Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla/Blanchardstown

Options
  • 19-09-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

HI there,
    We are house hunting. We don't have children, enjoy good transport and local pubs/shops etc. and hate traffic. The places were looking at are limelawn, willow wood and summerfield/clonsilla road. We would love roselawn/glenville etc but haven't seen anything we can afford :)
    Willow wood and oakview are a little less expensive - are they more difficult to access?
    Any advice is welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

I'm not really sure what you mean asking if Willow Wood and Oakview are difficult to access. They're estates off a main road, so getting into them isn't an issue. I live in Willow Wood and sometimes it can take a little bit of patience before you get out of the estate onto Hartstown Road, but it's not as if the traffic is bumper to bumper, or anything close to it. If anything, at certain times of the day the traffic is far worse on Clonsilla Road where you'd probably be driving if you're going to Roselawn, Glenville or Summerfield. There are bus stops on Hartstown Road, and the 39/39a services are pretty regular. If the train suits you better, there's paid parking at both Clonsilla and Coolmine stations. The Blanch Centre is about a 5 minute drive away, so there's no shortage of shops. The one thing that will disappoint is the quality of the local pubs, there's a dearth of decent pubs throughout D15. For example, Hartstown House, the Clonsilla Inn and The Carpenter are basically purpose built suburban drinking barns, but tbh that's the only downside I've found living in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The Carpenter and the Clonsilla Inn are a different kind of pub entirely. Dunno about the HH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dorlydoo

HI Straylight! You practically answered my question completely, thank you so much for taking the time! :) Thanks Beauf..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wilczyca

hi all, what is your opinion of Clonsilla train station area? Thinking of moving to Portersgate. Could you give your opinion on schools/creche, playgroups? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

wilczyca wrote: »
    hi all, what is your opinion of Clonsilla train station area? Thinking of moving to Portersgate. Could you give your opinion on schools/creche, playgroups? thanks

Evening,

I've been living in Portersgate for the last 14 years, it's a great area with a mix of families, young and old as well as couples. Train station is right on your doorstep as well as a bus stop outside the gates to the estate.

Sticky fingers is the main Creche in the area and is very good indeed, my little one is in there at the minute and she loves it. For Primary schools you will be in the catchment area for St Mochta's which is one of I'd not the best school in the area, the new school build has stated at the minute and is due to be finished but the end of 2018 start of 2019.

As far as playgroups are concerned, not 100% sure as I've never used them, I do use that play art in the porterstown parish centre on a Friday morning and the little fella loves it.

You will also be a five minute walk from beach park nice little walk and a small pant ground are in there.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ive lived in Portersgate for 4 years. Its a nice estate, handy for the train. Although get used to dogs barking and house alarms. I work from a home office and they are the constant background noise. Drives me cracked.

Advertisement