Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got no money off vouchers. Just the €70 in voucher and €65 we had saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I got 2 x €16 off an €85 spend.
    Can you use these online? They don't seem to have an online code like the cash ones do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RossieMan wrote: »
    No it's one only. They aren't stupid I'm afraid.

So in effect one needs to spend 120 and you can get 25 off by combining the vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

We got our today, €20 off €120 spend, no way we could spend that amount in a week! They will be left unused

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    We got our today, €20 off €120 spend, no way we could spend that amount in a week! They will be left unused

I got €10 off €50 I spend very little in Tesco usually.

• Advertisement

Offer them to a fellow boardsie so as they aren't wasted no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I’ll take it off your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,424 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought you need the clubcard to match the voucher? Could be wrong.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »

Just say you left your clubcard at home, they don't really care, or use the express check out.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

odyssey06 wrote: »

I passed on surplus Tesco spend & save vouchers last year, along with a spare key-fob. (And will do the same again this year should I get more vouchers than I can use!)

If no spare key-fob to hand, just include the Clubcard number scribbled on a piece of paper and it can be typed in manually at the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they sell booze!

I was in Tesco at the weekend and their was a little booklet with coupons that gave you 200/(Various amounts) extra clubcard points for buy certain items.
    We got a similar booklet in the summer mailing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I got my clubcard vouchers but no money off vouchers. Do they arrive together usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I got my clubcard vouchers but no money off vouchers. Do they arrive together usually?
    Vouchers were in three page leaflet. Money off coupons were in booklet which was in same envelope. At a glance you might just think it was advertising and chuck it in the bin.

Thanks, they're in the green bin so. Not sure it's worth looking for them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,879 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,424 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks, they're in the green bin so. Not sure it's worth looking for them. :eek:

This is surely not in the true spirit of the bargain alerts forum. Does the charter not say "We shall not stop at dumpster diving if it means grabbing a bargain." ???

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Dig them out and offer them to someone (not me), gwan it’s nearly Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but if I spend €70 in Tesco - can I use a Dunnes Stores shop & save voucher (€10 off when you spend €50) followed by using a €12 off Tesco voucher (spend €60 get €12 off) and then use money off vouchers (i.e all in one shopping visit)?
    Thanks

Went through the green bin and there was none in the envelope.

Really annoying. Why would I shop in Tesco every week when they didn't bother to send me any? Dunnes Stores it is for me so.

• Advertisement

Logo wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking the thread, but if I spend €70 in Tesco - can I use a Dunnes Stores shop & save voucher (€10 off when you spend €50) followed by using a €12 off Tesco voucher (spend €60 get €12 off) and then use money off vouchers (i.e all in one shopping visit)?
    Thanks

We never had an issue doing this in our local Tesco!
    Just go to go to self service put through €70 of shopping get the voucher put in and then do the same with the other shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Logo wrote: »
    Thanks
    No.
    When you use the money off vouchers, the total will be less than 70.
    Also, the 12 off 60 cannot be used with any other spend and save coupon.

We never had an issue doing this in our local Tesco!
    Just go to go to self service put through €70 of shopping get the voucher put in and then do the same with the other shop.

They don't take the 10 off 50 dunnes vouchers at the self service checkout in some Tesco's, if not all

vicwatson wrote: »
    They don't take the 10 off 50 dunnes vouchers at the self service checkout in some Tesco's, if not all

Sorry wasn't aware of this. It's no issue in my local Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

No issue in Jervis, Parnell Street or Tallaght ime either - they need to be inputted manually though

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Nor mine. Seems to be hit-and-miss depending on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Various Club Orange, Rock shandy, lemon
    7 up, Pepsi, TK lemonade, Cidona and a few others
    2L

Are 5 for 5 euro until 5 dec

These are €7.50. They are normally about €10!
    24058767_1734561963243690_7696050469712817180_n.jpg?oh=e8efb6b54eb3503e83fb41b8b62386a6&oe=5A9358BB

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Hi everyone, I used a Supervalu €6 off €30, Dunnes €10 off 50 and Tesco €15 off 70 in one basket. Got girl to stop each time. Got most of my Christmas drinks sorted. Once they wouldn't allow me to use €10 off 50 Dunnes voucher as I was buying jeans. Left jeans behind as well as other groceries, made complaint on their Facebook page. Tesco messaged me and I got €20 voucher in post. Ended up getting jeans free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hi everyone, I used a Supervalu €6 off €30, Dunnes €10 off 50 and Tesco €15 off 70 in one basket. Got girl to stop each time. Got most of my Christmas drinks sorted. Once they wouldn't allow me to use €10 off 50 Dunnes voucher as I was buying jeans. Left jeans behind as well as other groceries, made complaint on their Facebook page. Tesco messaged me and I got €20 voucher in post. Ended up getting jeans free.

That's an interesting one, the Dunnes vouchers can't be used on Dunnes clothing so I suppose technically Tesco were right to refuse if they followed conditions on the Dunnes voucher, sound of them to sort you :D

Advertisement