Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

bungaro79 wrote: »
    I got this digital radio in tesco Douglas over the weekend

Tried to get this in Tesco Wexford, price €79.99 gone down to €49.99, scanned it to see if it would come up as €13.93, no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Tried to get this in Tesco Wexford, price €79.99 gone down to €49.99, scanned it to see if it would come up as €13.93, no such luck.

Have they self scanners working now?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have they self scanners working now?

It was working yesterday, very rare! one over by the bread/cakes aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

bungaro79 wrote: »
    i got the second last one

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Phillips AT899 Electric Razor - €36'ish in Nenagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Exercise equipment reduced in Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

You sure you got the same one? I tried one in Dublin. Scanned at 14.

Its not worth 14 though. Sound is terrible, and you need to buy a separate battery pack if you want to take it out of the house.

Stick to Roberts radios.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badlib

brokenarms wrote: »

Its not worth 14 though. Sound is terrible, and you need to buy a separate battery pack if you want to take it out of the house.

Stick to Roberts radios.

Got one in Douglas for 13. Shocking sound from it alright. Not worth purchasing.
    Can't believe anyone would pay full price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

A couple of Panasonic bd84eb blu ray players in Galway down to around 35 euro. Had been around the 49 mark.

brokenarms wrote: »

Stick to Roberts radios.

only one of that make on display, looks like same box, just as well by the sounds if it.

• Advertisement

coonagh cross, limerick

energiser ultimate lithium AAA - €1.05

snazzoo facepaints - butterfly €1.77 Pirate 3.60ish

white superkingsize duvet set - €10.12

sabatier carvery fork - 5.43

dvd and blu-ray players reduced

mens electric razors reduced to 63 and 57 (philips, can't remember model numbers)

crockpot reduced to €25 in coonagh cross, but none on shelf. only reduced to €37 in crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

don't know if this was mentioned before but 3 burner gas BBQ in tesco claremorris for 50 euro . There is only 1 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

ablelocks wrote: »
    crockpot reduced to €25 in coonagh cross, but none on shelf. only reduced to €37 in crescent

They drop to that price this time every year.

Even at 37, they are a bargain.

Great bit of kit.

Philips 32" HD tv 4100 series €199
    Philips 43" HD tv 4100 series €299

Tesco Carlow

30 pack of sharpies reduced from €37 to €15 in Tesco Headford road Galway. Even cheaper if you have an address in the UK you can order to https://www.tesco.com/direct/sharpie-fine-permanent-marker-pens-limited-edition-30pk/631-8360.prd?source=others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Fire safety blanket €8.47

Tundra Fire Extinguishing Spray €13.50

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Fire safety blanket €8.47

Tundra Fire Extinguishing Spray €13.50

The fire blanket has been available at that price for quite a while now and is decent value, as is the smoke alarm for €4.55 or something like that.

The fire extinguisher isn't great value at all though IMO. You get much better for a tenner when they have them in Lidl as they do regularly enough.

Quackster wrote: »
    The fire blanket has been available at that price for quite a while now and is decent value, as is the smoke alarm for €4.55 or something like that.

The fire extinguisher isn't great value at all though IMO. You get much better for a tenner when they have them in Lidl as they do regularly enough.

Not sure when the fire blanket was reduced but there was original price tag of €24 something reduced to €8.47. Its a good quality one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Philips 32" HD tv 4100 series €199
    Philips 43" HD tv 4100 series €299

are Philips still made by Philips or are they turkish rebadged cr@p ?

• Advertisement

Philips brand name was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Phillips TV's in Europe made by TP Vision

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

cheap sh!t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

cheap sh!t ?

The 32 inch is ok for the price. But it is not full HD. Bought one for my elderly parents................its fine for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tesco brand white sandwich toaster down to €4.25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

cheap sh!t ?

Not necessarily, some of their sets are easily as good as the best on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just picked up a One for All 1.5m Optical Digital cable for 4.99 in Tesco Crescent Limerick.
    Dont think its a bad price for a shop as local shop wants €15 scanned in as a TV bracket on the receipt.

Might be handy for someone out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just picked up a One for All 1.5m Optical Digital cable for 4.99 in Tesco Crescent Limerick.
    Dont think its a bad price for a shop as local shop wants €15 scanned in as a TV bracket on the receipt.

Might be handy for someone out there
    Dealz/euroshops usually best for most leads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Dealz/euroshops usually best for most leads

The leads in those places are of poor standard though. Amazon probably the best spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The leads in those places are of poor standard though. Amazon probably the best spot.

I have an iPhone and several Android devices and use cables from Dealz, I've never had a charge or a data transfer fail yet. I have, on the other hand, had an OE Fire tablet charger arrive DOA from Amazon, this after the original charger died within three months of purchase.
    The cables do what I want them to do, so why would I want to wait a week and pay ten times more from Amazon?

Advertisement