Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

What does one do there - bring it back to somebody in tesco and shove it under their nose "here smell this, it's awful"?

Pretty much. I've never had any issue bringing back any food/drink I wasn't happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

BUT I availed of this recently and one of the bottles was just OFF. I had a bottle next to it with a bottle number that was sequential or nearly sequential and it was the usual taste but the first bottle was awful.

What does one do there - bring it back to somebody in tesco and shove it under their nose "here smell this, it's awful"?

Is it a cork or screw cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Just to save me trawling through this thread- is the e10 till spit issued with a e50 spend in Dunnes accepted in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

damian139 wrote: »
    Just to save me trawling through this thread- is the e10 till spit issued with a e50 spend in Dunnes accepted in Tesco?

yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Heat 'Em Up Doner Kebab €1
    Junk food. Also £1 in UK..so I assume the price will rise.

• Advertisement

In my local Tesco,
    Galaxy Honeycomb Crisp Chocolate Bar 114G 56c
    Galaxy Cookie Crumble Chocolate Bar 114G 44c (it's yuck imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Few reductions in Nenagh.

Lindt Hazelnut box 200g €2.75.
    Green blacks choc organic sea salt 100g 79 cent. The rest were 2 euro
    Lustre twin pack fruit €1.25
    Walkers box30 pack €2.50 I think
    O Donnell's crispbox 20 pk €3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Not a bargain sorry just a warning to fellow bargain hunters- couple of weeks ago got a 6 pack of lucozade for 2.50 bargain so I thought but they are out of date since November, there was no yellow tag to say why they were discounted I presumed it was just because they are a strange flavour. Then this week I got belvita soft bakes for 1.59 (very cheap for those!) but they are out since October! But annoying they were just on the shelf with all the usual bars etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

clairek6 wrote: »
    Not a bargain sorry just a warning to fellow bargain hunters- couple of weeks ago got a 6 pack of lucozade for 2.50 bargain so I thought but they are out of date since November, there was no yellow tag to say why they were discounted I presumed it was just because they are a strange flavour. Then this week I got belvita soft bakes for 1.59 (very cheap for those!) but they are out since October! But annoying they were just on the shelf with all the usual bars etc

bring them back

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

bring them back

Too awkward I emailed customer service they said I will get a gift card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

clairek6 wrote: »

There is lots of short dated and out of date stuff in Tesco lately, since their end of year stock check?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

damian139 wrote: »

Yes, but when you used them in Dunnes, you get one back, but not in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Tesco Castlebar has Illy Espresso Dark Roast 250g at half price, was 8.19, now 4.10. Wondering if this can be used in a cafetiere or does one need a proper coffee machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Galaxy why have 1 when 2 are cheaper:
    406495.jpg

Persil is overpriced but some people swear by it

1 pack of 38 is €17.49 :eek:

2 x38 in Arklow for €13
    406496.jpg

1Litre tesco concentrated screen wash 74 cent

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

About Tesco tote bags ... today I saw a woman carrying this bag, which she said she got in Tesco Derry for £3. According to the site linked to below they went on sale in November. Has anyone seen these down here? Would love to get one, but don't see them on Tesco Direct.
    In a novel new project in time for the Christmas season, Bags of Ethics has collaborated with the Natural History Museum to create an eye-catching festive bag for retail in Tesco.

The reusable cotton shopping bag which is based on the photograph ‘Territorial strut’ by Ross Hoddinott will be available in Tesco stores and Tesco online from November 2016.
    http://bagsofethics.org/bags-of-ethics-x-the-natural-history-museum-x-wildlife-photographer-of-the-year/

Tesco Long Life AA 32 batteries €4.20
    13c per battery :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

snubbleste wrote: »

Picked these up in tesco wilton today, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

loads in paul street, priced at €12 but scanning at €4.20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Loads of what? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

snubbleste wrote: »
    Picked these up in tesco wilton today, great value.
    Esel wrote: »
    Loads of what? :)

What do ya fooking think?! :D
    Its quoted in the second post above yours...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

leck wrote:
    Tesco Castlebar has Illy Espresso Dark Roast 250g at half price, was 8.19, now 4.10. Wondering if this can be used in a cafetiere or does one need a proper coffee machine?

It might be too finely ground for a cafetiere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

What do ya fooking think?! Its quoted in the second post above yours...

You've gotta spell things out for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Does anyone know if Dunnes vouchers can be used for online Tesco shopping? Like entering the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does anyone know if Dunnes vouchers can be used for online Tesco shopping? Like entering the number.

No, instore ONLY and at cashier not "fast" check out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    Competitor coupons for our customers
    Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 23.03.2016

We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below

We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

Spend & Save coupons can be used with your Tesco Grocery home shopping. Please give the voucher to the driver when they deliver the shopping. A full refund will be processed back onto the payment card when the driver returns to the Grocery Department. If you are availing of click and collect then please present the coupon to the colleague in the click and collect unit. Our colleagues give it to their dot com manager who will arrange a refund for the customers
    I would safely assume there would be hassle and sooner use them instore if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

vicwatson wrote: »

Self check out is store dependent. Never any issues in Maynooth, refused in Lucan - not tried elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

vicwatson wrote: »
    rubadub wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

I would safely assume there would be hassle and sooner use them instore if possible.

Yes they can. Regularly used them, just give them to the driver and they sort it out.

Great! I never thought of giving them to the driver. I hope he doesn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yes they can. Regularly used them, just give them to the driver and they sort it out.

Poster asked about using the number online

• Advertisement

It's true, I thought you could enter at checkout but if the driver accepts them then that's OK too.

Advertisement