Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen bike!

• 19-09-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Stolen bike!

Night 18-19 September the bike was stolen in Waterford apartments (Poleberry-Ozier Park)!
    The bike was new (4 months) and it's not even fully paid yet.
    It's my husband way to go to work. Can you share it?
    The bike was:
    GIANT Roam 3 Medium
    Serial number: K65046149
    Black
    It has attached the small part near back wheel for baby trailor
    Has the sticker from Altitude on the frame.
    I have only two photos of this bike with my husband so I'm adding as well picture from the internet.

PLEASE HELP us find this person
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,931 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

its probably a good idea to inform the gardai but be aware, the likelihood of getting this back is very slim. a friend has had three bikes stolen in the last couple of years, two from his garage, none have returned. gardai informed him that theres a large bike theft ring in operation and they cant really do much about it. bikes are moving up and down , and in and out of the country the whole time. dont be surprised if this bike has already left the county. post as much info including pics online asap, you may get lucky. you have just reminded me to look into insurance for my own bike. best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Clonard Park, Ballybeg. Just a suggestion if you happen to be out that way!

Skiera wrote: »
    Stolen bike!

PLEASE HELP us find this person

Is it a bike or a missing person you're looking for?

The Gardaí already know who the culprits are but you'll have to do
    the groundwork, in other word walk the beat in the area.

Speak softly and carry a big stick! Theodore Roosevelt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

So sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. You should also post your message over on the Stolen Bikes thread on the cycling forum of Boards. I really hope you get it back.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324

Sorry about the bike OP.

I didn't kwow there was a bike stealing ring in Waterford, I better lock my bike more carefully when I am in WIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

There's lots of scum around....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

JB2lxJQ.jpg

Said bike model in picture, black, orange Altitude sticker on

Sorry about the bike OP.

I didn't kwow there was a bike stealing ring in Waterford, I better lock my bike more carefully when I am in WIT.

That's the location they prefer because as they are 'relatively' young they look

like students so don't ring any alarm bells if you'll pardon the pun!

That's the location they prefer because as they are 'relatively' young they look

like students so don't ring any alarm bells if you'll pardon the pun!

I have a decent enough U-Lock (best I could afford) and I lock my bike in the bike shed in WIT. Hopefully that is enough to keep the scum away.

On another note, were the guards much help OP?

Advertisement