Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

When are the coke offers over?? And when are the Easter eggs one over?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pussyhands wrote: »
    When are the coke offers over?? And when are the Easter eggs one over?

tomorrow- they were a 3 day offer. Many branches are out of stock anyway- so it may very well be moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got down 2 full boxes of the creme egg 5 for 5 eggs. They were on the top shelf hidden behind other large eggs, so keep an eye out.

I was just getting the 5 but when I cracked open the box the gannets swooped and so I got another down for them.

Another woman was fishing down freddo eggs with a broom she got in the hardware section next to the eggs!

I saw people with rolo eggs, no sign of these in the main section, there were rakes of smarties eggs in the veg section and might have been other boxes dotted around the shop like this so have a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Same with me with the mi wadi. There was only 4 left on a stand and none in the section. As I was walking around someone had put 4 back on a shelf in the crisp section so I got my fifth one. That’s a great offer 3.19 each or 5for5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^Ninja Edit :p

I was very bemused at first, thought Tesco had REALLY branched out!

• Advertisement

^Ninja Edit :p

I was very bemused at first, thought Tesco had REALLY branched out!
    Haha, damn predictive text. Didn’t think anyone would notice. Meant to say tayto :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tattoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,798 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco instant custard powder 28c
    bb March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

zell12 wrote: »
    Which store? I'm getting
    Sorry, this product is currently not available
    online and didn't see it in my local

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Camp Coffee (what used to be Irel) €1.40 in Claremorris. Looks like a clearance item, but see it's still 2.79 online. If you use this for making coffee cake, it can be hard to find. I didn't notice it in Tesco before, it's sometimes available in SuperValu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

leck wrote: »
    Camp Coffee (what used to be Irel) €1.40 in Claremorris. Looks like a clearance item, but see it's still 2.79 online. If you use this for making coffee cake, it can be hard to find. I didn't notice it in Tesco before, it's sometimes available in SuperValu.

Camp is not Irel rebranded, both existed alongside each other for years. Don't even think they taste the same.

https://www.facebook.com/BallymaloeCookerySchool/photos/a.10151933489062451/10153653090287451/?type=1&theater
    Interesting to hear that Irel is superior! Have never tried Camp, but presumed they were more or less the same. Will trawl my local supermarkets today and snap up any bottles I find

bottles seem identical which is why some might think it is rebranded.

12108057_10153653090287451_4525422884991719402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=ea8dad179e0b723aec97cdd22acb3d52&oe=5D445D08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Tesco have their own brand pepperoni pizza for 61c. And is quite nice similar to the Goodfellas thin one.

Edit: The brand of it is Hearty food

Luap wrote: »
    Tesco have their own brand pepperoni pizza for 61c. And is quite nice similar to the Goodfellas thin one.

Edit: The brand of it is Hearty food
    this is the stonebaked one. I think I have only seen it 2-3 times in my tesco, it is always sold out right away, even more than the battered chicken dippers.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300285831

be careful as the other very similar looking one can be dumped in the same section, or below it and you think it is the right one.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=299425011

I add my own extra toppings, I do not think the pizza is that great, but fine for 61cent. Tesco do grated mozarella 250g for 99c which is good. 250g grated tesco cheddar is 1.69. The mozarella browns really well like a proper pizza, the proper ball of mozarella has a lot more moisture so does not brown as easily.

grolsch/molson/carslberg/bud/carling cans

Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 4/4/2019 until 22/4/2019

Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue 9 Roll White
    €2.79

the 4 pack of the same is 2euro.

This is not advertised as an offer, it might be another sneaky price matching thing but they had plenty. There are cheaper ones, likely what was tesco value and now under a "phantom brand name", but would likely be terrible.

£3.35 on the uk site

They got rid of their bargain laundry liquid (€1.27/l)
    and
    replaced with a more expensive product (€3.51/l) :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

It seems to be widespread. Their own brand Cereals got really cheap last year but have jumped up again. Like 80c going to €1.20 leaps.

They're getting rid of the baby brand (don't know what it was called. Probably Tesco Baby or something). My local had baby bubble bath reduced to 14c a bottle but the shelf was cleared. It should be nationwide though.

bargain cod liver oil capsules (~47c), mouthwash (500ml 79c), vitamin c (~50c), tesco bath foam (~70c/l)
    all gone

cans coke x20
    diet/zero coke x24
    Any 2 For 15.00 Save 5.00
    valid from 10/4/2019 until 21/4/2019

tesco hot cross buns 33c for 4, think it was till 15th, not showing online.

9x2finger kit kat regular/lemon/dark/darkmint/cookies&cream/
    valid from 3/4/2019 until 30/4/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

zell12 wrote: »
    They got rid of their bargain laundry liquid (€1.27/l)
    and
    replaced with a more expensive product (€3.51/l) :mad: :mad:

Snakes.

I used to use the non bio stuff and it was grand. Was something like 1.12 or so for 960mls. Now it's nearly 4 quid for 700 odd mls.

• Advertisement

guinness & heineken Any 24 For 24.00
    valid from 7/4/2019 until 22/4/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bulmers cans €26 for 24
    Budweiser cans €20 for 24
    In tesco until the 24th of April

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭CH3OH

25% OFF ON 6 BOTTLES OF WINES
    The items below are only available for deliveries on or before Monday 22nd April 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Not really a grocery item , but may be of use to someone,

In Arklow, there was a large basket of reduced Nicorette chewing gum
    reduced from €11 to €2

short dated best before April 19

477786.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's not best before, that's use by, they are out of date and AFAIK it is illegal to have out of date medicines on display for sale in Ireland and Tesco are open to fines

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    That's not best before, that's use by, they are out of date and AFAIK it is illegal to have out of date medicines on display for sale in Ireland and Tesco are open to fines

There is over 2 weeks left in April. You’d surely get through a pack in 2 weeks

It’s not the end of April yet so they won’t get fined

They have to be used before April 2019, look, going OT, they are only slightly out of date but still Tesco are wrong to be selling them

They have to be used before April 2019, look, going OT, they are only slightly out of date but still Tesco are wrong to be selling them

Plenty of time to chew a pack or two depending on the amount the person smokes, better to reduce them for a day or two rather than dump them

• Advertisement

They can claim the purchase cost back off the manufacturer and they can't just dump them, highly regulated regarding their end of life safe disposal

Advertisement