Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Yes but in Tesco all is together so head office states that they must take the vouchers for everything.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yes but in Tesco all is together so head office states that they must take the vouchers for everything.

Not necessarily. I've received Tesco vouchers in the past that are only valid for, say, clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Graham Norton New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot, normally sells at €12-€15 per bottle (fact), is currently 6 for €50.00 less 5% off original price (€3.60) so 6 bottles of good wine for €46.40 or €7.73 per bottle.

Have others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,422 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco seemed to have raised the game in the Dine in for Two €10 deal... now includes a whole corn fed chicken!
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32306575

Just had the Monkfish fillets with chunky chips, and petits poits, leeks and pancetta... washed down with a NZ sauvignon blanc from the 6 for €50 wine special. I had my doubts about monkfish fillets from a supermarket meal deal, but they were fantastic.

Dessert to follow...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,422 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

vicwatson wrote: »
    Graham Norton New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot, normally sells at €12-€15 per bottle (fact), is currently 6 for €50.00 less 5% off original price (€3.60) so 6 bottles of good wine for €46.40 or €7.73 per bottle.

Point of order, it's a GN Shiraz not Merlot (I was getting my hopes up!).

But other than that, great deal:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32331469

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Always looking after the Sauvignon Blanc drinkers. That Casillero Pinot Grigio is bloody awful

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Point of order, it's a GN Shiraz not Merlot (I was getting my hopes up!).

But other than that, great deal:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32331469

Whoopsie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cadburys Heroes 606 grms for 4 euro - save 4.95.
    They're having a laugh. The most these are worth is 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

One4All automatic 3 port HDMI switcher was something like €22 in Clearwater when I saw it the weekend, probably the same price in all stores that sell it. It's currently €36.95 in Powercity which seems to be the standard price in b&m stores.

http://www.oneforall.com/sv1630-automatic-hdmi-switch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Do Tesco still take competitors' spend and save vouchers, including till spits e.g dunnes €10 off €50? It has been a while since I used one and I noticed they have taken down the signs to that effect in my local store, so was wondering if they were no longer doing it?

Thanks
    Well they are still taking them in my local store!
    slave1 wrote: »
    They do and Supervalu have them in their current mailings, we have 6 off 30 spend, one a week for the next 4 weeks

Sorry, not a bargain, but does anyone know if Tesco accept competitor vouchers for a specific branch?

The folks got 4 x 10 off 50 Aldi vouchers through the door, to be used in their local Aldi, which was closed for refurbishment (presume that's the reason for the vouchers).

Can they be used in Tesco (not in the same town, but 15 miles away)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sorry, not a bargain, but does anyone know if Tesco accept competitor vouchers for a specific branch?

The folks got 4 x 10 off 50 Aldi vouchers through the door, to be used in their local Aldi, which was closed for refurbishment (presume that's the reason for the vouchers).

Well I know my local Tesco used to anyway but the competitors vouchers were always from a town nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

ThisRegard wrote: »
    One4All automatic 3 port HDMI switcher was something like €22 in Clearwater when I saw it the weekend, probably the same price in all stores that sell it. It's currently €36.95 in Powercity which seems to be the standard price in b&m stores.

http://www.oneforall.com/sv1630-automatic-hdmi-switch.html

home store & more, have these for 9.99 < without the remote control

just in case people wants a cheaper option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

hearsay wrote: »

Do either actually work?
    I've bought a couple of models from amazon and none functioned correctly so had to be returned. Would gladly try any of these if they're working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

UsedToWait wrote: »

They might. Is that the nearest tesco to the Aldi being refurbished?

Last time i had these they took them in the nearest Tesco but also in 2 tescos that were further away. I asked at customer service desk before shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

hearsay wrote: »

I think the ones without the remote control need to be powered by mains, whereas the ones that come with the remote are HDMI powered (I may be wrong on that, but I saw something along those lines on a FAQ on the One4All website.)
    Do either actually work?
    I've bought a couple of models from amazon and none functioned correctly so had to be returned. Would gladly try any of these if they're working.

When I went to set mine up I realised I was a HDMI cable short and couldn't have been arse getting into the attic to get one, but the only issues I've read about them is that the automatic switching doesn't always work as expected for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CH3OH wrote: »
    Various Club Orange, Rock shandy, lemon
    7 up, Pepsi, TK lemonade, Cidona and a few others
    2L

Are 5 for 5 euro until 5 dec

just seeing that now online, and these are all still 2L bottles unlike coke and their 1.75L

full list of 5 for 5 here, there are tonic waters and ginger ale too
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32328949

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks for the tip on the finest dine for two range. Some lovely food ordered! The diet can be forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local Tesco has boxes of Kellogg Rice krispies(1.1kg) and Corn Flakes(1.2kg) for €4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Probably posted already but Walkers Thai red spicey Sensations are 50 cent a bag in tesco paul st

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco Soda Water 1 Litre 29 cents. Really cheap. But don't get the 4 pack.
    This is likely the old price matching/bettering trick -while the mindless morons will just presume mulitpacks are cheaper and grab them instead.

Tesco now have a 2L ginger beer with no added sugar for just 48c. I tried it but was not a big fan but am not really a ginger beer fan anyway, a friend who was liked it. I gave it a try at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This tinned salmon was reduced to €1.95
    It had a 'discontinued' sel.
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258098091

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

zell12 wrote: »
    This tinned salmon was reduced to €1.95
    It had a 'discontinued' sel.
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258098091

Which Tesco store had this on offer, it's a steal at that price. Well be checking my local in Roselawn later. Not showing up on www.tesco.ie
    Cheers freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    Which Tesco store had this on offer, it's a steal at that price. Well be checking my local in Roselawn later. Not showing up on www.tesco.ie
    It's being discontinued, I'm sure it's gone now, it's only 50% off, was €3.89

L'or coffee range 50% off, reduced to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

zell12 wrote: »
    L'or coffee range 50% off, reduced to clear

Not in Mahon Point anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not in Mahon Point anyway.

Not in Lucan, Celbridge or Maynooth.
    Note- Maynooth has some smaller new jars- 165grm- replacing the 200grm jars- but they're not discounting their stocks of the 200grm jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Hi guys a lot of dog treats reduced.

This box of treats has ten pouches inside and is scanning for 4 euro but marked 11.50 on shelf

EDIT : didn't allow me attach picture as too big. It's big box of Pedigree Mega Box of Rodeo Treats with 10 bags in the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Green & Blacks Milk And White Mini Chocolate Bars 12, 75% off now only 2.49

Advertisement