Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty bits

• 19-09-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Got some rusty bits that I want to try to fix/stop them getting any worse (see photos attached).

They've only started to appear in the last 1-2 years (I've had the bike 8 years now), mostly due to it now living outside at home and at work, and a bit of lack of maintenance/wd40 from my side from having less free time with kids now in the picture.

What is the best way to fix/repair these bits? I'm thinking use some kind of attachment for my dremel?

2016-09-19 17.45.40.jpg

2016-09-19 17.45.06.jpg

2016-09-19 17.44.14.jpg

2016-09-19 17.43.50.jpg

2016-09-19 17.43.46.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Taken off and stripped and re-painted, bolts can be replaced or re-plated..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blinkerz

Had the same problem on my GS. Last owner left the bike outside for a long time Used a dremel to lightly brush surface then used ACF50 to treat the rust. Looked as good as new after that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Blinkerz wrote: »
    Had the same problem on my GS. Last owner left the bike outside for a long time Used a dremel to lightly brush surface then used ACF50 to treat the rust. Looked as good as new after that!!

I was thinking this method. Otherwise it's a full strip down and a propper respray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Blinkerz wrote: »

Just with ACF50? did you bother painting them or any other chemical?

• Advertisement
Advertisement