammy ks7000 with Freesat, 4od, Saorview, Iptv and Youtube all running on it. I have an Android box as well, but it's seldom used these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

But the problem with Smart Android TVs is that they will never get any updates, (Maybe an odd security Patch)
    Thats why the firestick is better, just buy a new one in a few years when they bring out new version, it will work faster and it will be getting updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

if only there was a forum for discussing android, smart tv's, dumb tv's, firesticks etc, and this one wouldn't get clogged up with irrelevant chatter

back to bargain alerts :

Lena Big Truxx (various)- were 24 now 8 (nenagh)
    Lena Small Truxx (various) - 3.51 or so - nenagh and coonagh cross
    lots of household items reduced - nenagh and coonagh cross
    few dolls and toys reduced too - nenagh and coonagh cross

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

billbond4 wrote: »
    But the problem with Smart Android TVs is that they will never get any updates, (Maybe an odd security Patch)
    Thats why the firestick is better, just buy a new one in a few years when they bring out new version, it will work faster and it will be getting updates.

you keep your tv for more than a few years????? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I cycle my older TVs through the house as I buy bigger ones. The kitchen TV is my living room TV from 6 years ago.

They all have Chromecasts. Lack of software updates is a real issue.

L1011 wrote: »
    I cycle my older TVs through the house as I buy bigger ones. The kitchen TV is my living room TV from 6 years ago.

I was gifted a 40" Hanspree something or other recently. It was the the first LCD big ass TV I had ever seen back in the early to mid 2000's. My brother gave it to me recently thinking it was fit for the the bin because there were issues with it powering up. Basically, it took about 60 seconds to turn on. The brother seems to forget that I am an electrician (not that it matters really) and €5.95 worth of ebay shopping for new capacitors made the TV was as good as new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

i guess i have to find out what a firestick is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

L1011 wrote: »

My sitting room TV from 9 years ago is still my sitting room TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mine is well in its teens already...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Seve OB wrote: »
    grogi wrote: »

sad-panda-meme-generator-that-makes-me-a-saaaaad-panda-6a8a0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

grogi wrote: »

the only reason mine isn't in it's teens is because I got it free. the other one we had, which was perfect (and still is... Bro in Law has is) would have been still there now

9843d1257152471-free-32-sony-tv-zurich-8048-sony-32-inch-tv-8048_1.1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

the only reason mine isn't in it's teens is because I got it free. the other one we had, which was perfect (and still is... Bro in Law has is) would have been still there now

9843d1257152471-free-32-sony-tv-zurich-8048-sony-32-inch-tv-8048_1.1.jpg

Jesus lad, you really need to update that telly!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

BandMember wrote: »

If it still works why update it. The sound on them TV's was/is so much better than a modern flatscreen too. The parents had a Philips one for well over ten years and it only recently stopped worked and had to be recycled.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Can't beat Philips.

Anyone see any bargain colour printers anywhere? I need the cheapest of cheap to print out some colour papers for a project. I have my laser for the back stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

BandMember wrote: »

It probably still has better black than 99% of the modern ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Can't beat Philips.

Anyone see any bargain colour printers anywhere? I need the cheapest of cheap to print out some colour papers for a project. I have my laser for the back stuff.

Aldi have a canon one in tomorrow around €35 with ink if I remember correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭Esel

clairek6 wrote: »
    Aldi have a canon one in tomorrow around €35 with ink if I remember correctly

Don't all printers come with ink? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Most printer refills cost you 35euro. That's were they make their money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Can't beat Philips.

For a bargain printer, search out the cheapest inks, then work backwards. Pay extra for the machine itself if you have to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Use the Computers & Technology forum for printer discussion please unless you have a printer bargain from Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

I got this digital radio in tesco Douglas over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Philips BT 3000 bluetooth speaker was priced at 75 but scanning at 40 something in Clonmel last week
    Jam Touch Blue bluetooth speaker was reduced to 15

haven't seen either in limerick stores though.

great to see that we're back posting about bargains...thanks Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

bungaro79 wrote: »
    I got this digital radio in tesco Douglas over the weekend

Many left when you got yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Many left when you got yours?

i got the second last one

Advertisement