Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

in case people missed the other threads and are subscribed to this. Sunday world (E2.50) have 10 off a 50euro spend for dunnes/tesco today, valid till 7th feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

12 pack tayto assorted flavours pack, branded €3. SEL Priced at €1.50 Tesco Mahon. Paul St has these at €3.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

10% off 25eur itunes vouchers until Feb 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Bargains at Tesco are thin on the ground these days. I've noticed very few recently. Just these few:

2018 Diaries 75% off
    2018 Calendars 75 % off
    Amaryllis, hyacinths, paperwhites in bowls/glass containers 75% off (that was two weeks ago, prob all gone now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Bargains at Tesco are thin on the ground these days. I've noticed very few recently. Just these few:

2018 Diaries 75% off
    2018 Calendars 75 % off
    Amaryllis, hyacinths, paperwhites in bowls/glass containers 75% off (that was two weeks ago, prob all gone now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Lindt big bars of dark chocolate (78%) and lime flavour down to 70 cent and 67 cent all other flavours > €2

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Bulmers 500ml cans, original, light, pear and strawberry/lime are scanning through tills at 2 for 2euro.
    They should be 4for8 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gobo99 wrote: »
    Bulmers 500ml cans, original, light, pear and strawberry/lime are scanning through tills at 2 for 2euro.
    They should be 4for8 euro.
    The pear one is great if you're constipated.:D

coke 1.75L are 2 for 3.50, but there are also 2L coke zeros at the same price, diet coke shows online too but I saw none in the shop.

they are called 1.75L +250ml free and not in contour bottles.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

valid until 6/3/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭septictank

Tesco Cabra, Bakers best 6 pack Jumbo Sausage rolls, 6x170g, coming up as Chicken slice €1.00. Large black box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

4 x 1 litre Soda Water €0.99. When I posted before it was €2.56 even though the individual bottles were only €0.29 each.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256608707

4 x 1 litre Soda Water €0.99. When I posted before it was €2.56 even though the individual bottles were only €0.29 each.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256608707

Smaller packs are often cheaper in tesco. You see people blindly getting big packs presuming they were cheaper. In fact I remember one poster actually asking if this was legal!!!

On example is toilet roll, the nicky 3 ply elite is cheaper per roll in the 4 pack than the 9 pack, note it is part of the "800", it could be price matching other supermarkets
    Nicky Elite Toilet Tissue 9 Roll
    This product features as part of The 800

Rest of Toilet Roll shelf
    €4.50 (€0.50/each)
    Add to basket

Quantity

Add to basket
    Nicky Elite T/Tissues White 4 Rolls
    This product features as part of The 800

Rest of Toilet Roll shelf
    €1.79 (€0.45/each

the nicky 2 ply version is the other way around, the 4 pack is dearer per roll as most would expect.

Some other products are just barely cheaper in mulitpacks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Indeed, that is very common with lots of products.

But for multi packs they go to the trouble of printing special labels with no barcode. I know because I picked up two bottles of the soda water recently, and only realised there was no barcode when I went to the till. The conclusion was that someone had opened the multipack of four. It was a really weird pricing which went on for a long time, but someone saw sense in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

5 for €5 on certain medium Easter Eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Tesco strawberries, priced at 2.49 but scanning for 1 euro in tesco Douglas and wilton

Dunnes vouchers in sunday independent, can be used in tesco
    Dunnes voucher in Tomorrow's life magazine in the Independent! €10 off €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

New range of frozen poultry products
    Chicken kievs 250g €1.08
    Chicken burgers 456g €1.08
    Chicken steaks 380g €1.64

and others
    *may contain horse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just size 4 39 (active fit)pack was reduced in Arklow to €2.25 from €8.99

445279.jpg

(could be clearance as Pampers reduce pack size?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon".

Will make bargain hunting a lot easier in future!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon"!
    I heard they were in mine too, and heard checkout ladies were saying people were strolling out with stolen vodka. Could depend on the area where they last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon".

Will make bargain hunting a lot easier in future!

The Tesco App is good too, simply scan the barcode with your phone and it will give the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Tesco App is good too, simply scan the barcode with your phone and it will give the price.

Cool, never knew that, off to download the app ! Fairly accurate?

M

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cool, never knew that, off to download the app ! Fairly accurate?

Yes has worked every time for me, it's very handy where you see a price online but you're unsure if the offer is on or not as pricing on shelves is sometimes not updated, particularly for alcohol deals :D. I find the instore checkers have almost all been disabled or have been removed.

Now where there's instore specials that might be specific to 1 store or stock is being sold off for a few cents it may not work for those.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Do Tesco take the 15 and 20% off cards that Supervalu have started giving customers?
    I.e. these are plastic credit cards- valid in all branches and for a percentage discount rather than a set amount?
    The batch they sent out last week seem to be valid until the 11th May- which is a reasonable stretch too.
    I'm guessing Supervalu are trying to short circuit Tesco recycling their vouchers- and tackle Dunnes head-on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Do Tesco take the 15 and 20% off cards that Supervalu have started giving customers?
    I.e. these are plastic credit cards- valid in all branches and for a percentage discount rather than a set amount?
    The batch they sent out last week seem to be valid until the 11th May- which is a reasonable stretch too.
    I'm guessing Supervalu are trying to short circuit Tesco recycling their vouchers- and tackle Dunnes head-on at the same time.

I doubt it, without a paper trail it would be open to abuse and staff may get questioned. I noticed the past few weeks the SV spend & saves are coming through the app only and not in paper vouchers - I instantly thought it was to stop people using them in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I think they've removed that feature (it's not there anymore on the app on my phone).

They have the handheld scanners in Greystones now too - about time, they had them in Superquinn 15 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,422 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I doubt it, without a paper trail it would be open to abuse and staff may get questioned. I noticed the past few weeks the SV spend & saves are coming through the app only and not in paper vouchers - I instantly thought it was to stop people using them in tesco.

Maybe it's time for me to install the app... before I do that, just wondering if anyone has received paper spend & save vouchers from Supervalu in March?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for me to install the app... before I do that, just wondering if anyone has received paper spend & save vouchers from Supervalu in March?

Nope- got a plastic credit card valid in all branches of Supervalu until the 11th May- worth 15% off whatever the bill comes to. The wife got a 20% off one.

M

loyatemu wrote: »
    I think they've removed that feature (it's not there anymore on the app on my phone).

They have the handheld scanners in Greystones now too - about time, they had them in Superquinn 15 years ago!

It's there if you click on the search icon, then at the top right of the screen that opens there's a barcode graphic, select this and it will activate camera to allow you scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Nope- got a plastic credit card valid in all branches of Supervalu until the 11th May- worth 15% off whatever the bill comes to. The wife got a 20% off one.

Is there a minimum spend involved with these new cards?

Advertisement