Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum spend involved with these new cards?

No- its a straight 15 or 20% off- with a barcode on the card which is scanned at the till and the deduction is automatically calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I doubt it, without a paper trail it would be open to abuse and staff may get questioned. I noticed the past few weeks the SV spend & saves are coming through the app only and not in paper vouchers - I instantly thought it was to stop people using them in tesco.

Maybe it's time for me to install the app... before I do that, just wondering if anyone has received paper spend & save vouchers from Supervalu in March?

I got 3 weeks of supervalu paper vouchers today . Spend n save as well as a booklet of the 50c off products ones.

I have not installed the app.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for me to install the app... before I do that, just wondering if anyone has received paper spend & save vouchers from Supervalu in March?

Not since before Christmas. I've had €8 off €40 spend and save vouchers in the app for several weeks now.

No- its a straight 15 or 20% off- with a barcode on the card which is scanned at the till and the deduction is automatically calculated.

Is your local SuperValu an ex-SuperQuinn?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Quackster wrote: »
    Is your local SuperValu an ex-SuperQuinn?

Errr- yes (Lucan)....... The card says its valid in all Supervalus nationwide though- its not associated with any particular store- and I've used it twice so far- in Celbridge.

• Advertisement

Errr- yes (Lucan)....... The card says its valid in all Supervalus nationwide though- its not associated with any particular store- and I've used it twice so far- in Celbridge.

Cool. I've a feeling these are only distributed to customers who's local SuperValu is company-owned and/or customers in the Greater Dublin area where SuperValu's market share is lower than in the rest of the country.

Pringles 200g tubs €1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pringles 200g tubs €1

You mean e2 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You mean e2 no?

No they are €1 online

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You mean e2 no?

They are €1 in my one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You mean e2 no?

No - original and sour cream and onion were definitely 1 euro when I was in Tesco yesterday - the shelf labels for the other flavours still said 2 euro (but that might have been an oversight).

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just checked online and all 200g tubes of pringles (except Tortilla @ €2) are €1

D.

Beaten to it......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

****ers, they had a big pallet of them right as you come in the front door of my local Tesco with €2 wrote all over them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

They scanned as €2 in Nutgrove but when I mentioned it they gave me a €1 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

At our shop the self scanner yolkies were scanning the pringles at 2 euro, the tills scan at 1 though. When they did the check we told them and got them for 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

/\/ollog wrote: »
    At our shop the self scanner yolkies were scanning the pringles at 2 euro, the tills scan at 1 though. When they did the check we told them and got them for 1 euro.

2 big display stands here in Wexford, marked €1. Think there were 4 flavours - cheese n onion, sour cream n onion, salt n vinegar, something else.

Also just before these they had Tesco hot cross buns pack of 4 at 35c! (€1 off!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,422 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's 33% off the Carvery-style Angus Beef Rib Roast (on the bone) at the butcher's counter... about as fine a joint of beef as you can get.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=291683264

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    2 big display stands here in Wexford, marked €1. Think there were 4 flavours - cheese n onion, sour cream n onion, salt n vinegar, something else.

Also just before these they had Tesco hot cross buns pack of 4 at 35c! (€1 off!)

33c;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

vicwatson wrote: »
    33c;)

Ya nitpicker, ya! 😀 I did notice it but couldn't be arsed to go back and edit it. My 2 cents worth ...
    ( Dunno why my smiley came out like that. Oh well :) 😀 )

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Ya nitpicker, ya! �� I did notice it but couldn't be arsed to go back and edit it. My 2 cents worth ...
    ( Dunno why my smiley came out like that. Oh well :) �� )

:) I was factually joking.

• Advertisement

€10 off €50 dunnes voucher in the Sunday World paper tomorrow :) These can be used in Tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

€10 off €50 dunnes voucher in the Sunday World paper tomorrow :) These can be used in Tesco :)

And as always buy the paper as part of your 50 shop for best value (unless you intend spending over 50)

The voucher is in their attempt at a magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco has introduced even more new low cost frozen food - beef, fish, chicken, etc
    Anyone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco has introduced even more new low cost frozen food - beef, fish, chicken, etc

I don't but you reminded me they reduced prices on lots of own brand cereals too

Tesco Bran Flakes Cereal 500G 53c
    Tesco Malt Wheats Cereal 750G 83c
    Tesco Fruit And Fibre Cereal 750G 89c
    Tesco Special Flakes Cereal 500G 99c
    Tesco Choco Snaps Cereal 600G 1.25
    Tesco Malt Wheats Golden Syrup Cereal (and other flavours) 500G 1.49
    Tesco Wheat Biscuits Cereal 24 Pack 1.79

That's more to do with price-matching Aldi.

However, they've introduced
    Hearty Food Co 10 Cod Fish Cakes 500g €1.40
    Butchers Choice 8 Burgers 397g €1.52
    Tesco Cooked Sliced Chicken 340g €2.00
    Tesco 20 Beef Meatballs 400g €2.00
    Hearty Food Co 4 Fish Steaks In Butter Sauce 552g €2.24

All seem like excellent offers, even if the meat content is lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

All flavours of Pringles were €1 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

how are you discovering these new items on the website?

I did a search there using the site command and found many, but wonder is there another way

"new product" site:tesco.ie

There is a new brand called "Ms. Molly's", I wonder if this is a tesco "phantom brand", i.e. really tesco but trying to make out like its a real non tesco brand.

They have chocolate biscuits and ice creams
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=ms%20molly%27s

Ms Molly's Chocolate Digestives 300G €0.45

tesco own brand are 1 cent less.

The Ms Molly chocolate chip cookies are 43c 250g, tesco own brand are 61c 250g

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Zico !

That's more to do with price-matching Aldi.

However, they've introduced
    Hearty Food Co 10 Cod Fish Cakes 500g €1.40
    Butchers Choice 8 Burgers 397g €1.52
    Tesco Cooked Sliced Chicken 340g €2.00
    Tesco 20 Beef Meatballs 400g €2.00
    Hearty Food Co 4 Fish Steaks In Butter Sauce 552g €2.24

All seem like excellent offers, even if the meat content is lower.

That would be the horse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

wine offer . Not bad if you have a spare Dunnes voucher.
    (Unsure when it finishes)

WK03_%20Website_Panels_767x318px_Spring_Clean2.jpg

• Advertisement

24 cans Guinness for €20 and posh nosh
    ymZUz83.jpg?1

Advertisement