Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I got 10 for a 40 spend vouchers from Dunnes in their mailing this week. Four of them over 4 weeks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    I got 10 for a 40 spend vouchers from Dunnes in their mailing this week. Four of them over 4 weeks.

Jeez, am I the only one who didn't get these vouchers with my recent Dunnes mailing?!

Although I can't complain too much, have had plenty from SuperValu in recent weeks to use in Tesco! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Quackster wrote: »
    kn wrote: »

Jeez, am I the only one who didn't get these vouchers with my recent Dunnes mailing?!

Although I can't complain too much, have had plenty from SuperValu in recent weeks to use in Tesco! :D

I didn't get these either.Not a regular shopper in dunnes nowadays,so I presume it's just those who regularly use the shop and save vouchers,that received the €10 off €40?????

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

I'm def not a regular Dunnes grocery shopper. Prob spent a max of 20 Euro in total there since Xmas. And I received the 4 X 10 Euro off vouchers in the post.

valc wrote: »
    I'm def not a regular Dunnes grocery shopper. Prob spent a max of 20 Euro in total there since Xmas. And I received the 4 X 10 Euro off vouchers in the post.

I am a regular shopper in Dunnes and use the €10 off €50 vouchers so that would explain why I didn't get them. Turns out another family member who won't use them did get them though so all's well! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I'm a regular Dunnes shopper too. I didn't get any spend and save voucher in the latest mailing. But my friend who is an average Dunnes shopper got them. I don't know what's the logic behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

etselbbuns wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a list of the 800 products? Or any stand-out bargains?
    That sounds interesting. They had some sort of price match thing a year or so ago. Some poster was getting tesco finest basmati rice which is pretty expensive. I think they got a refund on the difference between tesco & aldi (or lidl), so it ended up cheaper than buying tesco cheapo value basmati. Tesco at the time had 3 or 4 basmatis, tesco value, bog standard and finest. The trick was that the likes of lidl/aldi often will just have 1 type, a bog standard one, on a par with tescos regular own brand.

Since tesco now appear to be labelling the 800 it is less likely you will get anomolies like this.
    mac.in wrote: »
    I'm a regular Dunnes shopper too. I didn't get any spend and save voucher in the latest mailing. But my friend who is an average Dunnes shopper got them. I don't know what's the logic behind it.
    The logic is that they do not have to give any bonus to a customer who is already seemingly happy to shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭bliger

tesco in maynooth doing clearance on towels, candles, and kitchenware some items are greatly reduced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

Tesco tuna chunks in sunflower oil 400g €1.75
    This is currently the cheapest tinned tuna around. UK has it for £2.75

Also Tesco wild pacific pink salmon 212g is a bargain at https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258098062

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tinned salmon 89c all the time in ALDI if I'm not mistaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Carmen Reserva Carmenere €6, reduced from €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Carmen Reserva Carmenere €6, reduced from €15.

Which shop

my local is reduced from €15 to €9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

deckie27 wrote: »
    Which shop

my local is reduced from €15 to €9

Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mallow

Oops.

Also 6 in Navan.
    Thanks

T Milk 3l was €2.19 now €2.
    A permanent reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Same in aldi. Suppose they're matching the longntime dunnes 2 for €4 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A permanent reduction.

When the farmers get wind of it no doubt there will be protests at each store.

A permanent reduction.

Still not as cheap as 2 x 2l for €2.50 in Iceland and Centz but a welcome development nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Same in Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭bromley52

May be nation wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Quackster wrote: »
    Still not as cheap as 2 x 2l for €2.50 in Iceland and Centz but a welcome development nonetheless.

If you use the €10 off €50 promotion, Dunnes is cheaper. It's 2 × 3l for €4, which works out as €0.54 per litre if you spend €50 in total.

More permanently cheaper stuff
    T roasted and salted mixed nuts 200g €2.49 €1.59
    T 50 sausage rolls 800g €2.00 €1.50
    T un/smoked back rashers 400g €2.24 €1.99
    T battered/breaded cod fillets 500g €2.24 €1.99
    T squash double concentrated 1.5l range €1.65 €1.29
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

HI does anyone know if Tesco take gift cards when doing shopping online thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

noble00 wrote: »

I had one recently and I think you could only use it on books/flowers/CD's online!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

That's a pity thank you

:mad: :mad:
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

In their 4 for €6 range. 4 DrOketker pizzas for €6. That'll do nicely.

Naas, but should be everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

As is mini waffles bag and 2 chicken birds eye stuff. However 4 birds eye chicken packs are 2.50

Advertisement