Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I replant these berries from the garden bush!?

Options
  • 19-09-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering could someone please tell me can I take these berries and just replant them as they are!??

If not what should I do?

Please and thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You'd do better to plant cuttings .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The leaves look like Euonymus, or at a push, Escallonia, but the berries don't look right for either. The berries look more like Sarcococca, so rather unhelpfully, I have to say, no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Leaves look like Laurel to me. Is there a Laurel with black berries?

Can't help with replanting them, though, as an experiment, no harm in trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Berries started out hard green, turned red, then to the way they are now soft purple!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Laurel can have black berries (poisonous) but I am not familiar with that particular variety - the leaves look small.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Looks like a Laurel to me too. Just take cuttings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I think it's a laurel. I have one outside, the birds are feasting on those berries ATM. Get some rooting powder and take a few cuttings. I don't think you'll have much luck planting berries.

Advertisement